Thoughts On Mevo Plus - One Year Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts On Mevo Plus - One Year Later

Close to buying the Flightscope Mevo Plus, but the build and fear of the unit breaking in less than a year is my biggest fear, interested to hear thoughts from owners a year later. Should I wait until Black Friday, or pull the trigger.

We've sold hundreds of them, and have seen problems with only 3 - all of which FlightScope took care of promptly.

Great unit for the price, and they're on sale now through the 5th for $200 off (highly unlikely you'll see a better price during Black Friday).

We have them in stock and ready to ship: https://store.gunghogolf.com/FlightS...evo-p180297324
    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

had 1 for about 1 year - don't regret at all - has dramatically improved my ball striking and scoring. not sure it has done anything for putting or short chipping. the choice between mevo and skytrak often comes down to environmental factors rather than one being better than the other; each have trade-offs.

Comment

I bought one in February and no regrets. I bought it for use as a simulator but tbh it gets its most use at the range. I love that I can have some buddies over on a rainy day and play but in the spring and summer I find it's more fun to use at the range.

That versatility is great. For the price I think it's hard to beat, it's definitely entry level though. Most of the time when I play in the sim it's great but sim play isn't prefect. I have as close to a perfect setup as possible in terms of interference and maybe 10% of putts will go 45 degrees to the right, if you're okay not putting the unit is flawless and is I've used it to test a couple shots against trackman and hd golf and while not prefect especially spin for 16k less its hella close.

Comment

• JakeGeezy
          JakeGeezy commented
          Editing a comment
          Turn straight putt on. It will automatically start the ball straight. If you haven’t done this yet, you’re about to have a ton of fun

I upgraded (in my words) from Skytrak about 16 months ago. I am spoiled in that my friend is a club fitter so I get on Trackman 1-2 times a week but other than the missing data parameters (club path and face) the results are so good compared to Trackman with appropriate ball flight the price differential is shocking.

We’ve done a bunch of tests side by side and the Mevo+ produces effectively the same numbers as the Trackman with 25’ of ball flight. My home setup only has about 9’ of ball flight which does reduce the spin accuracy noticeably though (driver particularly) but I’ve also not tried the Trackman with only 9’ of flight so I’m not sure how much better it would do.

I hope the FS software improves a bit as it’s the weak part in my opinion. It’s functional but likes behind Trackman (granted they charge $1k a year if you want all the features) but even the Skytrak software was better in my opinion.

Only things I really want are club path and face (there’s hints the unit is tracking it but they don’t want to undercut their expensive units by adding it) and upgraded software (including range ball normalization as my range balls are limited flight) to call the Mevo+ perfect at its price range.

Comment

• Darren W
          Darren W commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent post. Love my Mevo+ as well. Being able to hit balls and play golf in the winter (especially a COVID winter) was fantastic.
      Working...
      X