Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Marc Andre (NET AND GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Hero World Challenge !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Presidents Cup with 2 rounds at Royal Melbourne West (ProTee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...presidents-cup
See more
See less

Fiberbuilt vs. TrueStrike mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberbuilt vs. TrueStrike mat

Hi all,

trying to decide which one to go with for my GC2. I have seen a lot of discussion comparing CCE vs. Fiberbuilt. How about Fiberbuilt vs. TrueStrike? what are pros and cons based on users' experiences?
    thanks in advance.

I'm still not convinced putting on a fiberbuilt mat will be enjoyable or I would have bought one already. Not owning either of them, take it for what it's worth

Comment

I have all three - shoulder injury from lots of bad things I do and also I was using the CCE mat (I like the mat but can't use it anymore), then I went to the TrueStrike it's ok not sure the gel is all that great, putts good and costs a lot and don't think it's worth it. Went to the fiberbuilt it has taken some time getting use to it but I like it much more than the TrueStrike, I hate putting on it and I hate so much I made platform to move my hitting position from driver (off the mat), irons (in the middle of the mat) and putting (of the mat on the other side)

Comment

I have the Fiber-Built mat and I like it, it does a lot better job than the ones I had before, no hurting hands or shoulders. I haven't had any problems putting off it I have a center line mark below my screen that lines up with the center of the mat I can hit it most of the time on long putts or just off to one side or the other, just the same as I do on a real green as far as I can tell. May be a bit more drag as I have others say but not enough for me to tell.

Comment

It's nice to practice a straight putt with a gc2. Hard to do that on a fiberbuilt

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            I putt off of fiberbuilt each and every week. I make plenty of putts and no tendinitis. (Cce)
            Fiberbuilt is priceless!

Ports here are two videos, one showing the putt and the other showing the read off the QED Uneekor, I never had any problems with the putt reads when using my GC2 with the Fiber-Built mat, or at lest not that I knew of, and to me that is a straight putt at lest the best I can do, or am I missing something? And yes I had TGC on rewind, also had the wife on the camera, the reason for having TGC on rewind.

Comment

• Ports
            Ports commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks straight to me. I'm basing my knowledge from a protee mat

My stand mat is a CCE and the hitting surface is fiberbuilt. I have a slider that the GC2 sits on. I can move the GC2 towards me. This allows me to putt off the CCE.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            Too much work. I just hit that beeotch off the fiberbuilt and do a happy dance after watching that putt drop against you!

• triplebogeysrbetter
            Editing a comment
            We all know you have putting turned off. That’s why you always win lately. Your secret is safe.

• Wizard of Coz
            Wizard of Coz commented
            Editing a comment
            Set your putting to 6ft gimmies and join the best and oldest running society. Wizard of Coz Noonan society where dreams come true. Challenge the wizards ghost if you dare or play the Wiz live on discord. Wizard is here and there and everywhere always looking for a challenge.

I know when I putted on protee, the ball seemed to wander a bit. I think the surfaces are similar, no?

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
            BGCurtis2nd commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a Pro Tee but I never got to use it, they are similar I do recall that, but not sure just how close they match. I know the Pro Tee had the cutouts for the sensors so that could have a big effect on the ball.
        Working...
        X