ID:	94057

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Tournament of Champions from TODAY - January 8.

Purse: $8,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Tough course this week but very enjoyable to play. Finally got my swing worked out and played well in the second and third rounds. Thanks again for setting these up. Looking forward to next weeks already.

Comment

Can't seem to get to page 2 of leaderboard. Tried reloading several times. Also my first round 81 isn't there anymore unless it's now on page 2.

Comment

Question for the tour commissioners. I'm playing round 2 and after paring the longish par 3 8Th I hit a good drive on 9 and I'm disconnected. When I reconnect a ball is immediately in the air and it's actually the bad shot I hit on 8 in the first round. Very strange. So now in frustratiion I double bogey 8. Question - should I have faked a par on 8 to ensure I was in the same position I was in before the disconnect? I didn't. But I was tempted.

Comment

Finish the round and see what the data says. So far I just see the one round for you. Look like you stopped on hole 12 or 13. Your data shows that you got a par on number 8.... must have been a good shot out of the sand. If your scorecard doesn't reflect what really happened, you can PM Protee and they can adjust your score. It will be interesting what your scorecard reads. My guess is that the game had trouble syncing you up after the disconnect. This is a good argument for recording your rounds.

Comment

• Mickey
            Mickey commented
            Editing a comment
            Your right - good bunker shot on 8 put me in gimme range. I stopped on 13 because I found myself not giving a sh.. about the round. I like the course too much to throw in the towel. Will finish the round today and see what happens. thanks.

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wyzyguy. I used to record all of my tournament rounds.... but at 8 GB each they take up a lot of space. I will be deleting some soon. I put a few good ones up on YouTube. At first, I was recording to analyze the round and back up for any rewinds that were needed. But with the data available..... that is not really necessary. When a guy takes 5 tee shots over water on a par 3 and shows a par...... Misreads are easy to tell apart from Muligans. I can go as far as input that data into my control panel.... go to that hole and watch his actual shot on my screen. If a rewind is questionable.... the benefit of the doubt is given to the player..... 5 tee shots with similar data ......is not questionable. Most misreads are clearly misreads..... no LA, 24 degree HA. or 220 mph 9 irons....... I once had a putt from 4 yards register at 40 mph....... I assure you that I am a better putter than that..... it was funny when my ball goes flying across the green into the bushes...... a WTF moment. I took a rewind on that one. On the bright side..... I have way less rewinds since I added my sensor mat to the system.... and I can officially draw the ball at will with my mid irons and woods. I still prefer to hit it straight though.

• Mickey
            Mickey commented
            Editing a comment
            @protee please adjust my round 2 to 82 from 84. See discussion above. Number 8 appears as a double. Should be par. No chance of winning or even finishing high. This only matters for the integrity of my cap. Thanks.

Well I am very disappointed with my 81 but I shouldn't be. My swing was HORRIBLE until about hole No. 15. For some crazy reason I decided to switch drivers for round 1. That was STUPID. Spent the entire round trying to figure out the swing to get it going. Won't make that mistake moving forward :-). But it was my iron shots that were disgusting. My swing just completely left me. So to end up at just +8 with missing a boatload of greens I should be thrilled. But my unrealistic handicap is going to kill me on round 1. Maybe I can recover in 2 and 3 :-).

Okay WEIRD thing happened to me. Okay two. I have NEVER been disconnected in the middle of a round before EVER. Until last night. I disconnected during a multi-player match as we were playing a practice round on this week's course. I think I made it to hole 8. Got back in after a re-start and not sure I made it through another hole. Disconnected again and I just signed off for the night.

Fast forward to this morning. I made it through several holes and got disconnected in my tournament round. Reconnected and motored through the remainder of the round no problems.

Okay for the really WEIRD thing . . . I have played the last couple of rounds with the air keyboard on my iPad. One of the TGC keyboards has a "scorecard" shortcut on it. I finished one of the 500-plus par 4s with a 12-foot par save. Hole on the back side. It said I "stayed" at 8 over and I was thinking hey wait a minute I thought this was a par 5. So I thought well I'm just going to hit my scorecard key and see if that was right. Well I hit that key and it takes me back to my 12-footer to save par. Thankfully I made the putt again and indeed it was a par 4. So I did not rewind, but I don't know if that button is mislabeled or if you've finished a hole and on the next tee box if that is what scorecard is supposed to do. Anyway I just wanted to let everyone know that in case there was a question on that data.

Comment

• goatbarn
            goatbarn commented
            Editing a comment
            The air keyboard app's buttons for functions like scorecard, replay, mulligan...etc. are mapped to do a certain number of keystrokes after applying the escape button (which brings you to the menu).

Since TGC changes the order/number of functions in the Menu based on your current status (ie playing alone will have different menu options that playing with others, on the first tee you'll have different menu options than after first tee shot...etc.) which alter the way the programmed air keyboard functions work.

So if Mike (or whomever made the app) set up the buttons to function properly while playing alone, after the first tee shot, the mapped functions will do different things, things they aren't "labeled" to do, if you currently aren't in the same exact scenario/mode of gameplay.

I bet scorecard was mapped during a different scenario of gameplay than what you were currently playing, and the mapped scorecard button took you down to rewind instead of scorecard and you took a mulligan by mistake.

