Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Jeremy (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - The Greenbrier Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SUMMER TOUR - John Deere Classic with 2 rounds at Merion East Ardmore, PA (ProTee - Middle) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-deere-classic
See more
See less

automatic swing recording and slow motion playback with kinovea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also the ov2710 cameras' default settings are a little dark out of the box. the same button in kinovea that pulls up the camera selection window has a "properties" button where you can adjust settings for brightness, contrast, gain, etc. do not manually adjust "exposure" on the "camera control" tab as this can drastically lower the fps.

Comment

• zooliu
      zooliu commented
      Editing a comment
      Inorkuo with the dual ov2710’s do you have the same issues with getting the system to recognize both cams like there are with two ps3eyes?

• inorkuo
      inorkuo commented
      Editing a comment
      No issues. That is one of the reasons I went with these cameras.

I have this complete setup working now. I did try with some basic Logitech cameras, which worked, but I was not getting very high frame rates. I am now using two ov2710s and getting 100 FPS at 640 x 480. I am very happy with the results for the money.

Comment

Inorkuo,

Thanks for all your help.

How do we adjust the playback speed on the recordings. Currently its x0.2 speed.

Cheers

Comment

• inorkuo
        inorkuo commented
        Editing a comment
        the default playback speed is 20%. if you want to change it, you can increase or decrease in 10% increments by changing the 20 in front of mp4 to whatever you like.

recording_dual.exe 0 3.5 1 2 1 20 mp4 "D:\Swing_Videos"

This is awesome stuff! After reading through this follow up thread I'm feeling much more confident about tackling this...

Both of my cameras will be about 10' from me; will the 2.1mm lenses work for me? Is this the camera to get?
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/1080p-Full-...4AAOSwZd1VeVx~

Thanks for all the time & effort you have put into this Inor! Awesome work!

Comment

yes those are the cameras that I have and 2.1mm works well for me at 8' so at 10' you will be fine. the only down side is that these cameras need good lighting which could affect your projector image. I have just received the infrared version of these cameras but I have a feeling that they might not work with the gc2 because of the bright flash. I will test in the morning. if it does not work for me, I will try to sell them to someone here who does not use gc2.

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is the IR version just the one that has a bunch of IR LEDs mounted around it? I assume that it worked with your GC2 since you are selling your other ones. My lighting isn't too good so I suspect that the IR version would work better for me.

• inorkuo
          inorkuo commented
          Editing a comment
          No, actually the ir does not work with gc2. For one it has to be very dim for the night vision mode to kick in. Second, when the gc2 mega flash goes off everything turns white for a few frames. I figured it'd be easier to sell the camera with the case. The infrared cameras are caseless. The infrared versions work the same as the others when not in night vision mode so I'm going to keep one night vision and one regular.

So I have 2 ov2710 cameras for sale. I have one with a case like the link below and I have one that is not in a case. Pm if you are interested. You will get them much faster than ordering from China.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1080p-Full-...4AAOSwZd1VeVx~

Comment

So I have both cameras and I am able to select them in Kinovea, but one just displays as a dark screen. I can get them to work individually, but not at the same time. Any thoughts?
          Thanks,
          Ryan

Comment

• BWJones
            BWJones commented
            Editing a comment
            RFreund, this is normal when you first fire up kinovea. Under the blank screen, select the “other” camera that is not being displayed. It is below the video picture where you also set the delay.

• RFreund
            RFreund commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm finally getting back to this...
            inorkuo - you are correct. I use a MS Surface which has one USB 3.0 port (and a mini-displayport). I use a Display Link Plugable USB 3.0 Dock station. Do you think there is anyway to get multiple cameras with this setup?
            Thanks again!

• inorkuo
            inorkuo commented
            Editing a comment
            usb 3.0 is supposed to be 10 times faster than usb 2.0 but if you have a usb 3.0 dock with usb hub and it doesn't work, then you'll have to find a different hardware solution. MS Surface Pro's have a dedicated docking port don't they? you could try the surface dock but I couldn't tell you for sure it would work. also you need a fairly recent i5 or i7 and a good graphics chip if you are wanting to run kinovea with 2 cameras along with tgc.

I'm just setting this up. So far so good. Everything is working except I get an error during the VLC playback. It's about a D:video folder. I do have the settings in the trigger set to my folder. It's also set to mp4 on Kinovea and the trigger. Wondering if I have to config the script? If so how and where can I edit? Screenshot attached.

Thanks for the great walk through.

Below is the actual error I am getting.
          -----------------------------

File reading failed:

VLC could not open the file "D:\Swing_Videos\Swing6- 42 - 1.mp4" (Bad file descriptor).

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///D:/Swing_Videos/Swing6-%2042%20-%201.mp4'. Check the log for details.

Thank you!

Last edited by billyb; 02-03-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• billyb
            billyb commented
            Editing a comment
            After digging a little. I had to edit the recording_dual.au3 file. I changed it to my video folder. I tested and I still got the same error.
            Last edited by billyb; 02-03-2018, 01:41 AM.

Has anyone had any issue installing the Audio Zone Trigger software? I bought a key and am trying to install the software; however, I keep getting the following error message and then the installation aborts: “Cannot install file “C:\Program Files (x86)\Audio Zone Trigger\AudioZoneTrigger.exe”.”

I tried to contact the developer, but I'm haven't heard anything back and am assuming they are closed for the weekend.

Comment

• bbjr
            bbjr commented
            Editing a comment
            I figured it out. The exe. file needs to be ran as the administrator in order for it to install.

