Mevo+ Charging vs Overcharging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mevo+ Charging vs Overcharging

When charging the Mevo+, will the unit stop charging when the battery reaches 100%. I understand that when the furthest right light stops blinking that the unit is fully charged. However, do I need to unplug it IMMEDIATELY or is it safe to leave in plugged in and just unplug it when I get around to it. I definitely DON’T want to overcharge the battery and damage the batteries or the unit itself. Thanks in advance.

I can't answer your question explicitly in terms of when it stops drawing power but I can give you my experience.

I've been a bit cautious with the battery situation having heard reports of problems and I've had my unit since roughly the first batch. Generally speaking I run my unit off the battery and charge it immediately after and take off shortly after it has full "bars".

I have ran it off an extension cord a few times for hours at a time, I have forgotten to unplug it overnight charging, I have run it off an external battery a few times and I haven't had any problems. I have used their super short USB cable every time and their power block except when I use the external battery. I have had zero issues being careful but probably not crazy.

Comment

I have mine hooked up to an extension cord and have left it plugged in for the bulk of the time I've had it (roughly 2 weeks now). No issues to report.

Comment

I've had mine plugged in since January, no issues. The battery is about $10 to replace if it does go bad.
        - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Working...
        X