Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Michael Stuewe winning the TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Tournament of Champions !

Join this weeks TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Sony Open with 2 rounds at The Baltasar Springfield NJ - 6662y : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...tour-sony-open
See more
See less

Direct from Mill Screen Review and Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct from Mill Screen Review and Question

First off, I'd like to thank DBGolf for the work he has done in getting these screens. It is a huge improvement over my previous screen which was a regular Carl's screen. It is very thick and produces a nice image. It seems to have more elasticity than my previous screen and gives a little more bounce back, but not anything that is excessive. I do put a little tension on the sides to create a flat screen, so I'm sure the bounce back could be lessened by reducing the tension. It is very quiet. The wrinkles that came from shipping disappeared after steaming them.

Here's my question. Do I flip my screen over? It was brought to my attention in another post that the image is better on a certain side. I came across that after I had hung my screen. I have posted some pics with the image I have now, the texture of the 2 sides, and one with a corner of the screen folded up. It does appear to be more clear in the pic with the corner folded up. When I received the screen, one side had been marked to cut so I hung the opposite side facing out. Has anyone seen a full screen image on both sides? I'd really appreciate it if anyone else could confirm that I did hang it "backwards" and if it would be worth switching. Thanks.
    Current image with lights on Current image with lights off Side that is hidden

I hung mine opposite of yours. I had seen the posts on this forum of the different characteristics of the two sides prior to hanging and I went with the recommendation, so I did not test it on the opposite side.

Comment

One side has a better image.... that's for sure.... It is quiet and the image is fantastic. I see no reason to ever take it down to watch TV. Bounce back is acceptable.... although I haven't hit any balls over 120 mph into it yet. Hopefully it wears well.

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
        One side has a better image.... that's for sure.... It is quiet and the image is fantastic. I see no reason to ever take it down to watch TV. Bounce back is acceptable.... although I haven't hit any balls over 120 mph into it yet. Hopefully it wears well.
        What is the best way to tell for sure which side has the better image? Do you project on the side that dbgolf marked to make the cuts?

Comment

You want the FLAT side facing back. So the “front” is the textured side and looks best.

Comment

Kent’s 3rd picture is the good side

Comment

Working...
            X