Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Northern Trust !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - BMW Championship with 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Blue): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...w-championship
See more
See less

E6 Connect - Mevo+ issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6 Connect - Mevo+ issue

I run E6 Connect on an Ipad. I play in offline mode. I have trouble with the E6 Connect not finding the Mevo ("No Mevo detected").

The Mevo and the Ipad is connected. No Flightscope Apps are active. What's wrong?

Does your iPad have a cellular connection? If so, you may need to turn it off. Are you sure you've got the Mevo+'s wifi correct and connected in the iPad's wifi settings?
    - Ron at GungHoGolf.com - visit my site for instructional articles and reviews

Comment

It does not have cellular connection, and the Ipad itself says it's connected to the Mevo. I know the E6 software can connect to the Mevo, because I've succeeded a couple of times, but it's like I have to do trial and error every time, and it's annoying

Comment

I always connect my mevo+ to FS golf app first. Once connected and happy i close the application properly (swiping up on my iPad and closing the app) - then launch e6 and connects fine every-time. My iPad has cellular data enabled but works fine

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that next time

Comment

no worries let us know who it goes

Comment

I have a new iPad Pro with cellular data and seem to have a similar issue. Not sure if it’s E-6, mevo+, or an iPad issue. I suspect it’s a mevo+ issue though because I have to restart my mevo+ to correct it. I will set up the mevo+ using the FS app to ensure alignment and angle are spot on and then close that app out and start E-6. Everything is mostly normal when practicing with irons and driver. The issue seems to occur almost all the time when putting. In the middle of a putt E-6 will lose connection with the mevo+. Even if I recalibrate and E-6 says it is connected to the mevo+ the mevo+ lights all will remain green and not go into arm mode (no red light comes on). I still have to restart the mevo+ to get it to work. This happens occasionally while using E-6 with driver and irons and also in the FS app so this is why I believe it to be a mevo+ issue. I have reported it to Flightscope support many times. It truly is a PIA especially when playing a round of E-6 with someone that is playing as a guest because when I restart E-6 and continue the round the guest info is not saved. If you have this issue or a similar connection type issue please post it here and include if you are using the iOS or pc software. If enough people respond I will email a link to this thread to FS support. I have asked many times that someone from FS support check in on this board from time to time but that seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Thanks.

Comment

I still can't get E6 to connect to the Mevo+. I've now tried to delete the FS and the FS Skills app on the Ipad, to make sure that the only software the Mevo can connect to, is E6, but still no succes.

Comment

I never connect to FS Golf first. I always do this without any issues:

1. Turn on Mevo+
                  2. Once startup beeps are finished, open iPad and connect to the FS wifi signal.
                  3. Open E6 Connect
                  4. Accept prompts and open settings

Comment

I just started having this same issue where the Mevo+ would connect but then disconnect every 5-6 shots. Only fix was turn off the unit and turn it back on. FS support suggested the issue may be the wifi connection between the mevo+ unit and the ipad. I removed all other known networks so that my ipad isn't trying to connect to my home network instead of the mevo+ or anything like that. Not sure why that would happen but I was out of ideas. It hasn't happened since but it seemed random before so don't know if it's actually fixed. Their only other suggestion was to make sure you're on latest firmware, iOS version, etc.. I follow the same steps as trumb1mj.

Comment

Just played a round on E-6 or tried to play around for the first time in a week or so and after about 2 or 3 holes my iPad lost connection with the mevo+ while in mid putt. Had to go through shutting down the mevo+ but at least I did not have to close out E-6 to reconnect which is a little better than the before when I would have to close out E-6 as well to reconnect. Unfortunately on the 12th hole while putting I lipped out and E-6 got stuck in a loop and the ball just kept circling the hole. The only way to get it to stop is to restart E-6 and then use the continue game feature but for some reason “continue” is not working so I had to start another round. Very frustrating stuff.

Comment

So I kept trying to use the resume/continue function and finally got in. I was able to delete old range sessions. I guess E-6 could not handle loading all the old data and would just go back to the main menu so I am not sure why all of a sudden I was able to get in. So just an FYI if this happens to you or it takes awhile to enter the resume area delete old sessions when you have the opportunity a
                        nd no longer need them.

Comment

Working...
                        X