Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Golf18 (NET) and @Bob Chung (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - PGA Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - Charles Schwab Challenge with 2 rounds at Crooked Stick ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...hwab-challenge
See more
See less

BenQ HT2050A Projector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BenQ HT2050A Projector

Hello everyone,

New to the forum here, and thank you all for the wonderful information. The info has been a godsend for my build. I just have a quick question, any thoughts on the BenQ HT2050A for a simulator in a garage with ambient lighting. It's only 2200 lumens, but the perfect throw ratio for my build. With a full enclosure (blackout curtains extending 10 feet out form the sides), would it work? Has anyone used a 2200 lumen projector for a sim build?

can you provide any further details?

screen size? 16:9 or 16:10?
    ceiling height?
    hitting distance from screen?

2200 lumens seems pretty low unless you can really control the light in the sim area.

Comment

Actual screen is 8.5' x 11.5'. It is a 4:3 aspect ratio, but I would have image heights of 7.2' in 16:10 or 6.5' in 16:9.
      Obviously leaving blank spaces on the top and bottom of the screen.
      Ceiling height is 10'
      Center of hitting area is 10' from the screen

It will be fully enclosed from hitting area to the screen. I attached a picture of it so far. Still need to do some final adjustments to the screen, but for the most part I just need the projector. I need to rebuild the hitting platform to accommodate right and left handers as well.

I can install the BenQ TH671ST right above the hitting area at 9.5', but I am afraid of someone accidentally hitting it. Does anyone have their projector mounted above their hitting area? Anyone ever hit their projector? I believe if I mounted it roughly 14' from the hitting screen, the projector should be safe and I don't think I will have any issues with shadows. I could maybe build a protective frame around the projector if I mounted the TH671ST at 9.5'. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by J Lonz; 05-10-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
        GungHoGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m planning to mount my projector right above the ball. That’s a pretty safe place for it, swing-path-wise. Also consider that light fall-off as distance increases is an exponential function, so the closer the better to preserve lumens.
    Working...
    X