Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Wes B45 (NET) and @Chris Knoop (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Genesis Open with 2 rounds at Riviera Country Club White Tees : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-genesis-open
See more
See less

Divot Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divot Action

Anyone here have Divot Action turf? I see that Fiberbuilt has a big following here, and I would like some information. Accuracy, and response are always vital, but I am most interested in a turf that will be easy on the joints. Thanks in advance!

I purchased an official Divot Action about a year ago. It is very, very easy on the joints. So easy that you barely feel any feedback from hitting the surface.
    I DISLIKE the Divot Action very much because the hitting surface quickly wore out, so much that there is now a permanent divot. When I set up to the ball, the ball sits in the divot lower than the bottom of the leading edge of the club face - it's very unnerving to see that every time I set up to swing, so I don't use it anymore. It ended up being a big waste of money.

Comment

I had a divot action for about 2 weeks quickly invested in a fiberbuilt very happy with the fiberbuilt. The divot action makes hitting feel not real if that makes any sense just was weird to me.

Comment

I made a Divot action myself and it came out much better than the official ones. I agree the original is too flimsy, it gives way too easy so with the help of an veteran from here, I made a better version. Use 1/4in Lexan from amazon and then I used Synlawn Precision Putt turn pressure sensitive glued to it. Much more firm than original but yet gives enough to be good on the joints. I actually have a 12x18 version available if someone is interested. I’d sell for $75 shipped

Comment

• gnomike
          gnomike commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm glad you posted this! I received a 1/4" lexan sheet by mistake and was on the fence on whether to use it or exchange for the 3/16" that I'd originally wanted. Did you set it up with any center foam support, or just around the outer edge?

• cooke23
          cooke23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Given I use a CCE mat for my stance mat it sits pretty high as it is so no middle foam was needed. If your stance mat is thin, you could definitely put a middle foam

I also made my own DIY Divot Action with the help of a few pictures from forum members who bought the official version. My issue is that I needed to replace a 10" x 30" section I cut out for a CCE insert.

Performance wise I liked the Divot Action but I was constantly cracking the plexiglass underbody and got tired of repairing/replacing it every couple of months. I went to the Fiberbuilt and zero maintenance is lovely.

Comment

I also made a DIY version with 3/16" lexan. I had no issues with sagging when I used it. I think diy versions are better because you can get the thickness you need based on the length you are working with. For my setup 1/4" felt a little too rigid. But i eventually went to fiberbuilt and haven't looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by cooke23 View Post
            I made a Divot action myself and it came out much better than the official ones. I agree the original is too flimsy, it gives way too easy so with the help of an veteran from here, I made a better version. Use 1/4in Lexan from amazon and then I used Synlawn Precision Putt turn pressure sensitive glued to it. Much more firm than original but yet gives enough to be good on the joints. I actually have a 12x18 version available if someone is interested. I’d sell for $75 shipped

Do do you have the Divot Action, or one you built yourself for sale?

Comment

Yeah, i have a new one I built using the 1/4in lexan for sale. I prefer the 24in version so I’m selling the 18in one.

Comment

I am loving my Fiberbuilt, it is much nicer on the elbow then hitting off covered cement. If you take too large of divots you will know it.

Comment

I love my 1' x 3' fiberbuilt strip! I'm in the process of installing putting turf in my sim room, though, so thought I'd take the opportunity to put in a 1/4" DIY divotAction and try it out until the turf on top gets destroyed, then cut the FB strip back in. For a while at least I'll have a perfectly flat, clean look sim room. Hope I don't like it too much lol

Comment

I have a divot action insert and am a big fan as it really is so easy on your joints and I've been thrashing my mat for a year now! It's called the to-go I think, which actually is supposed to sit to the side of your mat and is very handy (if not a little weird looking) to bring to the range also if you wanted.

I also had great experience with John at Divot Action. He was extremely helpful, responsive and knowledgeable and has a neat little product. For me personally, and not judging anyone here, I like to support companies like his in the industry instead of trying to copy his design to get it a little cheaper. But each to their own!

Comment

• cooke23
                      cooke23 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, I bought one from John as well. It worked well for a few months but then it started to sag quite a bit and the turf on the top got worn out and I have a heavy groove down the middle. I think for a 24in one.....they may want to look into using slightly thicker lexan or maybe more ridgid clips in the middle.

I purchased the 12x18 divot action about a year ago and it was much better than hitting off my firm stance mat. I too wore a groove and it is now not great to hit from as the ball sits on a depression. I tried to make mi own but turf/green carpet from Lowe’s was too thin and glue not good and I cracked the lexan. I got a 12x12 fiberbuolt and it seems fine but sits about .25 or so inches above my hitting Mat that it is cut into. Also, I get diners that come loose and stick to the ball with static electricity which I never got with regular mat or divot action.
                    Now I am entertaining thoughts of getting a hitting strip of syn lawn tee strike or tee line turf that is 12”x18” to put in my cutout. Not CCE as that is too punishing.
                    Anyome have access to a small piece of either of those products? I tried calling the store 2 hrs away in St. Louis but they tell me they have no remnants. And I wanted to try it as a hitting surface before I purchase a large section to cover my sim floor.

Comment

i got another 12x18 hitting pad of the fairway turf. they use these metal springlike pieces in the middle now instead of foam. the turf is different as well and is a little taller, so it doesn't fit exactly in my cutout now. i'm a little upset about that. but the new turf at least matches the color of the rest of my turf

Comment

I bought a small divot action, but some of my friends would hit too far behind the ball and it didn’t last very long (it cracked the edge and peeled up the turf).

I’ve since purchased the bigger divot action ( I believe it is 18”) and it’s been great. I still have tennis elbow from playing 3 rounds a night hitting off of the CCE mat when I first got my simulator, but the divot action is much more forgiving and has realistic spin. I’ll defini buy another divot action when / if needed.

Comment

How does everyone handle putting on the fiberbuilt? I'm assuming the ball doesn't roll well off of it

Comment

Working...
                          X