Optoma GT1080 Darbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optoma GT1080 Darbee

Got this projector for a great deal, picture is great so far but the top of the image seems to be curved or bowed no matter where I place it. Is this normal for ST to be this hard to get a straight image?

It's not a big curve but it's definitely there, I basically just want to find out if this is common. Projector placed in exact center no keystoning

I have the same projector and the top of my image is straight.

Comment

I don't notice it on my darbee.

Comment

Thanks guys I contacted Optoma they said I definitely shouldn't be seeing curves and are going to exchange the item. I had read about people having the same issue over on AVS forums so I was curious about this forum

Comment

i have the same model...did you play with the keystone?

Comment

Originally posted by theizer
            i have the same model...did you play with the keystone?
            Ive tried it with and without keystone and still can't manage a perfectly square image. Close, but not perfect like from what I've seen from basically every other projector. I'm doing some more testing tonight to be sure but most likely exchanging or returning.

Comment

Aside from that it's an awesome projector better blacks than Epson 1060. I wouldn't say the colour is as good as the 1060 but definitely good overall.

Comment

I have the exact same projector as well and haven't had this issue either. Other than if the surface you are projecting on is curved, I can't imagine that this would be anything but a problem with the projector itself. It sounds like Optoma is already sending you a replacement. Good Luck!

Comment

What I found is that if the surface you are projecting on is not perfectly flat, you will see the curve. This may be on all projectors, not just the GT1080. Try a different wall to see if that eliminates the curve. I know if you project on a screen that is not pulled tight you WILL see curves all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by clubhops10
                    What I found is that if the surface you are projecting on is not perfectly flat, you will see the curve. This may be on all projectors, not just the GT1080. Try a different wall to see if that eliminates the curve. I know if you project on a screen that is not pulled tight you WILL see curves all over the place.
                    That's what I read over at the AVS form, so far have tried 3 different walls I. 2 different houses and see the curve every time

Comment

Working...
                    X