TrueStrike or Fiberbuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueStrike or Fiberbuilt

Currently using CCE but I am looking into getting either a Truestrike or a fiberbuilt. Looking for pros and cons of both from people who actually used both. I like my CCE but can be a little rough on the elbow with my swing path.

Any advice that you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Trickle007 looks fantastic. I’m super happy with the 4x5. Your 4x7 has a few additional benefits, such as the extra space for the Skytrak (I’m max height with the the FMJ). As well as a 1x4 hitting section instead of a 1x3 hitting section. There is a price premium alone for those two benefits! This allows you to note a better putting experience. For 2019 the studio bases were changed, the 4x5 has the older base but you know what, it’s still very, very high quality. Best mat I’ve ever played and the numbers like you noted are great. Another benefit that people don’t always highlight is the standing section, it’s firm but soft, literally like standing on a dry fairway on 75* day!! As advertised. Couldn’t go back to CCE type mats. Your review is text book! Happy hitting.

Comment

Is truestrike still making mats? Always out of stock

Comment

• Trickle007
        Trickle007 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the main reason I went with fiberbuilt. I called 2 companies both told me they were out of stock until mid March and if I wanted one I would have to wait until all back orders where filled before mine was shipped. I was not laying out $750 to get on a back order list and then have to wait 2 months to get the product.

getting the 1x4 any day now. Will leave my thoughts on it here compared to the ATM I have had for years.

Comment

FWIW, working with Fiberbuilt sales directly is a breeze and shipping is always free - and a lot faster than I expected.

Comment

Has anyone sunk the Fiberbuilt into an All Turf Mat?
          I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do with the strip. Thinking of building a whole new stance platform with plywood and cutting into it and a foam middle section and placing the 1x4 right in.

Comment

At lot of people have done that. The insert is about 1.75 inches w/ metal rails.

Comment

Just a quick update. It has been several weeks now with my new fiberbuilt and I love it, no regrets here. Tonight just for the hell of it i hit a few balls off my CCE and man I don't miss it. I think I am a fiberbuilt lifer now. Anyone pondering purchasing a fiberbuilt just do it you will not be disappointed imo.

Comment

• orangeman
                orangeman commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll second this opinion. Got my Fiberbuilt about ten days ago and love it. I didn't realize how punishing the CCE was until I stopped hitting off it. I'm also pleasantly surprised with putting. I was worried that it wouldn't put well on TGC but for me, there's virtually no difference between FB and CCE.

• FCMTX75
                FCMTX75 commented
                Editing a comment
                I just purchased a 1x4 FB section to add to my CCE. I'm going to use the CCE as my stance mat and hit off of the FB. Can't wait! How long does shipping usually take?

Originally posted by Trickle007 View Post
              Just a quick update. It has been several weeks now with my new fiberbuilt and I love it, no regrets here. Tonight just for the hell of it i hit a few balls off my CCE and man I don't miss it. I think I am a fiberbuilt lifer now. Anyone pondering purchasing a fiberbuilt just do it you will not be disappointed imo.
              I find my irons and utility clubs to be spot on and sometimes long, but never ever short like the CCE unless it’s just a real bad strike. The Fiberbuilt makes a HUGE difference. Trickle007 nailed it.

Comment

I can attest to the above statements also. I've had my 1x4 panel for about a week now and played probably 5-6 rounds on it so far without a hint of pain and haven't had any issues putting off it . I've been moving the ball all the way to the front of the hitting box on the gc2 so the ball doesnt have to go through too much of the fibers before being read and the worse I've seen is a couple degrees offline which was probably just me pulling one off line.

it still punishes bad strikes but without the club being stuck in the turf like other mats. I've lost as much as 15 yards hitting it fat at times and I can feel the bad hit the second it happens but it still feels natural swinging through the ball.

worth every penny so far IMO. Big upgrade from the All Turf Mat I used for a couple years. Wish I switched sooner!

Comment

Golly, i don't want to beat a dead horse here as we have almost 3 pages of the pro's and con's of the Truestrike and Fiberbuilt and CCE, but i will. The website of the CCE sure looks good and says that it doesn't hurt the joints, and the pro in the video says this mat he used to build his golf shop on, but many people on here say the opposite. I am starting from scratch on my build, so i don't want to regret that i bought a CCE and should have bought a fiber or truestrike (are there any others i should consider also?) I want accurate putting also though, but i do hit fat shots occasionally and want feed back that i hit a bad shot, but i don't want to go to the Laser Spine Institute for back surgery because i hit off of CCE for a year. Par2Pro loves the CCE for some reason and says i will be happy with it, sure would be nice to sample each of them side by side and hit off of them and decide for myself after hitting off of each of them, but i guess that isn't realistic or possible. Alot of people don't like their CCE, would any of them be willing to get rid of theirs? Talking in circles and the horse is even more dead i guess.
                  Last edited by schrambow; 03-27-2019, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                    Jwheels9876 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just got a fiberbuilt about a month ago. Fat shots are penalized so don't worry about that at all. I'd listen to the many complaints here from actual users about the plain associated with CCE mats, they are very telling.

