I think I've ordered the wrong gaming laptop... help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've ordered the wrong gaming laptop... help needed

So after a bit of reading on here flicking through the pages on set up for screens etc the last thing I looked at was a gaming pc/laptop.

So I read that 970 graphic cards or better were recommended. So I started looking for cards that were better than this.

Ordered myself an MSI gaming laptop with pretty good specs https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071K...236_SY340_QL65 with a 1050 video card off amazon, thought that fits the bill perfectly. After all the higher the number the better right?

Wrong, i've since come across more information that a 1050 card is not better than a 970 and not even in the same league and probably won't run TGC in high quality I also didn't take notice 2g size of it.

I'm looking at this, https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06Y4...KIKX0DER&psc=1 does this solve all my problems and should I sell the other laptop as soon as I get it without even opening or using it and buy this one or can I get by with it?

Get the 2nd one with the GTX 1060 / 6GB card.

Comment

the first one shows it being stocked and shipped by Amazon. I wouldn't think you would have any issues returning it unopened.

Comment

Originally posted by Osprey
        the first one shows it being stocked and shipped by Amazon. I wouldn't think you would have any issues returning it unopened.
        I'm in Aus and we get charged import duties and taxes on import so it's already cost an extra $200US in shipping and it will cost $100 to ship it back. I'll just sell it here on eBay. I should be able to get close enough to what I paid for it

Comment

WalksAus where about in AUS are you? what simulator have you got?

Comment

Originally posted by frankiepap39
            WalksAus where about in AUS are you? what simulator have you got?
            Melbourne and I've got a skytrak on the way. Should be in this week.

I've cleared out most of the garage and just need the impact screen to turn up because I need the exact size so I can install all the rest of the stuff.

Comment

Ended up ordering 1060 6gb laptop last night. Will be in on Thursday. Ends up being 1600 AUD landed cost. I need it for work anyway because I've got a Mac mini here I need to take into work for another staff member. That's the main reason I went for Laptop over PC so it can be used as a normal machine by the wife for the work she does from home. I have MacBook Pro so I don't really need it for me at home but the mac comes to work with me most days even though I have an iMac there sometimes I need the portability of the MacBook

Comment

Igor-247-golf set me up with all my skytrak and has everything you may need... I'm in melb too. just getting my garage ready now actually. moved house so its all a huge mess!

Comment

Originally posted by WalksAus View Post
                  I'm looking at this, https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06Y4...KIKX0DER&psc=1 does this solve all my problems and should I sell the other laptop as soon as I get it without even opening or using it and buy this one or can I get by with it?
                  BTW this GTX 1060 6GB laptop briefly sold for only $899 during Prime Day just a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frankiepap39
                    Igor-247-golf set me up with all my skytrak and has everything you may need... I'm in melb too. just getting my garage ready now actually. moved house so its all a huge mess!
                    Yep, Igor has me sorted with everything else too.

Comment

Working...
                    X