Where can I get this enclosure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get this enclosure?

Hello all, new to this forum and have benefited greatly from all the information on here. I am looking to put a simulator in my basement that is unfinished at this time, just looking for a simple, cost effective option for the short term. Will eventually refinish the basement and do a formal setup but wanted something to get going now. I found this picture on houzz and have not been able to find a similar enclosure with netting and screen online. I want this one as the sides appear to be adjustable allowing for them to be opened outwards. I have 18 ft of width to work with but didn't want to get a super wide screen. This way, I can get a smaller screen (say 8ft tall and 10-12 ft wide ) and still be able to open up the sides to ensure that I don't accidentally swing into the sides. Any help directing me to it or something similar would be great.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/20435087...sement-chicago

I was thinking of using Pipe insulation for the bottom protector bar.. It is Foam and has a slit that I can Wrap the pipe in . 6 Ft is $2.49. I am going to put it on the top and the bottom bars.

Comment

• Mandragora
      Mandragora commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the update. May have to come up with a different idea.

• andygg1986
      andygg1986 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't tried it, but maybe something like these draft stoppers that go under doors? There are tons of similar ones on amazon too. They look like they are a lot softer than pipe insulation

• Mandragora
      Mandragora commented
      Editing a comment
      Once you by the five pack you might as well spend the extra few bucks for the pad. Good idea though. A small blanket rolled up might work. I will let you know if I come up with anything.

I did not see the 55" one. So two of these for $38 is not bad. This could work.
      Last edited by Mandragora; 01-23-2017, 09:42 PM.

That would work well and it's a lot cheaper then that pad for 80 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyd9366 View Post
      Zanmudan, on the bottom rail I have rubber covers that I wrapped around the emt poles. Sometimes I'll thin one and the rubber blocks it pretty good. On this thead innovative golf sells that triangle shaped pad which looks really cool. But 80 bucks for that is a lot. The rubber covers I got from my birdie ball putting green. I had extras and just wrapped them around my pole on the bottom and used zip ties to secure it. As far as the side's I never hit them so they are not protected at all. But I'm not hitting from a big off set like your going to do. I have a slight off set to the right but I hit to the left side and the right side as well as the center of the screen all the time. But not to boast, but I'm a pretty good player so most of the time the ball goes where I aim. What's kind of hardware are you getting? Gc2, protee ... etc... I run a Gc2 with tgc.. hope this answers your questions... tony
      Hi Tony, thanks for your reply!

I'm leaning towards getting a Skytrak, and once things are dialed in look at adding TGC to it.

I'm not a great golfer, and I plan on teaching my two kids using this setup, so I need to ensure my enclosure is ready for every miss... top pole, side pole, beyond the side pole, etc.

80 bucks is a lot for the pre-made pad, (especially if I put one pad on the top/bottom/both sides), so I'm hoping to just build something cheaper. I'm surprised the rubber covers do so well. I thought you'd need to use something thick and more 'conforming' like memory foam. I was contemplating building my own memory foam pads for the higher risk impact locations. One thing I can't figure out is what to cover the foam with... like what material specifically should go over it. (I'm sure it's got to be durable - exposed foam would get torn up in no time.) I mean, I could wrap it in impact screen material, but then it might be just as expensive as the pre-made solution lol.

Comment

Your welcome, yea you have your hands full with the kids. Mine is only 3 and doesn't hit the ball that hard yet. Lol. There has to be a place that sells padded inserts with slits in them to go around poles. I would ask an electriciton. I'm sure they would know where to find some sort of protection for emt piping since they use that for their trade. Good luck and keep me posted if you find something as I may need something like that in the future. Regards, Tony

Comment

Working...
        X