I'd go Truestrike or Fiberbuilt. Buy the right one the first time around and don't regret it afterwards.

As far as putting on fiberbuilt, I have a GC2 and just put the ball at the very front of the box where the ball is bring read that way it doesn't have to go through a bunch of the fibers before it's read hy the GC2. I haven't had one issue so far.

Feedback on fat shots with a fiberbuilt is as close to real life I have ever experienced with a mat. Fat shots on CCE hurt your elbow over time. Putting on fiberbuilt I did not notice a difference between cce and fiberbuilt. IMO dont take a pros word for reviews they are payed handsomely to do so. Get your reviews from actual users. I hit off CCE for about a year and after buying a fiberbuilt I wish I just purchased the fiberbuilt from the get go.

My 2 cents buy the fiberbuilt you won't regret it.

Comment

CCE =tendinitis for me and it was starting to impact my back. Fiberbuilt is a no brainer. If they are advertising the CCE as easy on the joints go for it but you better hope they changed it from the one I had. I will never hit off mine again. A solidly struck iron will enter the turf after the strike and that turf is extremely resistant.

Comment

Originally posted by schrambow View Post
                      Golly, i don't want to beat a dead horse here as we have almost 3 pages of the pro's and con's of the Truestrike and Fiberbuilt and CCE, but i will. The website of the CCE sure looks good and says that it doesn't hurt the joints, and the pro in the video says this mat he used to build his golf shop on, but many people on here say the opposite. I am starting from scratch on my build, so i don't want to regret that i bought a CCE and should have bought a fiber or truestrike (are there any others i should consider also?) I want accurate putting also though, but i do hit fat shots occasionally and want feed back that i hit a bad shot, but i don't want to go to the Laser Spine Institute for back surgery because i hit off of CCE for a year. Par2Pro loves the CCE for some reason and says i will be happy with it, sure would be nice to sample each of them side by side and hit off of them and decide for myself after hitting off of each of them, but i guess that isn't realistic or possible. Alot of people don't like their CCE, would any of them be willing to get rid of theirs? Talking in circles and the horse is even more dead i guess.
                      Hate to say it but I would return the CCE. I liked hitting off my CCE but it gave me trigger finger and tender elbows.

Look for Fiberbuilt, Divot Action, or Truestrike.

Comment

• htdumps
                        htdumps commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How did you get rid of the trigger finger? Im still fighting it.

Originally posted by chriscwhite View Post
                      I initially got suckered in to buying a CCE mat, but now I use that for a stance mat only with a 3' x 1' Fiberbuilt hitting strip. I put some rug gripper down underneath the side edge of my CCE and my Fiberbuilt sits completely on the rug gripper so it doesn't move in my garage when I'm hitting. It works great!! I used to have to adjust things quite a bit after hitting a few shots, but now everything seems to stay put fairly well. I will probably eventually put rug gripper under my entire CCE mat so it doesn't shift even a little bit after firing my lower body. I put all of this away after hitting so it's very portable. I want to park 2 of our cars in the garage so the 3rd stall is where my big cage is. I hit outside the cage in the middle spot so I back both of the cars out each time. It's a little extra work, but I absolutely love my simulator.
                      chriscwhite can you please let me know what rug gripper product you are using? I'm doing a similar setup now...

Comment

thanks for all the info on this. I bought my sim and a 5x5 CCE mat 2 months ago. At first I thought the CCE was fine but pretty quickly it started to hurt. Now, it hurts my back every time I play and I am in the process of replacing it. Probably going to go with the Fiberbuilt 4X5. Called Fiberbuilt today. they were very helpful. They are out of stock until mid April on the 4x5 though.

Comment

• Monovision
                        Monovision commented
                        Editing a comment
                        FB 4x5 Back in stock. Just ordered one via phone (even though website hasn't been updated to show stock yet). I'm referring to the 499 self-assembled one with a 3 foot hitting strip.
                    Working...
                    X