Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET & GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Scotish Open!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Ireland Invitational with 2 rounds at Le Golf National (Protee): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...d-invitational
See more
See less

Optoma WU515T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optoma WU515T

I'm considering this project for both golf & movies. For starters, does anyone have this model that can provide a review. Secondly, the room is 10'w x 10'h. Intention is to mount projector on the ceiling, how far away does this projector have to be from the screen to fill it? (Such a basic question that I have no idea of the answer). Thanks in advance for any info.

If the room is 10 feet wide, we'll figure on a 9 foot screen...... it would have to be 14 feet, 3 inches from the screen for a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio. For a 4:3 ratio it would be 17 feet, 2 inches. In both instances the lens would have to be even with the top of the image.

https://www.projectorcentral.com/Opt...ulator-pro.htm

Comment

I've used WU515ST for over a year. I ceiling mount the projector about 9.2' from the screen to produce a 11' x 6.9' 16:10 picture. WU515ST is very easy to adjust because of it's both vertical and horizontal lens shift. The high lumens also make it a perfect projector for simulation and movie watching.

Attached Files

Comment

I appreciate the posts trying to clear this up... I used a 9.5" screen (actually I have 10'5" in width) (160.5" diagonal) on the projector central link (3on3putt). It appears I need 25'4" from the screen to project an image 9.5' x 5.93'. I'm sorry but that just doesn't make sense to me why it has to be that far from the screen. Antony's is 9.2" away and the image is similar. Please explain why the difference between the 2 distances are so far apart. As sophisticated as these projectors are as well as what they cost, I'm amazed it can't be 8' away and project that image.

Comment

The throw ratio of WU515 ST is 0.79. To calculate the projector distance to the screen is "Screen width X Throw ratio".

Comment

Aha! I found we are talking about two different projectors. Yours is WU515T, mine is WU515ST. The throw ratios are 1.26 – 2.16:1 and 0.79. I'd recommend the ST(Short Throw) one.

Comment

Originally posted by Antony Chang View Post
              Aha! I found we are talking about two different projectors. Yours is WU515T, mine is WU515ST. The throw ratios are 1.26 – 2.16:1 and 0.79. I'd recommend the ST(Short Throw) one.
              Yes, you guys are talking about 2 different projectors with two different throw ratios.

Brioni ---- you have to get a short throw projector. The optoma gt1080 or gt1080 darbee is a popular one for simulators that you would be able to mount less than 8 feet away. Just as one example. I have an InFocus projector that is mounted just 5.5 feet away that projects a similar image size to yours.

Short throws are the way to go in order to not have any shadows in the way. Figure out the throw ratio you need, click on "find a projector" on the projector central site and enter that throw ratio as part of your search criteria.

Comment

Working...
              X