SwingTurf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SwingTurf

Anyone see the new mat from RainorShine golf called SwingTurf? Anyone got one yet? I'm kind of leaning towards ordering it to give it a try. They said it's kind of a split between CCE and Fiberbuilt. Not as fluffy as Fiberbuilt, but not as hard on you as CCE. Sounds like it might be comparable to the Tartan Turf Champion mat build.

Sound promising. I wonder if they will expand the size options if they start moving a few units

Comment

Hey there - I am one of the owners here at Rain or Shine. We appreciate the interest and were curious of any recommendations you have for expanding the size options.

Comment

• Wormburner
        Wormburner commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you tell me the height of the mat? I did not see that on your website.

• Shawn Foley
        Shawn Foley commented
        Editing a comment
        The turf is about 1 3/4" in overall height. The foam backing is a 5/8" height.

• JayBrd85
        JayBrd85 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been using the CCE for the last 3 years and love the 5'x5' size - it allows me to rotate it every so often since the area where the tees get used most can start to smush down. I've always felt the CCE was too grabby, so If the SwingTurf is offered in 5'x5', I'm sold on it.

I would recommend hitting strips of 1x2 and or 1x4

Comment

Along with the two sizes mentioned above I would recommend 12" x 35". A lot of people use the fiberbuilt mats and this is the size of the hitting strip that they sell separately. If it's the same size it makes it very easy to swap it out without having to modify the surrounding turf.

Comment

• jerry3
          jerry3 commented
          Editing a comment
          good point, should probably be sold in the same size as fiber built strips.

Any reviews on this one?

Comment

I am very curious of reviews as well, looking to move from Fiberbuilt or add a different insert.

Comment

Originally posted by weimoxer View Post
            I am very curious of reviews as well, looking to move from Fiberbuilt or add a different insert.
            Why do you want to move from fiberbuilt?

Comment

• weimoxer
              weimoxer commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry for the delay. FIberbuilt is heavy and need to move it in the winter so both cars can park easily in the garage. The summer is fine, no need to move it. I went with a quatro for stance and hitting with the soft strike strip along side of it. Works great and super easy to move. Not to mention the soft strike insert fits in place of the fiberbuilt insert.

Sounds like it's the perfect height to replace Fiberbuilt. I have a fiberbuilt 1'x3' and would love a hitting strip that size.

Comment

Has anyone given this a try? Thinking of buying one to possibly split as I have a FB setup, and would swap with the FB 1x3. The FB is kind of hard to get used to for my swing

Comment

I’m another one strongly considering Swingturf. I’ve used CCE and like it but only for a couple hours once or twice a month when playing at local clubs. I have a shallow angle of attack so I don’t think I would need or want the Fiberbuilt but I’m concerned that I may encounter joint pain with the CCE now that I’ve bought a GC Quad and plan to hit much more often.

Does anyone know how it is putting across the Swingturf? I’ve read that Fiberbuilt isn’t good at all (I was looking at the total mat vs. a strip). I know CCE works well.

Comment

I have no issues with putting off of the fiberbuilt mat (I have a Combo mat). Remember the Quad will only really measure the first couple of inches of movement so it is really all about the stroke and the contact than how the ball runs out. When practicing putting into the cups on the combo may I just move forward to get better roll.

Comment

Well, I gambled and have a 4’x9’ SwingTurf arriving tomorrow. I looked everywhere for info but there isn’t much out there. I read every review on the Rain or Shine website and this review recommended it as well https://medium.com/@amsaraj_71385/wh...r-9d2ae3cfb809 .

I’ll give you my thoughts once I get a chance to hit a few. I actually have used Synthetic Turf International at our club’s simulator and my club fitters. It is rather firm and I’m hearing it is what Trackman uses for their commercial installations. I did like it but hope the Swingturf works and adds a little more cushion.

Comment

• gohandbz8
                      gohandbz8 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looking forward to your thoughts on this mat. I'm on the fence of picking it up as well but don't really see any real world reviews on it.

I agree with gohand, I just bought a CCE and have used it for about 3 days and I have to agree, it seems like I'm having to work harder than I should to hit clean shots. I've been looking at what I can find on the swing turf, but other than the vendors website I really cannot find anything. I prefer a full mat with out any strips or cut outs like the CCE provides. Looking forward to hearing more feedback on swing turf.

Comment

Received my Swingturf today and hit quite a few shots. I’m super happy with it! I hit many different types of shots. Definitely more cushion than Synthetic Turf International. I have a fairly shallow swing but attempted some steep wedges as if I was trying to hit out of deep rough. The hits weren’t punishing at all and I felt that I was able to hit down into the mat avoiding a bounce back. I also hit a few fat shots and it had great feedback. I don’t have my LM yet so I can’t confirm that the distance lost seemed realistic but I could definitely tell when I didn’t flush it.

I really like the feel under my feet. Nice stable stance and the mat is heavy and doesn’t move around (I have the 4’x9’). It also putts really nicely.

I have zero complaints!

Comment

• Adrenaline
                        Adrenaline commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Is that the EzTee turf from STI? I have have heard good things about that stuff too. Curious how you will feel after a few weeks with both.

• Jkaser
                        Jkaser commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not sure what specific STI model it was. It was at my club and they said that STI did it and does all commercial installations for Trackman.
                    Working...
                    X