Need help. I’m so confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help. I’m so confused.

I need some advice and help from the experts on here. I am brand new to launch monitors and simulator golf. Right now I just have a hitting net and mat in my garage. My mat is a Gorilla Perfection Reaction hitting mat. It seems fine as far as fairy realistic ball striking for good and bad shots but it’s destroying my body. I have severe tendinitis in my shoulders, elbows, and wrists.

I just ordered a GC2 with HMT and I want to set up a full blown golf simulator/practice area in my garage, but my set up needs to be portable because we still need to park a car and golf cart in there and when I want to play golf I will move them out and set up my golf stuff and when I’m done, i will need to break down my good stuff and move the car and cart back in. I am going with Par2Pro’s new remote control retractable 16 X 9 sports screen with impact scren, but I need a new hitting mat. I could use my current 3 X 5 mat as a stance mat and just buy a hitting surface or I can buy a new mat that would serve as both a hitting mat and stance mat in one.

I have spent countless hours researching mats and reading lots of information here, but I don’t think I have yet found the perfect solution yet.

So here are key things that I’m looking for:

1. Must be easy on my joints.

2. Realistic ball flight metrics for launch monitor for simulator golf and for training. With that said, I am willing to live with some degree of unrealistic forgiveness on fat shots if that’s what it takes for the mat to be super easy on my joints. #1 on this list is vital because if my tendinitis doesn’t get better then I can’t play golf at all.

3. Relative portable mat that I can set up and break down in a few minutes and store out of the way in my garage. I was all set on buying a Fiberbuilt 4 X 7 Performance Studio Golf Mat or the Fiberbuilt 4 x 5 Performance Golf Mat because they met my needs for #1 and #2 above, but then I read how heavy they are, not easy to set up and break down, and not really portable, so now I’m back to square one. I keep reading on here that people just used small sections Fiberbuilt hitting turf and dropped them into a stance mat, but I don’t see on their website that they sell individual pieces of Fiberbuilt. I just see combined stance and hitting matts: 4 X 5 Performance Golf mat and 4 X 7 Performance Studio Golf mat

4. I don’t want to have to move my GC2 & HMT between shots with woods, irons, wedges, and putter, although I could buy the Position Track launch monitor track by Custom Design Golf to move my GC2 & HMT parallel to my target line, but that’s an extra expense that I would like to avoid if possible, but not a deal breaker.

4. I want to be able to putt fairly accurately. I am willing to putt on the hitting surface or the stance surface, but I don’t want to have move my GC2 & HMT perpendicular to my target line to hit off my stance surface.

5. I’m not big on doing DIY projects. I’m super busy and I would rather spend the money to buy a good ready-made product made by the experts, however I am handy enough to do some basic DIY stuff if that’s definitely my best option to meet all of my needs.

6. Only righthanded golfers will be playing.

In addition to Fiberbuilt I also strongly considered Divot Action. I thought I found the perfect solution with their 48" PositionTrack™ DivotAction™ & SandAction™ System 5' x 6' Single Stance Mat with fairway, first cut, deep rough, and Sand hitting surfaces all in a single mat, then but then I read a bunch of posts on here about the divot action mats plexiglass breaking and the turf wearing out quickly.

CCE is definitely out because they’re way too hard on the joints. TrueStrike sounds great did joints, but way to forgiving on fat shots.

So I’m back to square one. What do you guys recommend?

I bought a 12"x12" insert from Fiberbuilt and really liked. I tried the DIY TrueStrike mat but longevity wasn't great and it wasn't great for my elbows.
    The only thing I didn't like about the Fiberbuilt insert is the putting. I was never able to get used to it during Tour play, just seems to roll too weird to be comfortable with. Otherwise the forgiving nature of the turf is really ideal.
    With a larger, dedicated sim space on the way, I'll have to revisit a larger Fiberbuilt system or the actual TrueStrike system for both left & right handed use.

Comment

frodaddy00 FYI, I came up with a nice solution where I have a plastic tee wrapped with a little bit of duct tape, and inserted into a rubber tee that I cut down to an inch or so...that way the ball sits on a tee and is adjustable too. I actually have taken my DIY rubber tee to the golf course and use it there too. I have it adjust for my “perfect” tee height and I probably hit a thousand tee shots before the tee eventually breaks and I need to DIY another one. The tee just pokes down thru the rubber and adds a little stability sitting on my Fiberbuilt turf.

Comment

Working...
      X