When I have time I'm going to just delete all those functions from the app so it's just a mouse pad, clubs, aiming, and enter. I dont need any other functions and because TGC works this way, I find it more dangerous than useful.

• MainStGolf
            MainStGolf commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I will be very careful so as not to touch any buttons during the tournament that I don't know exactly what it does :-).

I am no longer showing up either? I have played 2 rounds so far
          GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

The keystrokes are a pain and based on your wifi connection the millisecond count between keystrokes gets polluted there is 14 sequences in the scorecard button with a millisecond count between each sequence if your wifi is a ways off that millisecond count gets inaccurate and might miss a sequence which will change the outcome it happens to me once in a while so mostly I hit menu button and scroll down

Comment

I think I found out what the problem was. I am showing up with one round played. My golfer name inside TGC was changed to Bubs3141 instead of bubs3141. I guess the capital B screwed it all up. Is there anyway for protee to go in and credit my other rounds. I played all three. But the last one was with the correct name.
              GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

Anybody care to go to my live youtube stream and test it out for me? Messing with live broadcasting for a few holes.

Edit: Tested and seems to work pretty well.
                Last edited by Vincent_Vega; 01-06-2017, 03:17 AM.

Comment

• keither5150
                  keither5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice rounds....... well done. I love this course.....even #18.

VV....... when you broadcast, does it upload to YouTube after the fact?

I had a great first round for me.... I hit 100% of the fairways and 14 greens in reg....... left myself too far from the pin as I had more putts than usual for me. I played this course IRL from the gold tees.... Plays much different from there. Too bad TGC doesn't give the roll like those elevated holes did IRL. A 275 yard drive there can roll out to 340 if you hit the downslope just right. Seemed tougher coming up the hills IRL. Anyone going to Maui must play this course. The designer did a great job recreating this course.

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
                  VV....... when you broadcast, does it upload to YouTube after the fact?

I had a great first round for me.... I hit 100% of the fairways and 14 greens in reg....... left myself too far from the pin as I had more putts than usual for me. I played this course IRL from the gold tees.... Plays much different from there. Too bad TGC doesn't give the roll like those elevated holes did IRL. A 275 yard drive there can roll out to 340 if you hit the downslope just right. Seemed tougher coming up the hills IRL. Anyone going to Maui must play this course. The designer did a great job recreating this course.
                  Yeah, it automatically uploads it. I think it might do it as you're playing, because it was uploaded very quickly after my round was complete. It normally takes quite a while, this method is much quicker. It's really simple to set up through Shadowplay. You just log in to your Youtube account in the Shadowplay broadcast settings and give it permission to broadcast. That's about all there is to it. Think I will stream our match tomorrow morning because Mainstreet mentioned wanting to watch it.

As for the course, I agree. It's a lot of fun on sim. It doesn't play near the stated yardage. There are a lot of really fun tee shots due to the elevation changes. I've been to the Big Island years ago, but will definitely be leaning toward Maui and playing KPC my next trip back.

Comment

• keither5150
                    keither5150 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will try the broadcasting next time I play. Swearjar activated.....

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
                  I will try the broadcasting next time I play. Swearjar activated.....
                  Ha! I didn't break out the webcam for my test because I didn't want to have to sacrifice too much broadcasting video quality in order to make the game still play smoothly for myself. I'll probably add it and tinker some tonight though. I have a 1060, so it should be able to handle it. We use to have some fun with the live streams in the Optishot tour. It adds just a hint of pressure when you know there might possibly be one or two people watching you play. Very nice playing as well keither. Will take 14 GIR any day of the week.

Comment

I started out double, bogie, double. Ended the front at +9. Then got it going on the back and ended up at +11for the round. I had 2 rewinds, a chip that went 0.0 inches and a drive that had a club speed of 166 mph and travelled 360 yards. Not even down hill much. Attached are the rewind shot data.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kpc1.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	95259 Click image for larger version

Name:	kpc2.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	95258

Comment

• MainStGolf
                      MainStGolf commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You been in the weight room the last couple days haven't you :-).

LOL..... well we will just have to investigate that one...... not a big deal. There is no need for anyone to post proof that a rewind is legit. Rewinds are there for those systems that need them. I recently had a 40 mph putt from about 12 feet away..... I took a rewind. That is some drive though..... I am thinking that 166 mph club speed should be more like 400+ yards.

Comment

Wow those top two guys had some great rounds!

Comment

• Robbyboy
                        Robbyboy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am one of the two people you are referring to. Still trying to figure things out. I read the tutorial again and made some changes so hopefully my shot recording works next time. I sent a PM to protee united yesterday asking for help with shot recording and to see if there was a way I could have my handicap lowered (I was a 1.5 and then I changed my username and now I see the handicap didn't follow along).

This is all a lot of fun and I will get things figured out

• Bnorman58
                        Bnorman58 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Fair enough. Make sure you put your product key in your profile. That's where I got confused a month or 2 ago.

• Bnorman58
                        Bnorman58 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Tgc user Id is the field. I used to have my handle there. It is your product key. That and of course having it set in your settings. There is a thread on it above. You can test it by looking at non tour recorded shots right after you do it.
                    Working...
                    X