Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Thundergolf (NET and GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - CareerBuilder Challenge with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Thursday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...lder-challenge
See more
See less

Screen and projector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Screen and projector

    Hello everybody. Looking for help here please. I own a flightscope xi+. I have a 9ft3in ceiling in the garage. I set the flightscope 10ft behind the ball and the net is 13 ft from the ball. Plenty of room. I’m looking to get the e6 1.6 software along with a screen and a projector. Any suggestions on a screen and projector? ( I’m currently demoing the e6 1.6 for a month and seems pretty cool). Thanks, Gary

  • #2
    I basically just did a setup like that. 10 foot sportscreen with white material from Par2Pro. I ended up getting the Optoma 1080HD Darbee projector. Pretty happy with it all. Screen is 10 feet wide and use the 4:3 ratio at about 7 feet away 10 foot ceiling. 108 inches to center of mat and 9 feet to screen. Works very well. The one thing with launch monitor is you don't want the ball to come back hot so getting a screen that doesn't trampoline is important. Also using the E6 1.6.

    Comment


    • #3
      I would go the projector central and use the throw distance calculator and see what works for the screen size your looking for. BenQ Th671st and 2150st seem to be pretty common as well as the Optoma 1080HD Darbee. Seem to be good quality with an affordable price tag.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thank u for the ideas! Appreciate it!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Golfnut7777
          Hello everybody. Looking for help here please. I own a flightscope xi+. I have a 9ft3in ceiling in the garage. I set the flightscope 10ft behind the ball and the net is 13 ft from the ball. Plenty of room. I’m looking to get the e6 1.6 software along with a screen and a projector. Any suggestions on a screen and projector? ( I’m currently demoing the e6 1.6 for a month and seems pretty cool). Thanks, Gary
          Send me a message if you are looking for E6 1.6. I have it for a Flightscope and looking to sell it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wundej View Post

            Send me a message if you are looking for E6 1.6. I have it for a Flightscope and looking to sell it.
            I thought you were selling as a package with the X2.... What are you willing to let that go for? Send me a pm.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Diggitydog View Post
              I basically just did a setup like that. 10 foot sportscreen with white material from Par2Pro. I ended up getting the Optoma 1080HD Darbee projector. Pretty happy with it all. Screen is 10 feet wide and use the 4:3 ratio at about 7 feet away 10 foot ceiling. 108 inches to center of mat and 9 feet to screen. Works very well. The one thing with launch monitor is you don't want the ball to come back hot so getting a screen that doesn't trampoline is important. Also using the E6 1.6.
              How is it with wedges? How far are you from the screen? Could you tell me your measurements form ball to screen? As well as ball to the net overhang on the ceiling? I currently have a net return pro with a screen, which is great, but isn't ideal when you're 8 feet away and hitting a 60 degree wedge, or a soft flop shot into the EMT at the top.

              Comment


              • #8
                It works with 58 degree wedge. The ball is 9 feet from the screen, I have a net with "baffles" draped in and soft weight like a towel to keep the ball in the control zone. Ceiling is 10 feet and netting starts at 9 feet draped to just above projector image. Trial and error on that part. It's not perfect but for revision one I'm happy.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think you may run into troubles with your wedges possibly being 13' from screen and 9' ceiling. I have my X3 set up at 8' from the screen and ceiling is a couple inches under 9'. If I hit a full 58 or 50 degree that I'm not trying to keep low they bounce off the top of the screen and up into the ceiling. I would like from 13' you may be hitting the roof at least from my experience so far.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X