Projector mounting with mevo plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector mounting with mevo plus

Waiting on the mevo+ and getting my sim room complete. Should be done in time for mevo arrival. Trying to decide between floor mount and ceiling mount projector. It seems like floor mount will work better for my area but has anyone Had any issues with floor projectors (in an enclosure) causing interference with mevo plus? Thanks in advance
    chris

Projectors have fans, and fans are one of the things FlightScope cautions against having near the Mevo+ radar field of view. Ceiling mount is always preferable if your room allows it, and moreso with the Mevo+.
    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

GungHoGolf Thanks. Any idea if using the horizontal keystone correction would allow it to be far enough to side to avoid interference?Thanks

Comment

• GungHoGolf
        GungHoGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        That would help, yes. Horizontal keystone comes in varying degrees of freedom, so there's a limit to how offset each projector can be. Since it's a digital alteration of the image, it can cause a noticeable downgrade of the image quality if you're picky. Alway best, if possible given your room dimensions and hitting position, to center-mount the projector on the ceiling and avoid both vertical and horizontal keystone. The safest place in the room for the projector is hanging from the ceiling over the ball-target line.

Thanks again, very good advice.

Comment

I agree ceiling is the way to go if using Mevo+. The mevo+ likes to have a level surface with no obstructions. I wouldn't risk it and put the projector out of sight out of mind attached to ceiling. Best of luck.

Comment

Don’t forget some projectors come with lens shift. This allows the projector to be offset from centre with no loss in resolution/ image quality.

Comment

Dax Any idea what projectors have lens shift? thanks. That would be a big help as I have a led light around the area I’d like to mount it

Comment

• Dax
              Dax commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately I do not, as I have not been in the market for a while. I Believe the Panasonic that a number of bought on here has it, as does some of the Epson’s. I would suggest taking a look at some of the popular ones that have been discussed here and then look up their specs.

The Panasonic and the Epson’s are each over $1500 and believe you would be hard pressed to find lens shift in lower priced projectors unfortunate.

• Wormburner
              Wormburner commented
              Editing a comment
              I use the Epson 5050bu and it has excellent lens shift function. Doe not seem to affect image. It also has zoom capabilities that makes mounting forgiving as well.

GungHoGolf Dax So I’m leaning towards one of the optoma projectors bc they can be mounted at ~7ft and the benq are mounted a little over ten feet and I have a led light at ft which will interfere with projector. Anybody know if the ceiling projector mounted flush with ceiling at 7ft from screen will cause interference with mevo plus? thanks again and sorry for all the questions. Ceiling height is 9’3”
            Last edited by cwuga3; 07-21-2020, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Dax
              Dax commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry for not having an answer for you on this one. I think this question should be asked of Flightscope. It likely will depend on how many feet behind the projector the Mevo plus sits. I recall someone posting earlier that they had no issues, but you should check first. I think o might be the only one who has posted on having a projector fan interfere with my radar and have posted the distances etc that caused the issues on another post about the time Mevo plus was announced as there was some discussion then on the issue as I wanted to ensure no one had the same problem I experienced years ago.

Thanks for feedback. I called flightscope this am and they said I “should be ok” but need to test it out. Also recommended a fanless projector. They were not the most helpful but I may just remove the light I have at ten feet and mount a benq projector there so it is further back and hopefully less likely in field of view

Comment

I asked Flightscope the same question about projector and the best mounting location. There response below.

"You are correct in saying there could be problems with the overhead projectors, but there is a really simple way to resolve the problem. Enclose the projector in a mesh, like i have attached, and the signals from the projector will not affect the Mevo+"

I'm waiting for Mevo+, so can't comment if it works or if needed

Comment

• GungHoGolf
                GungHoGolf commented
                Editing a comment
                Did they tell you the material that mesh is made of? Or a link where to purchase?

• xfactor989
                xfactor989 commented
                Editing a comment
                They did not and I did not ask.

I assume it is basically a Faraday cage, so any conductive metal should work.

I'm getting ready to mount an Optoma 1080 in my ceiling. Three questions:

1) How far from the screen do I need to mount it? 2) Do I need to have a power outlet placed in my ceiling? 3) Do I need to have an HDMI cable that runs from the projector, up through my ceiling, and then down through the wall?

Just trying to make sure I have everything covered.

Comment

Go here to calculate how far to screenhttps://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator-pro.cfm . And yes, would put outlet and get HDMI cord

Comment

Working...
                X