Buy or Build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy or Build?

Hello! I am looking to purchase a SkyTrak and am having troubles deciding whether I want to rig together my own enclosure or just buy a net. The space I'm looking to use is 10' x 10` with a 9 feet ceiling. I'll be using an iPad (hopefully mirrored to a TV) for my screen and will not be using a projector & screen. The Net Return Home Series Golf Net (https://rainorshinegolf.com/products...eries-golf-net) seems like a good option but I'm also considering just buying netting (https://rainorshinegolf.com/products...anging-netting) to hang from the ceiling to create my own enclosure.

Any advice on buying a portable net versus building my own enclosure? If a go with the Net Return Home Series, should I also buy the optional sides (https://rainorshinegolf.com/products...nt=31106596934)? If I build my own enclosure, how big should I make it?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by johnyankee; 09-10-2019, 02:34 PM. Reason: added tags

Go with making your own enclosure, it will save you money and you will get what you want.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
      triplebogeysrbetter commented
      Editing a comment
      And when you're disappoint at the first attempt you can still remade for less than what those companies would charge you.

"...and will not be using a projector & screen."

That's what I said when I first set up my sim too................

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
      triplebogeysrbetter commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. Lasted two weeks I think.

• trhuke
      trhuke commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, two weeks was about my wait too......

You will be using a projector and screen so just plan on that and make your enclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard of Coz View Post
      You will be using a projector and screen so just plan on that and make your enclosure.

Alright, so with this in mind then - what links do you all have to get some details and do's/dont's on building my own enclosure?

Comment

I just bought 1 inch emt from menards and got the connectors from some tent supply company I think. It's listed here on this site under enclosures I think.
        I went 14ft wide 8ish high 3 deep. Love it.

Comment

Go to tarps dot com to get the emt fittings, then a local hardware store for the 1" emt. Get the screen from the forum here as well, look for direct from mill in the screen section. You will be shocked at how much you can save doing it yourself vs buying the enclosure with screen.

Comment

FWIW I managed to be happy with my Net Return hitting net and monitor for about 2 years.

But it is inevitable that you WILL want to move to a projector eventually.. its just a much better experience.

Comment

I went with a Cimarron 10x10x10 because I wanted the netting to keep everything contained. I ended up making it 10x10x3 deep and just wrapped the extra net around itself. You can buy/add a couple T fittings later if you decide to add a screen (which I agree with everyone else, you will eventually). The archery baffle net makes a good ceiling protector too for the front of the cage. Just add 1" EMT and you have a solid starting cage to work with.

You can shop around, but here is one from Amazon.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X