How Tight - impact screen / Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Tight - impact screen / Net

I have about 1 foot behind my screen, and noted that the net behind my impact screen was perhaps a bit loose.., which I am putting down as the reason why the balls bounce back rather than just drop ( as they tend to when I use the Golfsmith bays for example)

Any ideas as to how tight the screen and the back net should be ... Perhaps net very tight and screen just enough to hold flat ??

I don't have option of leaving a bigger gap to the wall than the current 1 foot..

I am thinking the bounce back may even be because it makes slight contact with the back wall when the net is compressed on impact. So can tighten the net further.... As long as this doesn't create even more of a rebound effect.

Hoping someone out there may have faced similar challenges and worked it out....

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that keeping the bottom of my screen unattached in the middle has really helped with ball dropping better with little to no bounce back.

Comment

As a rule of thumb, only tight enough to remove wrinkles and tighten the netting behind it. A foot should be enough. If the screen is too tight balls will bounce off of the screen.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

Yep, I will do as above, and tighten net behind the screen, and may even put a thin mattress behind the middle, then have screen just so it looks relatively flat and not tied at bottom

... Hope this works

Comment

Distance behind screen is actually less than 1 ft.... And even with net tightened a good driver in the centre will hit the wall.... Damn... It's always the details!!

Guess options are either brining the cage forward ( would have to shorten the depth of cage tho as no more room to come back at the entrance to the cage)....or.... Could put a foam mattress behind the screen.

Has anyone tried the foam mattress or padding option? Would certainly be the easiest fix...

Comment

• Godfather
            Godfather commented
            Editing a comment
            So you have a net behind the screen? I have my screen, thin black fabric, and then the net (pretty tight) all right up against each other. My drives of 150ish MPH ball speed do not hit the wall 10-12 inches behind and just drop down. I think extra fabric helps. Also my screen (Supertex 9 oz) flexes nicely to absorb the ball impact. Lastly, my screen is 10x9 and I imagine the bigger the screen, the more distance behind you'd need.
            Last edited by Godfather; 06-05-2016, 02:10 PM.

you could try to hang some cheap drop cloths behind the screen. I have 2 behind my screen and just under 12 inches from the wall.

Comment

I have 2 layers of thick moving blankets behind my screen and my screen is only 7" from my wall. Did this after I put a huge hole in the wall and have not had a problem since.

Comment

Working...
            X