Money Putt Turf @ Menards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Putt Turf @ Menards

Just got done talking with Menards and they carry GrassTex products. Though they don't have a regular SKU for the Money Putt turf I was able to order it using the product code PL 308. It was around 4.99 a sq foot. Seems like a good deal as it looks like they will ship it to my local store for free. Wanted people to know as I have been trying to source turf closer to home to avoid paying shipping costs.

Indyfish what do you mean when you say talked to Menards? Like in person or a customer service line?

Comment

• Indyfish
      Indyfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I first called my local store and they failed to help. Then, I filled out a customer service form. It took a few days for them to respond but from start to finish took about 2 weeks to get my order delivered. The key is that the it doesn't have a mendards SKU, but a part number "PL 308". The person I talked with mentioned that the person at the store should have been able to help.

Also interested in the above question and if anyone else has purchased this through Menards what their experience was like.

Comment

Originally posted by Indyfish View Post
      Just got done talking with Menards and they carry GrassTex products. Though they don't have a regular SKU for the Money Putt turf I was able to order it using the product code PL 308. It was around 4.99 a sq foot. Seems like a good deal as it looks like they will ship it to my local store for free. Wanted people to know as I have been trying to source turf closer to home to avoid paying shipping costs.
      How different is the money putt turf from the perfect putt turf?

Comment

• Indyfish
        Indyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        For me the main difference was the Pile height. I built my stance platform with 1" gym mats and purchased the holey grail hitting strip, uses money putt turf, from gungho golf. Cut a area from the gym mat for the hitting strip and now stance area is the same height.

Originally posted by Indyfish View Post
      did you end up getting this from Menards? I"m in the same situation.

Comment

• Indyfish
        Indyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep was able to special order it

End Result Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7354.jpg
Views:	3343
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	351939

Comment

• Brettster
        Brettster commented
        Editing a comment
        runpuddrun - I may have to consider that as well for a stance mat, what is the minimum quantity you can buy? Since I'm planning on wearing my golf shoes with cleats for all of my Sim play, I think I'm going to have to do something under the stance area, or it will wear like crazy.

• runpuddrun
        runpuddrun commented
        Editing a comment
        It comes in 12” so I guess 1”x12. I’ll get some pics when it comes in next week.

• Indyfish
        Indyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        Money Putt comes in a width of 15 feel. I ordered a piece 6' x 15'

Subfloor I used a combination of gym mats and 1" foamular insulation. Gym mats where there would be more traffic and foamular on the less traffic areas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mats.jpg
Views:	3341
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	352026

Here is a better pic of the hitting mat insert into the stance mat

Name:	stance.jpg
Views:	3264
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	352027

This last pic is when it is 85% done. Enough to play, but still need the finishing touches.

Name:	mostly complete.jpg
Views:	3274
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	352028

Comment

• Ttime65
        Ttime65 commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, nobody from Menards in Gurnee IL can special order this. Which Menards did you go through? Maybe I can order from them

• Indyfish
        Indyfish commented
        Editing a comment
        I ordered by filling out a customer service form on the menards website. After a little back and forth though email we got it ordered and shipped to my local store in Indianapolis.

• Deedub
        Deedub commented
        Editing a comment
        You can call GrassTex directly and find a vendor in your area. That's what I did, just waiting for them to reply.

Looks great. How’s the bounce back on the outdoor carpet close to the screen? What did you get for that? Thanks!

Comment

I paid $5.25 sq ft for SynLawn Precision Putt. I love it so far. I might consider some top dressing for more stimp, but it is very true and durable.

Comment

I just called my local Menards and spoke to the flooring manager. He special ordered the Money Putt directly from GrassTek and gave me 1 week delivery time (free ship to store). Paid $4.89 SqFt. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Comment

• Indyfish
          Indyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you were able to get this. Saves big on shipping expenses since it ships to local Menards for free.

• Brettster
          Brettster commented
          Editing a comment
          Great deal, thanks... I was lucky to get free-shipping from a local carpet store on GrassTek Club Champion. They also did something that I'm liking that at first put me off... They first sold me a 9' wide piece and I told them to go to 10'. When they did that they heat glued, or whatever they do to apply that extra 1' piece on the width end.

That extra 1' is slightly higher and acts/looks exactly like fringe! I could not have done that if I planned it, amazing...

• Indyfish
          Indyfish commented
          Editing a comment
          Brettster can you send a Pic

Indyfish - I've not finished putting it down, but you can see that 1 foot 'fringe' section along the left of my Sim build here just next to the studs standing up there. Zoom into this pic. Next time I'm out there, I'll take a better pic, especially now that the walls are up.

Name:	IMG_6091-sm.JPG
Views:	3127
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	357224
        Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone who bought the Money Putt turf have a remnant they'd be interested in selling? Looking to make a DIY divot action hitting strip. Need 12" x 30".
          Last edited by Birdieman64; 02-19-2022, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I picked up the menards marine carpet. Putts great.

Comment

• Brettster
              Brettster commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, what??? Wizard of Coz is a great putter, better follow up on that one

Is it green, do you have a photo Wiz?

• Wizard of Coz
              Wizard of Coz commented
              Editing a comment
              I had green and I was bored and wanted to redo my set up and went back and all they had was black and gray. The guy told me green might come back this spring.
              Last edited by Wizard of Coz; 02-22-2022, 12:58 PM.

Here is the pic first green vs black. The green was 12ft wide the black was 6ft so the black I had to buy the underside tape to seam it.

Comment

Wow nice job Wizard of Coz - but TBH, I don't think I could handle all that black in my Sim. I want to be as much like playing outdoors as possible, so very green... I'm even thinking of painting the ceiling sky blue, with murals on sides... Another thing I'm considering is Adjustable LEDs that will dim to twilight, dawn, dusk, and all light scenes in-between, maybe even get into the habit of playing certain courses at night...

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                They might bring green back in the spring. The left picture showed the green.

• Brettster
                Brettster commented
                Editing a comment
                So you went through the green, on the left, and had to purchase black to replace it? How long did it hold up?

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                No the green didn't wear out. I just didn't like the way I cut it out for my fiberbuilt insert. I did a much better job finishing the black around my fiberbuilt. That stuff is very durable and putts awesome.
            Working...
            X