Anyone get their Mevo+ pre-order yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get their Mevo+ pre-order yet?

Anyone get theirs delivered yet? If so, when was your pre-order date? Curious if 3 weeks is actually accurate or not.

Is the lack of reviews due to the delay in shipment? I'm guessing only those that got their Mevo+ at the PGA show have them..?

Comment

• tonybrown32
      tonybrown32 commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries on the word choice

I too cant wait to see these start getting out to people and see what people think of it. I'm sure we will see more arguments about spin and accuracy and comparing to other units...

Personally I bought it because users had a good experience with the original Mevo, Flightscope is well respected, it can't be any worse than Skytrak, provides AoA which will be helpful for me, I can use it easier outdoors, and get 5 free E6 courses with more annual fee that I had with Skytrak. Only negative is space needed behind the ball, but I have that too...

I dont really care if it reads spin differently than GCQ or other units, as long as it reads consistently.

Seeing some good competition for consumer launch monitors in this price range is great to see...

• trumb1mj
      trumb1mj commented
      Editing a comment
      Tony you pretty much nailed the reasons why I sold my SkyTrak and pre-ordered the Mevo+. Also, I owned the original mevo (before skytrak) and they were super responsive about making fixes and making sure it performed as good as possible with the hardware they were selling.

One thing I've noticed from the limited reviews out there on the Mevo+ is spin seems to be consistent in indoor mode. Even if it reads low, it seems to be consistently low which tells me they might be able to make adjustments.

• tonybrown32
      tonybrown32 commented
      Editing a comment
      trumb1mj exactly. If the spin is off, likely can be a software/firmware adjustment, but it does seem consistent. As I wrote out all those reasons I ordered the Mevo+ I realized the only reason for me to consider keeping the Skytrak was for it's placement, and the fact that it was very reliable for me and worked great. Numbers including spin were spot on for me at least.

Not gonna lie, the thing that really pushed me over the edge were the 5 free courses with E6 giving me the ability to play golf with another person with no annual fee... I happily paid the $99 fee for Skytrak, and felt it was worth it and had value for sure... but was always a little pissed that there was not even 1 free golf course to play... I tried WGT for a year and actually really liked it.. but hated the lack of local multiplayer, so never renewed it.

If Skytrak could start to offer a scaled down E6 package like Flightscope is, it could go a long way for them. Skytrak is still a great unit, especially for those only using indoors for sim play and don't have the space for radar...

I ordered on the 24th and the first batch of units arrived I Europe yesterday. Hopefully they will be shipped to the end users tomorrow and reach us on friday, depending on freight company.

Comment

Just pre-ordered mine today and still see 3 week lead time on the flightscope website. Can't wait for this to arrive as I built a sim in my garage and will be posting pics of that build in that forum section.

I was impressed with SkyTrak years ago when it came out and always thought I would end up with that unit but the data that mevo+ provides (if accurate) can't be beat and I'm also in the camp that hates to pay yearly fees to use a product after ponying up a lot of cash in the beginning.

I was on a Trackman 4 this weekend at my local sim place and it too had some weird readings if you didn't select the appropriate club and some mis-reads or no reads on short chips if the ball wasn't launched high enough so I have faith that the mevo+ will provide a similar experience to that minus all the data a Trackman provides.

Comment

• Aapo
        Aapo commented
        Editing a comment
        I have seen the same thing with trackman. I was hitting 80 yard shots, and I was using 56°. The club selection was 50° and I was carrying the ball for 90+ yards. When we switched to the 56° the carry distance was what I was expecting, around 80 yards. I was hitting indoors, so that might be the reason. The club selection didn't make a difference with irons, fairway woods or driver.

• jvh42
        jvh42 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, if I picked at least an iron for any iron it would work ok, same for driver if using a fairway wood etc. As long as it was in the same class/type of club it was ok

Mine just arrived with courier. Pretty sweet delivery close to the arctic circle.

Comment

I ordered on the 27th and tracking info has it arriving at my buddies place in Florida. I’ll be there next week to pick it up.

Comment

• pwade3
          pwade3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmm. I also ordered on the 27th but I have not recieved any tracking info yet. I’m close to you over on the island. Hopefully soon.

• Gresh12
          Gresh12 commented
          Editing a comment
          They had told me beforehand I was on the bubble so some point on the 27th could be the break point. That said, I only got tracking info after I had called to check in and it was clearly not automated in that the person I spoke with followed up with a direct email.

They actually followed up unprompted today to confirm it had arrived because I was worried on timing of my trip and it’s arrival. FS customer service off to a very good start in my eyes.

I’ve been told by a reseller that I ordered it from that it will be shipped to them next week, but might be late next week and still has to clear customs. The delay is related to the delay of parts coming from China for obvious reasons. I might not see mine until second week of March. Much later then indicated by FS when ordering. I’m going away golfing next week, so no matter.

