Tgc 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tgc 2

I am getting my skytrack in a few days. I was wondering if I purchased TGC would I receive TGC2 for free when it gets released? Should I just wait?

thx
    Last edited by rich; 06-16-2017, 08:39 PM.

That's the $1000 question..... we all would love to know

Comment

The consensus and soft word from corporate is we will, but there hasn't been a firm guarantee from corporate to my knowledge. If we don't, a lot of folks will be disappointed.
      - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Frankly, I would not put off purchasing TGC based on the belief that TGC2 will somehow be inherently better. If you look at the HB Studios TGC2 announcement, the main "improvements" all are related to console play. There is a "career" mode, play money, "automatic" spectators (god forbid), etc. The course design tools are being improved but nowhere does it mention the ability to choose from multiple tee boxes or to adjust the penalties or course conditions. There is nothing at all that would benefit Golf Sim play.

Further, ProTee has not made any announcement about what will be different in the TGC2 Sim vs. the current TGC Sim, nor when it will be available.

Comment

TGC 2 will have multiple tee boxes........and pins. Those changes alone make it wothwhile. I am pretty sure Protee will give us the update for free or a minimal charge. This is straight from the site:

Confirmed Categories
          General: (this section includes items that either do not fit into the other two, or fit in both of the other two)
          • Engine upgrade from Unity 4 to Unity 5
          • Character Customization (the whole 9 yards)
          • New customization clothes (color wheel for 3 preset options: primary, secondary, and something else)
          • Societies
          • Upgraded UI (User Interface)
          • Upgraded overall graphics
          • Multiple Pins and Tees (belongs to both gameplay and designer)

Gameplay:
          • 3 new tempo based swing options: Tour (hard), Pro (medium), Rookie (easiest) (names may be incorrect)
          • Short game has been reworked including chipping, flopping, pitching
          • New practice areas: driving range and putting green (for both putting and chipping)
          • Updated golfer animations
          • Updated club selection (what goes in your bag) with added clubs to choose from
          • Uphill/Downhill lies
          • Bunker Plugging massively reduced
          • % removed from post shot information
          • Practice swing - giving percentage and swing info

Designer:
          • Waterfalls
          • Water at any level via water brush
          • New items such as fencing, walls, bridges
          • expandable brushes
          • cart path tool now works with all textures

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            I can add........ designers will be able to import their existing courses and apply the new features.

I personally can't see ProTee charging anything for the upgrade. Protee has stated that they want to keep and operate one tour. If they charge for it, more than a few players will not be upgrading. So the tour would be split in two.

Once they do announce that it is a free upgrade, they will look like hero's compared to the other guys.

We have never charged for ProTee Golf 2.0 updates since 2001. We have never charged for any TGC updates since its release back in August 2014. ProTee Golf 2.0 customers received TGC as a TOTALLY FREE UPGRADE. Product lifetime UPDATES will always be free.

However, we can not guarantee a free product UPGRADE path. No body can, as we just do not know what our future product offering will look like. As our history shows, we will always try to provide an UPGRADE for free, and if we really, really, really can't do for free it will be for a very small fee

I found that in this post

We get a lot of questions about the Subscription vs. Perpetual License purchase options for The Golf Club Simulator. Perpetual License If you have strong feelings

Comment

Working...
          X