BenQ TH671ST Keystone correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BenQ TH671ST Keystone correction

Does anyone tilt their projector either up or down, and if so how much can you get away with? Im looking to get the image lower on the screen and if i calculated correctly it would require at least a 7 degree tilt, which would gain me about 14 inches. How bad does keystone mess up image quality?

Keystone correction is frequently needed, unless your projector is mounted at exactly the right height (for the TH671ST, that height is having the center of the lens exactly 3" above the top of the image). The image quality is only very slightly affected, and unless I told you an image was keystone corrected, you wouldn't be able to tell it. All it does is slightly stretch pixels at the far side, and slightly compress them at the near side. We're talking very small % of change.
    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

I just measured mine and there is about 1+ inch difference in height - between the front & back edge of the projector. See attached image. I agree with GungHoGolf - you really cannot see much of a difference (if any) with keystone correction utilized. If that is still a concern, you may have to look to a higher-end projector with proper "lens shift". You can then mount it straight on then adjust the projection downwards - no keystone correction needed. While I like the BenQ TH671ST, I do not love it (for a few reasons). With that said, it is honestly a very good projector for the cost. I am looking to upgrade to 4k laser - I want a brighter more crisp image so I am being overly critical of the 671ST. Also try to search on BenQDirect.com - they tend to have this unit on factory refurb for far less than full retail. Still 1 year warranty too! Hope this helps!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0150.jpeg
Views:	5486
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	294685

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, I am so glad this was your response as I accidentally found my way to the BenQ a few hours ago and saw a refurbished TH671ST for 480.00, I couldn’t resist the price and figured I’d make it work somehow. Now I feel very good about it. Thanks.

Comment

Oh gosh for $480 - complete no brainer purchase!!!!! I think I paid about $550 or maybe even $599 refurbished price about 6 mos ago! Great job!!!!!! Enjoy!!!

Comment

Working...
          X