Comment

Noooooo!

I'm kind of bummed... I pre-ordered direct from Flightscope on January 27th. I'm in the US. I inquired yesterday for another update since I haven't heard a peep, and here's what I got back:
          "Unfortunately due to high demand in the product we are having an extended waiting period on our units to reach our headquarters in Orlando, FL. However, your name is actually the first order to be sent out with the next shipment orders. It will be shipped out early next week and you'll receive shipping details with a tracking number to track its process. We appreciate your patience."

Looks like I just missed the first batch dang it! But also sounds like some degree of certainty that my unit is assigned to the next shipment. Patience...
          Last edited by tonybrown32; 02-20-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• khkyle86
            khkyle86 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry Tony that's rough news. I ordered mine on the 26th and it arrived yesterday. I would feel confident that you'll be in the next batch. They'll send you a notification with a tracking number through UPS, then followed with a notification through Flightscope. This notification came in about 3 days before I received my actual unit. Good luck!

• tonybrown32
            tonybrown32 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, not the end of the world, and pretty confident itll be in next weeks batch... waiting is the hard part! Lol.

• pwade3
            pwade3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Kyle86. You in Europe or North America? Seems like Europe is getting there’s on time.

I pre-ordered 5 days ago when the price was 1999€ + taxes + shipping which was 2496€ total. Today I visited the website again and saw the price had dropped to 1899€. Why did it drop? If this isn't just a mistake why would they have done that? If it's true I will contact flightscope to get 100€ back...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Näyttökuva (6).png Views:	0 Size:	61.5 KB ID:	248235

Comment

• trumb1mj
            trumb1mj commented
            Editing a comment
            It still appears to be $1999 on the US store.

• Aapo
            Aapo commented
            Editing a comment
            1999$ is 1850€... So still 50$/€ cheaper there

Less than 1 week to go until mine is due to ship. I'm hoping things are still on track!

Comment

I just looked at the mevo+ site and the pre-order screen is now showing 6 weeks! I wrote into their support to see if my order is still 3 weeks when I made it last week

Comment

• GungHoGolf
              GungHoGolf commented
              Editing a comment
              Corona virus is affecting supply chains from China - wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a factor.

• tonybrown32
              tonybrown32 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup.. just hoping they got this weeks shipment on time, since I was told I was first on the list for the next batch supposed to be arriving early this week... fingers crossed.

• jvh42
              jvh42 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea I would think that's affecting things as well. Daniel in customer support told me my unit is scheduled to ship 3/16 so roughly 3.5 weeks from my order date. Not too bad all things considered.

Originally posted by jvh42 View Post
            I just looked at the mevo+ site and the pre-order screen is now showing 6 weeks! I wrote into their support to see if my order is still 3 weeks when I made it last week
            That literally just changed today... it still said 3 weeks when I looked this morning..

Comment

They have not responded to the email I sent. I guess my order will be delayed too, because I ordered a week ago. I guess they won't give me the extra 123€ I payed for the mevo+ back... They must be busy, but I really need answers.

Comment

Update... ordered Jan 27th. Just got my UPS notification and tracking number today.. wohoo!

That puts deliver at 4 weeks from order date. Now fingers crossed it shows up before the weekend!

Comment

Ordered on February 6th and just got this back from FS support: "Your order is scheduled to be shipped out mid-late next week"

Comment

Hello, new to this forum and have gotten a lot of great info in the past several weeks prior to joining so thanks to everyone for all that you have posted.

Originally posted by trumb1mj View Post
                    Ordered on February 6th and just got this back from FS support: "Your order is scheduled to be shipped out mid-late next week"
                    I wanted to post yesterday but was waiting for my membership to the forum to be approved and I would like to say first off that I know things happen to cause things to be delayed.
                    I ordered on the 4th of Feb and was originally told my unit expected to ship on or about the 22nd. A week prior to that I initiated a chat on the flightscope web page and was then told the 25th. So then when I checked in again via chat I was then told then 28th. Needless to say I was getting extremely frustrated with all of it. So yesterday I did the chat thing again and once again I was given a different date, the 6th of March and that’s not even definite. I told the agent via the chat that doing business this way is a very poor practice. Customers should not have to go to their website trying to get information on a product that they have paid for several weeks ago. Flightscope should be reaching out to us to keep us informed.

Trumb1mj did you receive an email from flightscope or did you contact them via the website chat?

Sorry for my first post being a bit of a rant.

Comment

• trumb1mj
                      trumb1mj commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I reached out via chat. My understanding is they source parts from China and are affected by the corona virus. I agree, they could message this better.
                  Working...
                  X