Problems with screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with screen

I have a smaller room that is 10x14 to hit balls in. I built my own impact screen. Have tried painters tarps and had a regular bed sheet before it because the tarps wore the covers off balls. Problem was after a few weeks the tarps were getting shredded. I only have about 7-8 foot of ball flight before it hits the screen so balls usually hit screen in same area every time. I recently tried movers blankets, the kind that look like wool and it only lasted about 100 shots before it had a hole in it. Then tried moving blankets similar to the style in elevators to protect the walls and the very first shot with a driver blew a hole right thru it. Ball speeds in the upper 150's. I don't use a projector and the net I have must be really rough and it also tears up covers on balls. Should I just use a bed sheet in front of the net or is there any other options?

If you are not projecting then just use a good net.

Comment

Thanks. You have one to recommend that doesn't tear up covers on golf balls.

Comment

A net doesn't tear up anything. Just google golf net. I think Walmart sells them.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

Cory at par 2 pro has some as with golfsimguys. I went with one from west cost netting that was great!

Comment

Take a look at these.

http://www.parbuster.com/practice-nets.html.

I used one for years before I went with a simulator. The main thing is the double net in the hitting area. This effectively stops the ball with no wear on the ball. After a couple of years I did wear a small hole in the front net but you just have to replace it not the whole setup. Acually when I got the new front net I just placed it over the one with a small hole. This was even better as the combination really trapped the ball and dropped it gently on the floor. Currently I have a West Coast Netting cage with a projector screen which pretty much has the same effect on stopping the ball.

Comment

I have a net I got from golfsmith and it wears the covers out. I had to use a bed sheet in front of it to keep from going thru balls. I'm going to try the 3x3 HD target attached to my net from par buster.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's the club face wearing out the ball, not the net.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

I haven't had any problems wearing balls out since I hung a sheet in front of the net.

Comment

It does seem odd that the net would wear the ball.

Comment

I think it's a cheap net and is rough. After an hour with the same ball I could barely read titleist on it anymore.

Comment

Birdie Ball makes a good net do your research don't cheap out I have 2 new garage windows cause of cheap nets.

Comment

I've found logos will wear off quicker than anything actually wearing on the ball. Doesn't really matter on the net.

Comment

Working...
                          X