Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Fold Up Garage Simulator - UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fold Up Garage Simulator - UK

This is my third post in this section about how I built my garage simulator. Unfortunately Photobucket have changed their “third party hosting’ rules, and want $400 a year from me to display my images - which isn’t happening! Sadly this forum doesn’t let me edit my own posts, so I have to start again. Rather than copy and paste my previous thread, I’ve decided to re-write it in a bit more detail… although there may be sections of copy / paste from the last one!

Before I start rambling, I’ll post a couple of pictures of the finished article. I say finished, however it is continually evolving - so it’s finished as of writing! If I change anything, it’ll be added to the end of this post.

** Photo with the garage door open - hence the washed out picture **

** Setup fully retracted. I had 2 cars in here 10 mins before this photo was taken! **
    Last edited by p3eps; 08-03-2017, 09:52 PM.

Originally posted by mooncry1 View Post
    Great set of pictures and walk through of what you have done, looks brilliant and some great info here which has given me several ideas for mine. Unfortunately haven't got quite as big a garage but I think the actual sim will be similar size. What width and height is the screen itself?
    There’s a pic with the exact sizes of the screen in here:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...m-enclosure-uk

Comment

Sorry if it was mentioned somewhere I didn't see.... How far from the back of the netting is the memory foam, or are they touching? Are the zip ties hung from the same tube as your screen/netting?

Outstanding build, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! (although mine will be permanent, no retracting magic!)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!
        I’ve actually torn the whole lot down and started again since I posted this thread! Here’s the newest one.
        https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...th-sportscreen

To answer your question though - yes, it was hung from the same tube - and was practically touching the net.

Comment

Great post, copying a lot of it. When the hoist is bringing down the frame, does the bottom back portion scrape the floor before it is full brought down? I'm assuming the frame is flush with the floor and essentially sits on it? Any advice would be great, thanks!

Comment

Thank you! I’ve actually changed my whole setup, and there is a V3 post out there somewhere!

The frame would touch the ground when it was still slightly angled when lowering. There was enough flex in my brackets and the rubber floor for me to “lift and push” it the last foot or so to get it perfectly upright!

Hope that makes sense?

Comment

That's exactly what I was looking for! And yes, I've read all 3 versions about 100 times while planning mine . I really appreciate the detail you provided, these posts have been incredibly helpful.

Comment

Hi P3eps,

Sorry to bring you back to your old build when I can see you are now on v3, but which wall mount was it that you used from themetalstore to give you the hinge you needed? I can see there are a few different types on their website.

I'm looking to have the same mechanism that you did to be able to lift the screen out of the way when needed.

Comment

• p3eps
                  p3eps commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used “Wall Mounted Handrail Bracket - 143”

Just don’t tighten the hex bolt in them so that the tube can rotate freely.

I am currently in the design phase of mine. Thankfully, I had a lot of similar ideas so it is greatly appreciated to find this with all the details. Looking back now, do you feel the netting is rudundent since you have the mattress topper as well? Lastly, that is one sweet setup, great job!

Comment

Originally posted by BJMDO View Post
                  I am currently in the design phase of mine. Thankfully, I had a lot of similar ideas so it is greatly appreciated to find this with all the details. Looking back now, do you feel the netting is rudundent since you have the mattress topper as well? Lastly, that is one sweet setup, great job!
                  The net was bought prior to the mattress topper. Yes, it was probably unnecessary to have both, but the net on its own wasn’t enough.

This thread is about 5 years old I think.
                  About 2 ago I started again - and did this one instead.
                  https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...th-sportscreen

Much easier to set up and put away... and a bigger screen too!

Comment

Working...
                  X