Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @ArborMan (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 1 2020 SPRING TOUR - Sony Open in Hawaii!

Join this weeks TGC 1 2020 SPRING TOUR - The American Express with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Saturday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...erican-express
See more
See less

NEW - Flightscope Mevo+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW - Flightscope Mevo+

It looks like Flightscope is bringing an updated Mevo to the January PGA Merchandise Show. According to the brief blurb, this version will have skills combines and golf course simulation. Another exhibitor, Awesome Golf, is listed as a new simulation partner for Flightscope, and I assume that this is the software that might work with this new Mevo. Looks like something to keep an eye on!

https://www.pgashow.com/en/Show-Info.../?coId=1067475

Pointing this photo out from their twitter account... E6? Do you think others could also be available (TGC?)

Comment

• Anansi
      Anansi commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! E6 Connect is a nice piece of software, and I’m glad to see a traditional simulation partner for Flightscope’s new launch monitor. The question now is how much it will cost to use E6 Connect with the new Mevo. TruGolf’s pricing for their software is ridiculous ($2500 for the basic license), but the ability to access a quality simulator via iOS is compelling.

Basic version included with it?

Comment

I wonder if it will enable connectivity to full e6 Connect. Maybe some special "limited edition" package (driving range and a few courses)? I hear more info is to come from FS this week...

Comment

This device will read shorter chips and putts, as I heard it from the horses mouth. How it will read those, I'm not sure. How consistent will it be? How accurate will it be? Those are the bigger questions. The camera is strictly for alignment, and won't do anything for measurement. This has massive potential, but I'm just as eager as everyone else to see what this device can do.

Comment

• Anansi
          Anansi commented
          Editing a comment
          You heard that it will read putts? How? I’m very curious about short game capabilities.

The IOS version on e6 connect is $1,500USD I believe.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/FlightScopeMevo
          The profile picture shows it will show at least AoA, spin axis and HLA.

Comment

Anansi

I can send you a private message of what I received, but I can assure you that the source was direct. I do not know how though. In my mind, I assume it will be a calculation. However, this is me speculating, with no knowledge on this part.....

I've been thinking about it since I've heard it, and I'm wondering if they'll want the mevo+ to sit above the hitting area, as opposed to below like previous models. My thoughts on this are that then the radar can see the ball, without the club interference. Also, for an in-home setup, it would be a small adjustment that you'd need to make. Again, this is speculation.

I am very curious as to how it will read these data points. Unless it will be strictly club data for these? Your guess is as good as mine at this point.

Comment

• Anansi
              Anansi commented
              Editing a comment
              A PM would be great! I'm holding out hope that Flightscope is coming out with a complete practice tool, but I would be surprised if the Mevo+ could handle short game as well as the camera-based competition. Maybe this is an updated/scaled down version of the "fusion tracking" Flightscope marketed with the X3?

They tweeted the parameters. I probably shouldn’t be surprised but no club path or face angle which was what I was hoping to add. Those parameters included would basically make it a Xi Tour for a price that’s too good to be true potentially.

For my indoor use what it adds relative to my SkyTrak probably doesn’t make sense as an upgrade.

Comment

• Anansi
              Anansi commented
              Editing a comment
              If TruGolf figures out a way to integrate data from the Home Swing Studio and Mevo within E6, we could presumably have a situation similar to SkyTrak/R-Motion with TGC. There are a bunch of interesting devices out there, but too few integrations!

• Gresh12
              Gresh12 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have SkyTrak and R-motion. I regret the latter purchase as the integration is half baked at best given I must use original TGC not the newest version nor the Skytrak app.

I don’t think I’ll buy another device until I can get an all in one club/ball unit that is portable as I have no permanent setup option. I also question the accuracy of the club mounted things (I also had SwingByte and R-motion seems miles better but still hard to trust).

I feel like we must be getting close to this at an “affordable” price with leaps in technology but the big guys will be hesitant to drop their prices (although Mevo+ vs Xi+ seems to have similar data for way less so maybe the Mevo Tour comes next). That said it blows my mind the GC2 still costs what it does as technology that is like 10 years old. Props to them for keeping the value up because technology costs usually drop rapidly for everything else.

• Bubba22
              Bubba22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Although 10 yrs old, the GC2 technology including trigger mechanism, camera etc is amazingly accurate. The mevo + seems promising and if accurate will have some advantages over Skytrak. Club data can be relatively calculated with appropriate ball data based on center club strike with no gear effect. It looks like they are including club speed and AOA so other club data can be estimated with algorithms.

