Vertical offset - quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical offset - quick question

I want to ceiling mount my optoma eh412st. Running the numbers through the throw calculator, it’s requires a vertical offset of -14” from a throw distance of 6’9”. The distance from my ceiling to the top of my screen is approximately 10.5”. Does this mean that ceiling mount option isn’t going to work for my setup?

Edit: projecting in 4:3 and also have an enclosure on top.
    Last edited by Sixmudd; 04-08-2021, 12:03 AM.

It will work. It will need tilted slightly up, and the vertical keystone adjusted a tad to square up the image. It's rare to get a projector mounted exactly at its "square" vertical offset position.
    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

It depends. Vertical offset is the space between the lens and the top edge of the image (when ceiling mounted). So it depends less on the height of your screen and depends more on the height of your image. How high will your image be from that mounting distance?

Comment

Originally posted by 3on3putt View Post
        It depends. Vertical offset is the space between the lens and the top edge of the image (when ceiling mounted). So it depends less on the height of your screen and depends more on the height of your image. How high will your image be from that mounting distance?
        Thanks from the mounting distance image is about 90”. I guess I’ll play around with it by holding it up with my hands to see if it’ll work

Comment

Originally posted by GungHoGolf View Post
          It will work. It will need tilted slightly up, and the vertical keystone adjusted a tad to square up the image. It's rare to get a projector mounted exactly at its "square" vertical offset position.
          Good to know. Thanks Ron. Just wanted to see if it was possible before calling someone to do the install and run the cabling etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixmudd View Post

Thanks from the mounting distance image is about 90”. I guess I’ll play around with it by holding it up with my hands to see if it’ll work
            No real need. Whats your ceiling height? Image height is 90 and vertical offset is 14. That puts your lens at 104 inches. If that's less than your ceiling height you're good. If it's more than your ceiling height you're not.

Comment

Originally posted by 3on3putt View Post

No real need. Whats your ceiling height? Image height is 90 and vertical offset is 14. That puts your lens at 104 inches. If that's less than your ceiling height you're good. If it's more than your ceiling height you're not.
              Ceiling height is 108. Guess I’m good then lol. I was just a little worried about my enclosure and all that. Appreciate it.

Comment

Should be perfect. Mount it as flush as you can and the middle of the lens (which is where vertical offset is measured from) should be right around 104.

Comment

Working...
                X