Costco Sale on TruGolf Vista Simulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costco Sale on TruGolf Vista Simulators

Hey guys...recently bought a new house with a 28ish ft x 42 ft barn. Gonna put the home gym in there and have been looking at a simulator build. Noticed Costco has what looks like some good deals on the TruGolf Vista 10 (and the multisport) simulators. There isn't a ton of info out there on these, though - even on this forum. Just wondering if that's a good deal or for that money if I should try to piece my own together with a used LM or something. Thanks for the help and hello from Columbus, OH.

The question really is what kind of expectations and experience you have.

Are you expecting a "plug and play" experience? If so, TruGolf, HD Golf, Full Swing, Golfzon, Trackman and the Foresights sim in a box, might be the route for you as everything is included in their packages. Granted, you will pay for that convenience...

Are you a DIY kind of guy? If so, you can save considerable amounts of money on a setup that you build out. It's my opinion that Uneekor EYEXO is currently the best deal you can have for this product range (if you want to use non-marked balls) If you are OK with using proprietary marked balls, then the normal Uneekor QED is a really good deal.

Because you have a pretty good size for a space you really are not limited in what you could put in that space.

Think about your overall budget.
    $12K for a TruGolf still has a few downsides. The projector and computer running that setup is a 720P projector and likely just enough computer to run that. So... No upgrade path at all there.

If you gave me $12K:

Uneekor QED: $6K
    Carls Place DIY enclosure $1K-$2K (Depending on How big you go)
    Optoma 1090HDR $1,400
    FiberBuilt Hitting Mat 5x4: $750 (or just buy a strip and build into the floor $250 + other material costs)
    Computer: $1500-$2,000 for something that will run 4K (must be Intel CPU)
    Simulation software: I'd recommend TGC2019 as it has hundreds of thousands of courses: $1,000

Obviously there is some variability in there. For Example. Carl's actually has a package where they will sell you a Uneekor Impact enclosure 7x12 with TGC2019 for $7,700. So there is some savings there https://www.carlofet.com/shop/bundle...%28TGC+2019%29

Comment

• Foreman33
      Foreman33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great suggestions - I would do the same with that budget.

I've never used that system nor do I hear a lot about it. I believe Uneekor is also selling a package deal with whole setup.

Comment

• BigJohn
      BigJohn commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought "only" the QED LM from Uneekor and built up the remainder of my simulator bay myself. I borrowed a Foresight Quad and compared them side by side. They were so close to each other that I could never see buying a different LM.

Sorry for not being more specific. That's great info though. I don't need plug and play - plenty ready and capable to DIY some of the setup. That price just seemed way lower than other similar setups so was wondering how good the system was. Sounds like there are better choices for that price. I'll keep my eyes open for deals and do some more research. Thanks again.

Comment

Just buy a gcquad and piece together the rest..

Comment

Originally posted by SkeetShooter View Post
        The question really is what kind of expectations and experience you have.

Are you expecting a "plug and play" experience? If so, TruGolf, HD Golf, Full Swing, Golfzon, Trackman and the Foresights sim in a box, might be the route for you as everything is included in their packages. Granted, you will pay for that convenience...

Are you a DIY kind of guy? If so, you can save considerable amounts of money on a setup that you build out. It's my opinion that Uneekor EYEXO is currently the best deal you can have for this product range (if you want to use non-marked balls) If you are OK with using proprietary marked balls, then the normal Uneekor QED is a really good deal.

Because you have a pretty good size for a space you really are not limited in what you could put in that space.

Think about your overall budget.
        $12K for a TruGolf still has a few downsides. The projector and computer running that setup is a 720P projector and likely just enough computer to run that. So... No upgrade path at all there.

If you gave me $12K:

Uneekor QED: $6K
        Carls Place DIY enclosure $1K-$2K (Depending on How big you go)
        Optoma 1090HDR $1,400
        FiberBuilt Hitting Mat 5x4: $750 (or just buy a strip and build into the floor $250 + other material costs)
        Computer: $1500-$2,000 for something that will run 4K (must be Intel CPU)
        Simulation software: I'd recommend TGC2019 as it has hundreds of thousands of courses: $1,000

Obviously there is some variability in there. For Example. Carl's actually has a package where they will sell you a Uneekor Impact enclosure 7x12 with TGC2019 for $7,700. So there is some savings there https://www.carlofet.com/shop/bundle...%28TGC+2019%29

This is excellent advice.

Comment

You stated you have some skills, with me to drop around 10k on a garage sim at one time would have been a none starter. I do like sleeping in my bed. lol

I started slow but kept adding a few bucks here, a grand there. My set-up is not as pretty as others but I'm getting there. The biggest thing I've read is netting, you'll need a set-up so you can hit full wedges. I have a 10x16' net that I cantilevered 5' into the hitting area, 60* wedge is not a problem. I also looked into a projector and impact screen, I just couldn't justify the cost vs a 50" tv . I'd join some other websites to get more info and ideas.

Matt

Comment

Hey slipdog, if you want to check out any of the items folks here have suggested as piece-build rather than Costco box, please PM me. I live on the east side of Columbus and just recently built a sim in the garage using Carl’s enclosure, True-Strike mat, e6 software and Skytrak. Glad to help in any way as this forum was invaluable in my process.

Comment

Working...
            X