Projector recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector recommendation

Looking for advice on a projector. Haven’t decided whether to go with 16:9 or 4:3 yet. I have a 11’6” ceiling but it slopes down so I am going to build a custom enclosure with no roof line to impede the projector.

projector will be ceiling mounted.

Any thoughts on either BenQ TH671ST, Optoma GT1080HDR or GT1090HDR? Any other suggestions?

I don’t have any windows/light to deal with.

Do I need fo be concerned with how high I mount the projector?
    Do these projectors have a zoom or do I have to mount the projector in exact location required?

I would like to stream sports also but sim is the primary use.

thanks in advance.

https://www.projectorcentral.com Is your best friend. It will all come down to height and distance from the screen. Do you homework before you buy. I bought the Optoma 1090 only to find it didn’t have a manual zoom and had to be mounted too close to the screen. The benq 761ST checked all the boxes for me and is a great unit. Just make sure it will work in your environment.

Comment

The Benq is an amazing projector for the price. Not a lot of adjustment but it is very bright for the cost!

Comment

Am I correct that the BenQ has a 20% digital zoom capability so I won’t have to position if in the exact location to fill the screen?

Comment

Correct, having the zoom is a game changer!

Comment

Originally posted by coblue View Post
            Am I correct that the BenQ has a 20% digital zoom capability so I won’t have to position if in the exact location to fill the screen?
            The BenQ TH671ST, like most BenQ projectors, has OPTICAL zoom (much better than digital zoom which some competitors have), so precise mounting position fore and aft is not required (you'll have about a 2 foot distance you can mount it in - so best to stay on the shorter end, leaving yourself 6 inches or so from the shortest position for your given screen height - staying shorter to minimize chance of shadows).
            - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

I was thinking about the BenQ TK700STi, thoughts? Is 4K really worth it for a 4:3 ratio? My screen is 134 x 105

Comment

Working...
              X