Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @allen2be (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - The Players Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Valspar Championship with 2 rounds at New Mississaugua G&CC white : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-championship
See more
See less

Double Garage Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Garage Build

So much good information on this site. I’m starting a garage build of two bays (16’ wide x 20’ deep). Hoping to get a projector that will cover golf, gaming and movies. Do I stick with older technology to keep price down or are there projectors available that do it all? Trying to stay under $5k for projector. Also looking at the stealth roll up screen at Par2Pro. Looks like a great option. Thanks for your input and Merry Christmas.

Not trying to rain on your parade but a 16 x 20 garage is not really that big, not for vehicles, not for trying to fit in a golf sim.

If possible, I'd look at at least increasing the width, since you'll hardly be able to get in or out of the cars due to the narrow width of the garage.

You're also hurrying ahead with concerns about the projector and budgeting "under $5K". Most good projectors these days are under $1000.

Put the money towards a bigger / wider garage, and make sure you've got high ceilings to be able to swing a golf club.

Good luck!

Comment

Ok...maybe I wasn’t clear enough....

I have a 5 car garage. I’m using 2 of the 5 bays for the simulator. One of the double doors is 16’ wide and I am intending to cover that door with the hitting screen. The ceilings are 11’ so plenty of height. There’s an extra 6’ on the side of this bay.

Looking at 4K short throw and really the Optoma 4K550ST is the only one that really seems to cover all the bases.

Love to spend $1000 if that covers my needs.

Comment

The Optoma EH200ST will work, and 20’ deep will be fine. Ceiling or floor will be good. Just plan on a permanent screen or u will be disappointed. You want a very tight fitting screen with backing. The homecourse drop down needs to be modified. Skytrak is great just do more research

Comment

Originally posted by Gazpacho View Post
          Just plan on a permanent screen or u will be disappointed. You want a very tight fitting screen with backing. The homecourse drop down needs to be modified. Skytrak is great just do more research
          I disagree with this. I’ve gone from a permanent ‘tight’ screen with net backing to the Par2Pro Stealth screen, and don’t notice any difference in ripples or picture quality. I am only projecting at 1080p, but 2 bungees in the bottom corners keep the screen tight enough.
          The material is thick and heavy enough to avoid any distortions in picture.
          I was concerned about it looking all rippled like the Homecourse setup, but it doesn’t at all.

Comment

Working...
          X