CCE with adjunct mat - height question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCE with adjunct mat - height question

I have a CCE mat and, as others have noted, find it greatly degrades shots which are even a little fat. Rather than replace the mat altogether, I thought I might add a second smaller hitting strip alongside it, using the CCE as a stance mat while hitting off of a secondary smaller Divot Action, Truestrike, or Fiberbuilt. I'd prefer to just add a second smaller mat that way, rather than trying to cut up the CCE mat to insert another hitting surface in it. Has anyone else taken this approach, and did the height of the secondary mat you chose correspond to the height of the CCE? Ideally, the second mat would be pretty much the same height as the CCE, but I don't know how well the Divot Action, Truestrike or Fiberbuilt match up, height-wise, to the CCE. Separately, have you found that a smaller hitting strip, separate from your stance mat, moves around too much to be useful even on carpet?

I believe you would need to lock the two together somehow. I found that when sitting on turf or carpet both my stance mat and hitting mat will move if not secured. You can shim the hitting mat to the height of the CCE.

This is what i did.
    So I have been using a combination of various diy mat types and setups and figured I would rebuild a stance platform and hitting area to accommodate all the

Comment

I have a CCE type mat sold by par2pro ( 5'-0" X 5'-0") and I am investigating putting a Fiberbuilt hitting strip between my mat and my SkyTrak. I believe that I read on another thread that the fiberbuilt is the same height as the CCE, if not, I will shim using OSB. Im hoping that Fiberbuilt will be able to supply a base type of enclosure for the hitting strip.

Comment

Have not had any luck getting a price from FiberBuilt for a hitting strip supplied complete with a base. I have made a small hitting strip as a temporary measure as the CCE type mat I'm using is rough on my elbows and wrists. I bought a mat from Amazon (PGM Golf Mat 12"x24" Residential Practice Hitting Mat) and glued on some upholstery foam from Michael's.
        My first impressions are that its a little too spongy and also a little short (36" long would work much better for me), However, its much easier on my joints. I do not expect the mat to last for a long time, I will update the post if and when it fails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171218_133119.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	137544
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171219_105653.jpg
Views:	1214
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	137545

Comment

I decided to try the DivotAction ToGo mat, which the seller says will match up well to the CCE. It has a stainless steel brace/carrying handle which slides under the stance mat, intended to keep the ToGo from moving around. I have not yet tried it, as it is being held beyond my reach as a Xmas present, but I'll provide my impressions once I am able to do so.

Comment

Hey, how’s that DivotAction ToGo working with the CCE? Thinking about getting one as well but I think I will cut out a notch in the end of CCE for it so I can still have my perfect squared off hitting mat. Is the height near identical?

Comment

It works just fine. The height is just about identical when the metal carrying handle of the ToGo is tucked under the CCE which I now use only as a stance mat. You'd have to remove the handle to insert the hitting surface into a cavity in the CCE, as it extends out from the side of the ToGo. Having the ToGo butted up next to the CCE looks good to me, and serves to actually increase the length of long side of the CCE by the width of the ToGo.

Here's a link to short review I wrote in another thread: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...o-quick-review

Comment

The mat I installed in mid December has become unusable after 2 months, however, I'm happy that I tried it out and it was easy on my elbows and wrists. I took delivery of a FiberBuilt hitting strip today. I was unaware (And happy) that the interlocking panels come factory joined together. I tried it out and it feels great, the ball sits up, so, more forgiving than a real fairway. I also tried putting and it feels fine to me. Forgot the point of the thread ! The FiberBuilt mat is 2mm higher than the CCE type mat I'm using as a stance mat and that's close enough for me.
                Last edited by petroche; 02-09-2018, 04:47 AM. Reason: Edited to give info on height of FiberBuilt.

Comment

petroche What is the red and white device in your second pic?

Comment

• petroche
                    petroche commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Swing speed radar with tempo
                Working...
                X