Gresh12 prices drop rapidly for tech in areas where there is high demand. As you see with Golf Simulators, there is low demand, thereby allowing them to keep the value high despite newer technology being available, or even if they upgrade to a newer tech, they are still keep prices high - there is just not enough people playing Sim Golf to create enough demand that the manufacturers can lower prices.

The solution, talk to everyone you can that may be interested in Sim Golf to encourage them to try out Sim Golf and play Sim Golf - that is the only thing that can increase demand. I don't see that happening anytime soon, but we can only try by finding more and more ways to reach anyone who might have an interest in Sim Golf.

Comment

• Gresh12
              Gresh12 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t disagree with limited demand and I’m sure they’ve done their homework on price versus volume and concluded this is the best way to maximize profit.

I also have no idea what it costs to manufacture these things but I know among golfers I talk to a price tag under $2k gets discussion where $5k is immediately dismissed as too expensive.

I’m also in a pretty weird niche I think in that I really want ball/club data but can’t do a permanent setup and I have limits to irons inside while living in a rainy climate. I’d probably justify a GC quad to myself if I had a proper permanent setup.

We will see how successful this unit is soon enough.
            Flightscope's main problem is their total lack of advertising and marketing to the masses.
            Everthing online is sparse and outdated.

Comment

E6 Connect App updated today... with mention of Mevo+ https://apps.apple.com/us/app/e6-connect/id1360027026

Comment

When I first bought the MEVO, I was concerned about customer service with the new technology. I figured FS was used to dealing with club fitters and club pros, not Joe Schmoe. I was dead wrong. FS customer service was great. Called them a couple of times and they were incredibly helpful. Also, their FAQs and Q&A have been updated with useful information, especially unit setup and distances.

Comment

UPDATE:

****WIll only have to use the metallic stickers indoors or into a net. You DO NOT use the stickers when using outdoors with longer ball flight(range, backyard, course..) because of new technology improvements!
                  -Will cost $2000 out the door with E6 Connect (5 Courses included) and Mevo software.
                  -WIll be able to read putts and chips.
                  -Will be available to purchase immediately at PGA Merchandise show and after. WIll take 2-3 weeks lead time delivery.
                  -Will require about 8 feet behind ball and 8 feet in front of ball for flight calculations.
                  -They are trying to figure out solutions for integrating The Golf Club and the like simulation software right now. But will be able to use E6 Connect at moment.
                  Last edited by golfun2; 01-16-2020, 05:37 PM.

Comment

$2k and includes e6 connect would be a great deal assuming it’s accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by golfun2 View Post
                      UPDATE:

****WIll only have to use the metallic stickers indoors or into a net. You DO NOT use the stickers when using outdoors with longer ball flight(range, backyard, course..) because of new technology improvements!
                      -Will cost $2000 out the door with E6 Connect (5 Courses included) and Mevo software.
                      -WIll be able to read putts and chips.
                      -Will be available to purchase immediately at PGA Merchandise show and after. WIll take 2-3 weeks lead time delivery.
                      -Will require about 8 feet behind ball and 8 feet in front of ball for flight calculations.
                      -They are trying to figure out solutions for integrating The Golf Club and the like simulation software right now. But will be able to use E6 Connect at moment.
                      That's crazy if it includes E6. That makes me wonder even more about the technology they can afford to put into the box itself though if they are paying a chunk of it to Trugolf for licensing. I don't think the companies are affiliated, are they? If it's at least tolerably accurate it could definitely be a Skytrak killer. I just worry about it being another Ernest Golf debacle, even though FS has earned our trust a bit more at this point.
                      Last edited by CHansen157; 01-16-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Gresh12
                        Gresh12 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I still wonder if they are trying to take a real run at the consumer market. I have no idea what the cost to manufacture the device is but maybe a thin margin and volume business is starting to appeal to some of these companies. They have Deshambeux adds on the Mevo all the time on TV.

Depending on accuracy of the Mevo+ there is now a massive value gap between the Mevo+ and Xi Tour. I want path/face data but it now looks like a $7k upcharge.

• CHansen157
                        CHansen157 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's why, especially with the known differences in tech, I'm concerned that will be some substantial limitations on accuracy or usability. My understanding is that the margin is already pretty thin on competitive devices, with ST and Foresight making a big chunk of their profit on the software and Uneekor increasing their price this year. But it's possible that FS made a legitimate breakthrough in the accuracy/expense tradeoff.
                    Working...
                    X