Did you try to run the install as administrator?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Baas Becking View Post
            Did you try to run the install as administrator?
            Yes, and that ended up working.

Now I am having another issue, though. I have everything set-up according to the demo video (thanks inorkuo , for putting this all together btw), and after I hit a shot I get the following error message:

Autolt Error
            Line 3296 (File "C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\recording_dual_main\reco rding_dual_main.exe"):
            Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
            Last edited by bbjr; 02-03-2018, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• bbjr
              bbjr commented
              Editing a comment
              No problem, inorkuo. I had it set up as a parameter in the script, but it seemed to still be getting tripped up somewhere and I couldn't figure it out. I have plenty of hard drive space, so it was a piece of cake to just partition a new drive.

• inorkuo
              inorkuo commented
              Editing a comment
              billy, the recording_dual script puts the vlc playback windows on top of kinovea. recording_dual_main will move the playback windows onto your main screen. this script is more for people who don't run a multiple monitor setup. I don't see anything wrong with the way you have your parameters set. I tried changing my directory in kinovea and if I pass the directory to the script, it works fine. i did run into the same problem with someone else's computer where it just didn't like his directory for whatever reason. we moved his recordings to a different directory and it started working fine. if you jump on the tgc discord channel and message me there, i'll be more likely to see it more quickly.

• billyb
              billyb commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi inorkuo,

I was wondering if you can edit recording_dual_main.exe so the default folder is C:\Swing_Videos as I don't have the source files.
              That script seems to work the best for me. It starts and records the video but doesn't playback when I set the folder to C:\Swing_Videos in the AU3 file. I've tried a few different folders and It always asks for D:\Swing_Videos.

If you can make the default folder C:\Swing_Videos I believe that would fix the issue. If this is not possible I understand.

Thank you for your time!

Well. I'm done!

I've tried just about everything I could with settings for past week. I even setup a usb D:\Swing_Videos drive and still can't get the script to work. Might be VLC access or something but I can't find the issue. Kinovea records with the script and the audio zone trigger but can't playback my videos.

My error is as follows even though the video are in the folder and I'm set to the proper folder.

VLC could not open the file "D:\Swing_Videos\Swing6- 42 - 1.mp4" (Bad file descriptor).

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///D:/Swing_Videos/Swing6-%2042%20-%201.mp4'. Check the log for details.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'm done messing with this although it would be a great feature. Guess I'll have to do it the old fashion way or recording and then sitting down to review.

Thank you for all the help!
            Billy

Comment

• inorkuo
              inorkuo commented
              Editing a comment
              hey billy I responded to your direct message here and also tried to message you on skype.

• billyb
              billyb commented
              Editing a comment
              inorkuo is awesome. He fixed my issue which was very much appreciated. Thank you!

• elibott
              elibott commented
              Editing a comment
              What was your issue? I am running into this same problem. I can get everything to record but not playback.

Hi Inorkuo

I have been following this thread for a while. And I am going to try it out if I can. Appreciate what you and others have done with this, its more than generous.

Anyway

I have a 64 bit laptop that has windows 10. Its sole use will be to for Kinovea and and VLC.
            I have installed Autoit.
            I have 2 ELP 0V2710 cameras @120fps cameras.
            I have kinovea 0.8.15 with the delay working.
            I also have Audio ZoneTrigger working.

I see you have some zip files that have the code required. My questions below.

1. Which files would I need for this setup and could I get hold of them?
            2. Oh and do I need anything else?

Thanks in advance
            Regards Indodom

Comment

• billyb
              billyb commented
              Editing a comment
              The zip files at the start of this thread is all you would need. The recording_dual is if you have 2 monitors. The recording_dual_main is if you have one monitor.

Originally posted by Indodom View Post
            I have 2 ELP 0V2710 cameras @120fps cameras.
            I have 2 of the same cameras however I can't get them both running at once. I can switch between them OK, but from what I've read it needs a driver that supports multi-cameras and it seems the one out of the box doesn't. (I'm running x64 Windows 10 too). How were you able to get them both running at once?

Additionally, I remember reading before my cameras turned up that these 120fps camera's actually run at 100fps. I've confirmed this now that it's setup and I am seeing accelerated playback results were it looks like everything is in fast forward (I wish I swung that fast). I vaguely remember seeing a convo about this where it's playing back at 120fps but because it's recorded in 100 frames the playback is roughly 20% faster. I believe there was a solution for this but can't find it. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Lastly, I only setup my cameras over the weekend and noticed a large swing flaw. Being able to setup a 4 second delay, have a shot and then see if you fixed the fault in near real time is friggen amazing! This has got to be the best training aid ever. Single figures here I come!

AL

Comment

• inorkuo
              inorkuo commented
              Editing a comment
              are both cameras connected to their own usb ports or do you have them running through a hub?

• AlwayzLearnin
              AlwayzLearnin commented
              Editing a comment
              Both are independent on their own ports. Connected directly from camera to PC.

• inorkuo
              inorkuo commented
              Editing a comment
              that's strange. he only time i saw this kind of issue was when someone was using a hub. also I didn't have to install any drivers. windows 10 installed them automatically when I plugged the cameras in. jump into the tgc discord server and message me there. i'll see it faster.
              https://discord.gg/PakHbUA

At the start when I first turned on kinovea with the 2 cameras, one cam would connect then the next. At that point the first would disconnect. It would continue to flip flop between the cameras until I selected the 2nd "USB CAMERA" in the settings.

Comment

Working...
            X