Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Suitable projector for my sim plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable projector for my sim plan

Can anyone recommend / offer advice of any projectors for my plan below? Thanks

You have a pretty standard setup, and the angled top on your enclosure gives you options on projector height.

For HD, the BenQ TH671ST is probably the most popular golf sim projector on the market. All the reasons it's a great fit are in the product description at https://store.gunghogolf.com/BenQ-TH...NEW-p265749740

- Ron at GunghoGolf.com, a US authorized reseller for TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, E6 Connect, and Fiberbuilt. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Ron, I have 16x9 screen, when I put this into projector central it’s saying the picture may not be bright enough. Have you had any experience with a screen that size using this one?

Comment

• GungHoGolf
        GungHoGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't worry about their brightness estimates. The TH671ST is very bright, and works great at 16x9'. BenQ is conservative in their lumen estimates.

It's important with ANY projector, no matter how bright, to keep ambient light off the screen if you want a quality picture. If you have room or window light spilling onto your screen, the blacks will wash out and you'll lose contrast. Control the light, and the TH671ST will look awesome.

Awesome. Thank you. One other question that I saw in another thread if you don’t mind. I have a 7ft deep enclosure, will that throw off the projector central numbers as far as how low/far back I would need to put it?

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
        Awesome. Thank you. One other question that I saw in another thread if you don’t mind. I have a 7ft deep enclosure, will that throw off the projector central numbers as far as how low/far back I would need to put it?
        If the enclosure has a straight top, you'll just need to make sure to mount the projector at the height that puts the center of the lens slightly lower than the front edge of the enclosure, to avoid having the beam cut off and not reaching the top of your screen. Otherwise, height is irrelevant with the TH671ST, as it has very smooth keystone adjustment to square up the image if projector is higher or lower than its natural vertical offset.
        Last edited by GungHoGolf; 08-05-2021, 07:02 PM.
        - Ron at GunghoGolf.com, a US authorized reseller for TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, E6 Connect, and Fiberbuilt. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
          X