projector for 12x12x10 room

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • eatyolegs
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2017
    • 14

    #1

    projector for 12x12x10 room

    Im so confused with what projector I should buy for my 12'x12'x10' room where im building a skytrak golf simulator.I'd like to have a screen that takes up the entire 12'x10' wall, is that possible? I suppose 10x10 would be okay. What projector should I buy to make that happen? Ideally, trying to stay around $500 or less.

    THanks in advance!
  • bpk
    Member
    • Jun 2017
    • 66

    #2
    Your best option is going to be the benq mw632 st.



    double check it in projector central.

    Comment

    • PercyDalton
      Member
      • Aug 2017
      • 42

      #3
      Is 12' long enough for the room? You need about a foot behind the screen and then enough room to swing back and through..

      Comment

      • eatyolegs
        Junior Member
        • Sep 2017
        • 14

        #4
        Originally posted by PercyDalton View Post
        Is 12' long enough for the room? You need about a foot behind the screen and then enough room to swing back and through..
        It is indeed.

        Comment

        • eatyolegs
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2017
          • 14

          #5
          Thank you, I'll look into this one. ANy other suggestions, from anyone?

          Comment

          • elysium
            Junior Member
            • May 2017
            • 7

            #6
            Originally posted by eatyolegs

            Thank you, I'll look into this one. ANy other suggestions, from anyone?
            Benq 1085st is an option, particularly if you are willing to go the eBay route. Usually $400-500 for a lightly used one. It's short throw, 1080p projector. You are taking a risk, but I think it's manageable. For example, I would not buy the $500 one currently on eBay....too many hours at 5000+ ( bulbs are $200). I've seen much lightly used ones for about the same price. Just gotta be patient.

            Last edited by elysium; 09-09-2017, 08:33 PM.

            Comment

            • Kent
              Senior Member
              • May 2017
              • 116

              #7
              If you want 1080p and a new projector, the Optoma GT1080 is $650 or the newer Darbee version is $750. Otherwise you are looking at used or not HD.

              Comment

              • eatyolegs
                Junior Member
                • Sep 2017
                • 14

                #8
                Originally posted by elysium View Post

                Benq 1085st is an option, particularly if you are willing to go the eBay route. Usually $400-500 for a lightly used one. It's short throw, 1080p projector. You are taking a risk, but I think it's manageable. For example, I would not buy the $500 one currently on eBay....too many hours at 5000+ ( bulbs are $200). I've seen much lightly used ones for about the same price. Just gotta be patient.
                Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for the benq1085st.

                Comment

                • eatyolegs
                  Junior Member
                  • Sep 2017
                  • 14

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Kent View Post
                  If you want 1080p and a new projector, the Optoma GT1080 is $650 or the newer Darbee version is $750. Otherwise you are looking at used or not HD.
                  awesome thank you. I'll check out those two models. a little more than i wanted to spend but that seems to be the theme of this sim project

                  Comment

                  • StanMI
                    Super Member
                    • Sep 2016
                    • 775

                    #10
                    I have the MW632ST, great projector, but if I had it to do over again Id go with the GT1080Darbee. I'd really like the higher resolution image !! JMHO

                    Comment

                    • eatyolegs
                      Junior Member
                      • Sep 2017
                      • 14

                      #11
                      Originally posted by StanMI View Post
                      I have the MW632ST, great projector, but if I had it to do over again Id go with the GT1080Darbee. I'd really like the higher resolution image !! JMHO
                      Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

                      Comment

                      • ZANE-MAND
                        Member
                        • Aug 2017
                        • 43

                        #12
                        I had the BenQ MW632ST and I'm swapping it out for the Optoma GT1080Darbee already. With screens of such large size, resolution has to be as high as possible. It is only $100-$150 more and I think it is well worth it.

                        Comment

                        Working...