Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @simmb (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 CHRISTMAS TOUR - ProTee Tour Championship !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - Sony Open in Hawaii. Playing 2 rounds at Wailua Valley GC (ProTee Green Tees) - 6378y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...open-in-hawaii
See more
See less

Is split screen on Projectors possible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is split screen on Projectors possible ?

I'v seen this done a few times in online video's. In the top left or top right corner of the impact screens, people have a tv channel on while the rest of the screen has the image from their golf simulator . (They could be watching the masters golf or the football game while at the same time playing the golf simulator).

I have an EIKI 308 U Projector (Love it from what I have seen of it so far). Does anyone know if I can do a split screen so as to play golf simulator and watch TV at the same time with that projector?. If so, how do I do it ?

There are a few browser extensions that will keep your browser window on top. It has nothing to do with the projector. So if you have web based TV like youtubeTV etc you can overlay it over your software. So it depends more on the source of your video and the sim software you're using.

Comment

Ontopreplica should be able to do it
      ​It is a free program

​​​
      My courses:
      Aldeen
      Butler National
      Cantigny
      Canyata
      Cog Hill #4
      Harbor Shores
      Harborside
      Naperville Country Club
      Prairie Landing
      Rich Harvest Farms
      Shoreacres

Comment

Originally posted by Jtangm04 View Post
        Ontopreplica should be able to do it
        ​It is a free program

​​​
        That assumes the content he wants to float is also on Windows (YouTube TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc). I'm curious, too, whether any projectors can do true Picture-in-Picture from a second HDMI input (such as from a TV cable box).
        - Ron at GungHoGolf.com - visit my site for instructional articles and reviews

Comment

I have a directv subscription, which plays in it's own viewer unfortunately. So the Chrome plug in does not work. I have not tried OnTop Replica yet but I assume it would work.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
            GungHoGolf commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it will work on any Windows content

• Noob20
            Noob20 commented
            Editing a comment
            Which works on any Windows content, the plug in or the program?

• GungHoGolf
            GungHoGolf commented
            Editing a comment
            OnTopReplica

Thanks all. A few follow on questions

Will ontoreplica work on an IPad. If not are there other options ?

I have an android box for streaming TV. Could I hook that up to a computer and use Ontoreplica to split the screen ?

Comment

Working...
          X