Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blutetooth on gc2 not working?

hey all,

so i tried to play tgc tonight, but realized something was wrong when in gsx "connected" was not showing up for both incoming and outgoing.
    then, i realized, my bluetooth is not working, so my computer won't even detect it. then, i tried to connect via bluetooth on my phone to make sure it wasn't a computer issue, and the gc2 won't show up on my phone either.

i had no bluetooth connection issues even up until last night.

any suggestions??? this is driving me nuts

update: the gc2 will show up on the list of devices occasionally. when i try to connect it will say the device is not responding, try again. or sometimes it i will get to entering the 0000 passkey but then i get the device not responding message again...

Comment

i guess i will just call foresight to get this thing serviced. this sucks... probably going to have to pay that registration transfer fee

Comment

Did your windows update recently? I have windows 10 and the last update messed up my bluetooth. I had to download the Foresight drivers and reinstall to get it to work.

Comment

it did, but i restored to prior to the update. but, my gc2 won't even show up on tablet or phone bluetooth, which makes me think its the gc2 and not the computer?

Comment

unfortunately it sounds like you are correct. if your phone, tablet, and computer can't connect, there's something wrong with the gc2. most likely you'll have to send it back to foresight for them to replace the Bluetooth. There are two last ditch things I would try before sending it back. one, reset the gc2. when powering down, hold the power button through the entire countdown sequence. two, reload the firmware. the recommended firmware is 3.5.1.0 but 4.0.0.15 worked fine for me as well.

Comment

thanks inorkuo, i will try that tonight... i hope it works!!!

Comment

Lol. So good news. Bluetooth works. I called foresight since i had some free time at work because a patiemt no showed. I learned that if there is a bluetooth malfunction, there is usually a message saying it needs serviced in the about screen. They also recommended installing latest firmware. I also learned it would cost me $1000 if i had to get new bluetooth, $500 each for the bluetooth and transfer to new owner. I was really hoping that didnt have to happen. I tried the reset whem i got home but it didn't work. Then i installed the latest firmware and voila, bluetooth started working. I dont understand why this would happen.

so now i have a different issue. I know, i know, 99 problems... but at least a b*tch aint one.

anyway, before with 3.5.x tgc and gc2 carries were off only by 5-10 yards, but now, carries are short by like 10-20 yards in the driving range om tgc compared tp the gc2. Does this sound like something others have experienced?

thanks!

Comment

Good to know that it was just the firmware! Are your distances in TGC shorter now, or are the distances on the GC2 longer? In other words, if you were hitting a 7 iron 150 in TGC and 155 on the GC2 with 3.5, does it still show as 150 in TGC?

3.7 is supposed to be the only version with noticeably shorter distances in TGC as far as I know. You might also try rolling back to 3.5 now. Maybe something was hung up and the firmware update got it unstuck. I can't imagine what hardware would have broken just enough that the old firmware would stop working but new would fix it.

Comment

the distances on TGC are shorter. if i carry my 7 iron 152 on the GC2, TGC said the carry was 138. i had some shots that TGC said the carry was even shorter, some not as short, all on a flat driving range.

i will try to go back to 3.5.1 tonight

Comment

so, i went back to 3.5.1.0, and bluetooth still works. Also, carries in TGC and GC2 are closer again. TGC reads shorter than GC2 on average around 4-6 yards per shot with my 6 iron, with a range of 1-9 yards shorter over about 15 shots. much more manageable, and acceptable, than 10-20 yards short with the 4.0.x firmware.

Comment

that's interesting. can you look at your shot data and see what the difference is between the firmwares? more ball speed, less spin, launch angle?

Comment

Im not home this weekend, but ill rry to look into more when i get back home

Comment

Richdmb how did you install the latest firmware? I'm having the same problem I think - on the bluetooth list in the device manager it doesn't show the GC2 bluetooth at all! No idea why it disappeared. Hoping maybe I can just do a reinstall like you did back in October '17?

Comment

Originally posted by GarryB58 View Post
                              Richdmb how did you install the latest firmware? I'm having the same problem I think - on the bluetooth list in the device manager it doesn't show the GC2 bluetooth at all! No idea why it disappeared. Hoping maybe I can just do a reinstall like you did back in October '17?
                              If I remember correctly, download the firmware file, connect in the gc2 to the computer via USB, then double click the firmware file to run it and it should do it automatically

Comment

Working...
                              X