Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Thundergolf (NET and GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - CareerBuilder Challenge with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Thursday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...lder-challenge
See more
See less

Divot Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont have any issues with putting I find it very real and accurate with my GC2. However I'm currently using a different software package until TGC 2019 is ready so not sure how it is with TGC.

Comment

Good to hear, I'm on the fence about fiberbuilt with the only thing concerning me being the putting

Comment

I used to putt off a DIY Divot Action and switched over to the Fiberbuilt Practice Station (uses oval flight deck as the hitting surface).

The putting is "consistent" off the Fiberbuilt but for some reason the putts sped up. The same putting stroke on my DIY Divot Action now registered farther on my Fiberbuilt. I am referring to putts made when using TGC software with my SkyTrak. I managed this by tweaking the settings via TGC green patch configurations. My guess is those fibers equate to less surface area therefore less friction and more air/bounce??

Comment

Has anyone tried to deep rough DivotAction? I am looking for a hitting strip to simulate high rough for chipping/pitching practice. I don't plan on using it with TGC, just the SkyTrak range app for practice. Im open to other ideas but would like something that I could cut into my stance mat next to my current hitting strip (CCE).

Comment

I just got a couple of fiberbuilt panels and I’ve not had any problems with putting. Certainly not as smooth as hitting off my old CCE but ball doesn’t hop, etc. I think it’s fine for sim play as I don’t make anything anyway! I suppose if you are using it for serious putting practice there are better options. I just had some of my regular buddies over and no negative comments. The only thing is the putter doesn’t set down well behind the ball because of the fibers but I’ve adjusted to that. I do find the fiberbuilt much better to hit off of....no pain when I hit which is worth it to me for whatever sacrifice there might be in putting.

Comment

Back before I bought my Fiberbuilt squares I was worried about putting as well. All for nothing. The launch monitor only reads a very short distance, so I've found I get consistent & accurate reads. Just to be clear, though, the FB would be horrible for actual putting practice... the ball would jump around just as one would expect a ball on brush bristles to do. People who have actual cups to putt to might be more affected by the short roll on the FB, but for strictly SIM play I think it's a non-issue.

Comment

Working...
              X