Questions for my new Mevo+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for my new Mevo+

Just got mine in the mail yesterday after about 9 weeks!

First off how on earth do you get it to pick up a putt? I tried everything and it doesn’t know I hit.

Second, my driver distance is off. I’m a consistent 270-300 hitter. My SkyTrak frequently matched those numbers. On the Mevo+ it’s giving me 240 of carry and maybe 255 total. That’s 3w level for me.

For those who have a bay, iPad and projector, how do you get it to present in full screen? I use HDMI on iPad Pro and it loses about 30% of the screen.

Sorry, no ipad here. I am using TGC 2019 and a gaming PC. But I may be able to help with putting. Every environment is a little different. Some people are finding success when they build a bridge and have the Mevo+ the exact same height as the putting surface. Here is what I have found. Currently the Mevo+ does not like long follow throughs. So you can try shortening up the follow through and kind of ground the club after impact. I have been able to get 5 foot putts read quite consistently using this method. If I take my usual putting stroke, it will not pick up a putt shorter than 12 feet. Ideally Flightscope would fix this so I can putt normally. The Mevo + is a new product....hopefully putting is better after the next update.

I found that the driver distance is pretty close....within 5% anyway. I live at a high elevation so my outdoor game goes a little farther than the indoor game. At 3600 feet above sea level, the drives carry about 5% farther. Our fairways are also quite a bit firmer than those at sea level. So we lose a lot of roll indoors. On the TGC 2019, I can set the terrain to firm...so the roll is closer. On the courses around here, you can carry 235 and roll out to 280+ easily. Mevo + has an altitude setting, but it seems that it doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
      Sorry, no ipad here. I am using TGC 2019 and a gaming PC. But I may be able to help with putting. Every environment is a little different. Some people are finding success when they build a bridge and have the Mevo+ the exact same height as the putting surface. Here is what I have found. Currently the Mevo+ does not like long follow throughs. So you can try shortening up the follow through and kind of ground the club after impact. I have been able to get 5 foot putts read quite consistently using this method. If I take my usual putting stroke, it will not pick up a putt shorter than 12 feet. Ideally Flightscope would fix this so I can putt normally. The Mevo + is a new product....hopefully putting is better after the next update.

I found that the driver distance is pretty close....within 5% anyway. I live at a high elevation so my outdoor game goes a little farther than the indoor game. At 3600 feet above sea level, the drives carry about 5% farther. Our fairways are also quite a bit firmer than those at sea level. So we lose a lot of roll indoors. On the TGC 2019, I can set the terrain to firm...so the roll is closer. On the courses around here, you can carry 235 and roll out to 280+ easily. Mevo + has an altitude setting, but it seems that it doesn't work.

I went out again today and same driver issues. I don’t have issue with any other club. It reads my 3w as longer carry&total than my driver which is very very strange. I still have my ST. Maybe I’ll run them both and see what happens

Comment

How does the ball data compare to what you are used to with driver?

I’ve found my M+ pretty spot on with Trackman indoors but I haven’t had mine outside too much yet.

Are you having issues with spin as I’d be surprised if your ball speed or launch angle are off? It’s hard to diagnose without any data parameters you’re seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gresh12 View Post
          How does the ball data compare to what you are used to with driver?

I’ve found my M+ pretty spot on with Trackman indoors but I haven’t had mine outside too much yet.

Are you having issues with spin as I’d be surprised if your ball speed or launch angle are off? It’s hard to diagnose without any data parameters you’re seeing.
          I have a feeling I am doing something wrong setting it up. I was using the range on FS golf today and was getting distance numbers very similar to my real game. Out of nowhere my drives started going way long (320y carry, etc). I grabbed my 7 iron (stock 165-170) and it was going 190. Switched over to the E6 flat range and got shorter than normal driver (240-250).

I did notice that in E6 it wanted me to adjust the angle per the top right icons but it was set to 12 degrees with the provided tool. I was in short indoor mode. Is it supposed to be at something other than 12?

Comment

• Tcwoodrn
            Tcwoodrn commented
            Editing a comment
            I just got it on Saturday so I assume I have the most recent software. I only get the super long carries on FS Golf. E6 seems a little on the short side

• GungHoGolf
            GungHoGolf commented
            Editing a comment
            To fix the long carry bug in the latest version of FS Golf, set your phone or tablet to Airplane mode so weather data won't be used (somehow they have a strong tailwind factored in). FS will be fixing it soon, but that's an immediate fix.

• Tcwoodrn
            Tcwoodrn commented
            Editing a comment
            Even in FS Skills I cant get driver and 3w to give a reasonable distance. Irons are dead on. I will flush a baby draw drive which is a 290+ all day for me and it will call it 250. I’ll flush a 3w which is 250+ all day and it will call it 235. Again irons are in range. It’s very weird.

Originally posted by Tcwoodrn View Post

I have a feeling I am doing something wrong setting it up. I was using the range on FS golf today and was getting distance numbers very similar to my real game. Out of nowhere my drives started going way long (320y carry, etc). I grabbed my 7 iron (stock 165-170) and it was going 190. Switched over to the E6 flat range and got shorter than normal driver (240-250).
          There is a bug in the latest FS Golf app as per an FS support rep when I called yesterday 10/27. They did not go into detail as to what causes it or when it will be fixed. 2 responded to my post about it having to do with wind.

Comment

Working...
          X