Screen and projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen and projector

Hello everybody. Looking for help here please. I own a flightscope xi+. I have a 9ft3in ceiling in the garage. I set the flightscope 10ft behind the ball and the net is 13 ft from the ball. Plenty of room. I’m looking to get the e6 1.6 software along with a screen and a projector. Any suggestions on a screen and projector? ( I’m currently demoing the e6 1.6 for a month and seems pretty cool). Thanks, Gary

I basically just did a setup like that. 10 foot sportscreen with white material from Par2Pro. I ended up getting the Optoma 1080HD Darbee projector. Pretty happy with it all. Screen is 10 feet wide and use the 4:3 ratio at about 7 feet away 10 foot ceiling. 108 inches to center of mat and 9 feet to screen. Works very well. The one thing with launch monitor is you don't want the ball to come back hot so getting a screen that doesn't trampoline is important. Also using the E6 1.6.

Comment

I would go the projector central and use the throw distance calculator and see what works for the screen size your looking for. BenQ Th671st and 2150st seem to be pretty common as well as the Optoma 1080HD Darbee. Seem to be good quality with an affordable price tag.

Comment

Thank u for the ideas! Appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Golfnut7777
          Hello everybody. Looking for help here please. I own a flightscope xi+. I have a 9ft3in ceiling in the garage. I set the flightscope 10ft behind the ball and the net is 13 ft from the ball. Plenty of room. I’m looking to get the e6 1.6 software along with a screen and a projector. Any suggestions on a screen and projector? ( I’m currently demoing the e6 1.6 for a month and seems pretty cool). Thanks, Gary
          Send me a message if you are looking for E6 1.6. I have it for a Flightscope and looking to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wundej View Post

Send me a message if you are looking for E6 1.6. I have it for a Flightscope and looking to sell it.
            I thought you were selling as a package with the X2.... What are you willing to let that go for? Send me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggitydog View Post
              I basically just did a setup like that. 10 foot sportscreen with white material from Par2Pro. I ended up getting the Optoma 1080HD Darbee projector. Pretty happy with it all. Screen is 10 feet wide and use the 4:3 ratio at about 7 feet away 10 foot ceiling. 108 inches to center of mat and 9 feet to screen. Works very well. The one thing with launch monitor is you don't want the ball to come back hot so getting a screen that doesn't trampoline is important. Also using the E6 1.6.
              How is it with wedges? How far are you from the screen? Could you tell me your measurements form ball to screen? As well as ball to the net overhang on the ceiling? I currently have a net return pro with a screen, which is great, but isn't ideal when you're 8 feet away and hitting a 60 degree wedge, or a soft flop shot into the EMT at the top.

Comment

It works with 58 degree wedge. The ball is 9 feet from the screen, I have a net with "baffles" draped in and soft weight like a towel to keep the ball in the control zone. Ceiling is 10 feet and netting starts at 9 feet draped to just above projector image. Trial and error on that part. It's not perfect but for revision one I'm happy.

Comment

I think you may run into troubles with your wedges possibly being 13' from screen and 9' ceiling. I have my X3 set up at 8' from the screen and ceiling is a couple inches under 9'. If I hit a full 58 or 50 degree that I'm not trying to keep low they bounce off the top of the screen and up into the ceiling. I would like from 13' you may be hitting the roof at least from my experience so far.

Comment

Well after using the E6 software for a month im gonna pass on buying it. the distances are a bit off 7 iron travels between 160 to 190 yards Also the automatic 3 putt when im 20 yards off the green is a bit odd Just my 2 cents

Comment

• longstix
                      longstix commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are you using the E6 connect software? You have the ability to go in and take the option to choose auto putt, gimmie range or you can choose player decides. If you choose player decides then every time you get on the green if gives you the option to pick how many putts you feel you would have taken from that distance. It works very well. When I'm playing with friends we just make a rule for so many putts within a certain distance before we start so its fair for everyone. Like say under 8' = 1 putt under 25'=2 putt and over 25' is 3 or something like that. Have you used the VX app and compared your distances between E6 and the app? I was having the same questions but when I used the VX app I found it was giving the same readings. I've logged quite a few hours on Connect so far and am pretty happy. I have sent a few messages with little bugs but it is a beta version and they replied back that they were aware and working on it. Can't wait to get the integration set up.
                  Working...
                  X