Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @shank12u (NET) and @Randy (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - QBE Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational with 2 rounds at The Walker Course Pro Tee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-invitational
See more
See less

Divot Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divot Action

Anyone here have Divot Action turf? I see that Fiberbuilt has a big following here, and I would like some information. Accuracy, and response are always vital, but I am most interested in a turf that will be easy on the joints. Thanks in advance!

I purchased an official Divot Action about a year ago. It is very, very easy on the joints. So easy that you barely feel any feedback from hitting the surface.
    I DISLIKE the Divot Action very much because the hitting surface quickly wore out, so much that there is now a permanent divot. When I set up to the ball, the ball sits in the divot lower than the bottom of the leading edge of the club face - it's very unnerving to see that every time I set up to swing, so I don't use it anymore. It ended up being a big waste of money.

Comment

I had a divot action for about 2 weeks quickly invested in a fiberbuilt very happy with the fiberbuilt. The divot action makes hitting feel not real if that makes any sense just was weird to me.

Comment

I made a Divot action myself and it came out much better than the official ones. I agree the original is too flimsy, it gives way too easy so with the help of an veteran from here, I made a better version. Use 1/4in Lexan from amazon and then I used Synlawn Precision Putt turn pressure sensitive glued to it. Much more firm than original but yet gives enough to be good on the joints. I actually have a 12x18 version available if someone is interested. I’d sell for $75 shipped

Comment

• gnomike
          gnomike commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm glad you posted this! I received a 1/4" lexan sheet by mistake and was on the fence on whether to use it or exchange for the 3/16" that I'd originally wanted. Did you set it up with any center foam support, or just around the outer edge?

• cooke23
          cooke23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Given I use a CCE mat for my stance mat it sits pretty high as it is so no middle foam was needed. If your stance mat is thin, you could definitely put a middle foam

I also made my own DIY Divot Action with the help of a few pictures from forum members who bought the official version. My issue is that I needed to replace a 10" x 30" section I cut out for a CCE insert.

Performance wise I liked the Divot Action but I was constantly cracking the plexiglass underbody and got tired of repairing/replacing it every couple of months. I went to the Fiberbuilt and zero maintenance is lovely.

Comment

I also made a DIY version with 3/16" lexan. I had no issues with sagging when I used it. I think diy versions are better because you can get the thickness you need based on the length you are working with. For my setup 1/4" felt a little too rigid. But i eventually went to fiberbuilt and haven't looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by cooke23 View Post
            I made a Divot action myself and it came out much better than the official ones. I agree the original is too flimsy, it gives way too easy so with the help of an veteran from here, I made a better version. Use 1/4in Lexan from amazon and then I used Synlawn Precision Putt turn pressure sensitive glued to it. Much more firm than original but yet gives enough to be good on the joints. I actually have a 12x18 version available if someone is interested. I’d sell for $75 shipped

Do do you have the Divot Action, or one you built yourself for sale?

Comment

Yeah, i have a new one I built using the 1/4in lexan for sale. I prefer the 24in version so I’m selling the 18in one.

Comment

I am loving my Fiberbuilt, it is much nicer on the elbow then hitting off covered cement. If you take too large of divots you will know it.

Comment

I love my 1' x 3' fiberbuilt strip! I'm in the process of installing putting turf in my sim room, though, so thought I'd take the opportunity to put in a 1/4" DIY divotAction and try it out until the turf on top gets destroyed, then cut the FB strip back in. For a while at least I'll have a perfectly flat, clean look sim room. Hope I don't like it too much lol

Comment

I have a divot action insert and am a big fan as it really is so easy on your joints and I've been thrashing my mat for a year now! It's called the to-go I think, which actually is supposed to sit to the side of your mat and is very handy (if not a little weird looking) to bring to the range also if you wanted.

I also had great experience with John at Divot Action. He was extremely helpful, responsive and knowledgeable and has a neat little product. For me personally, and not judging anyone here, I like to support companies like his in the industry instead of trying to copy his design to get it a little cheaper. But each to their own!

Comment

• cooke23
                      cooke23 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, I bought one from John as well. It worked well for a few months but then it started to sag quite a bit and the turf on the top got worn out and I have a heavy groove down the middle. I think for a 24in one.....they may want to look into using slightly thicker lexan or maybe more ridgid clips in the middle.
                  Working...
                  X