Optima 1080 Darbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optima 1080 Darbee

I am looking at an Optima 1080 Darbee and was wondering how far from the screen everyone had them mounted and how far away you hit from?

Most people will hit around 9 - 10 feet away from the screen but closer or further is possible as well.

Comment

I hit from 9-10' away from my screen. My projector is mounted around 7' away from the screen and my screen is a bit under 14' wide. The distance that you mount this projector from the screen dictates the size of the image. If you know your image width, then you can calculate the distance you have to mount the projector from the screen. There is no zoom, so it has to be mounted precisely. The link to do that is posted above in Golfbeat's response.

Comment

I have the 1080 darbee, my screen is 4m wide so darbee is (0.5 throw) 2m from he screen which sets it to about 2.6m (lens centre) from the floor, I hit about 2.5m from screen so club head is under projector so swing plane no where near projector

Comment

Also, you need to figure out whether you want to project 4:3 or 16:9. Different distance from screen.

Comment

I went through the link you posted and got a distance of 8'-0" to get 4:3 on a 12'-0" x 9'-0" screen.

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

I mounted my 1080 on a sliding rail, the lack of zoom worried me about how precise you need to be with the mounting. I am hitting 8ft from 12 x 9 screen and projector is directly above my head in 4:3 mode. I can then slide it forward and get 16:9 if I want to watch a movie.

Comment

• mikewohlwend
                mikewohlwend commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a good idea.

• vrpunk
                vrpunk commented
                Editing a comment
                Great minds. Definitely need some type of slider to get the exact image, I cut up some angle iron and slid the attached mount on it to get the right distance.

I also did a sliding track since it doesn't have a zoom feature and was looking to use for both 16:9 and 4:3.

Thought i would post what i did to mount my projector. I have the Optoma GT1080 which is a 16:9 native. I knew the kids would like watching movies in the

Comment

I am still planning my sim setup, but had the same question. I found the following product which allows you to slide the projector between the 4:3 and 16:9 distances. One can also DIY something similar pretty easily I would think. wbond linked to a post above that mentioned this too, but I couldn't see the pic when I checked it out

Comment

I bought a cheap camera track slider and modified it slightly, works really well. Think total cost was around £35 so $49 approx., there are probably cheaper ways to do it. Wish I had seen wbond's post before I started my build as that sounds like a really good solution as well.

Comment

Here is the pic of mine. Keep in mind, it's in my garage so it was function over aesthetics and i had some angle iron. Click image for larger version

Name:	projector.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	149634

Comment

Working...
                    X