This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 GSX & ProTee Inteface Setup for TGC and ProTee 2.0

Follow the steps below and in the next few post to initially connect your GC2 to GSX to ProTee Interface. Enjoy!

1: Connect your Bluetooth adapter to your pc's USB port using a USB extension cable. Run the cable into the sim room where the adapter will be as close to the GC2 as possible or within 6 ft of the GC2. After that, install the Bluetooth adapter driver that came in the package.

2: Turn on the GC2. From the right bottom corner of the Taskbar, click the up arrow to show all hidden icons. Select the Bluetooth icon and select Add Devices. See the screen shots below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmgsx1.jpg
Views:	13482
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	16783

Name:	rambo1.jpg
Views:	13248
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	16785

3: If your GC2 does not pair up automatically, click your GC2 device and select Pair. Then enter 0000 and click Next.

Name:	rambo2.jpg
Views:	12557
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	16786
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maverick; 11-25-2014, 11:32 PM.

• Originally posted by mthunt View Post
    I

Is there a reason you haven’t opened a ticket with ProTee? You’d sure save yourself a lot of posting.
    Oh I have...... responses have basically been guiding me through the steps I have already undertaken from the instructions at the beginning of this post. Latest was to check the COM ports....had already done that a long time ago.

As it stands now, they gave me 2 more codes, and 2nd one worked in that I could see TGC (Protee) and not (skytrak)

.... then go back to GSX and can’t slide the tab over now to show connected.

.... just going round in circles

Comment

• Originally posted by CBDBOZ View Post

Oh I have...... responses have basically been guiding me through the steps I have already undertaken from the instructions at the beginning of this post. Latest was to check the COM ports....had already done that a long time ago.

As it stands now, they gave me 2 more codes, and 2nd one worked in that I could see TGC (Protee) and not (skytrak)

.... then go back to GSX and can’t slide the tab over now to show connected.

.... just going round in circles
      If you figure out how to post a picture I’ll take a look. ProTee can remote into your machine.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

• Just to close out, I finally got this to work. Thank you to all those who responded with help and suggestions.

In terms of where the issue was; still not 100% sure as kept trying so many different things - but it could have been something so simple as the GC2 needing to be connected to power or the charge being low at the time I was trying - but ultimately it now works.

Also the COM3 and COM4 were the other way around for me compared to the pic in the instructions.

Couple of rounds under my belt now and a couple more to go before my handicap.!!!

Comment

• anyone had problems accessing the courses on thc mine only seems to have 36 courses maybe i am doing something wrong any ideas would be helpful

Comment

• Originally posted by nickmadgolfer View Post
            anyone had problems accessing the courses on thc mine only seems to have 36 courses maybe i am doing something wrong any ideas would be helpful
            Sounds like you’re not connected to the internet. All but 36 courses are in the cloud.
            My Courses:
            World Par 3's by mthunt
            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
            Weston G&CC by mthunt
            Park CC Lidar mthunt
            The National GC L mthunt
            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
            Markland Woods CC mthunt
            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
            Magna GC L mthunt
            Barrie CC L mthunt
            mthunt Range

Comment

• nickmadgolfer
              nickmadgolfer commented
              Editing a comment
              i am conected to the net just not sure how to access the courses in the cloud

• mthunt
              mthunt commented
              Editing a comment
              On the main dashboard there's a connected button. If you're connected you'll have access to the courses. Once you go into the place where you pick courses you can see them.

• think i get the prize for twat of the month there never was an issue it was just operator error and thanks to jamie at protree all is now well in my sim world but thanks all for the comments and advice

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I'm back after a long hiatus. Trying to get my GC2 to connect to GSX but not having much luck. I know my blue tooth works as I tested with the foresight software. I wonder if I'm missing something obvious.

I could also be that I'm so far behind on updates. Where would I find them.

Thanks

p.s. the bluetooth setting on my computer says outgoing com 5 and incoming com 6, although I don't see these options in GSX
              Last edited by Cklguy2013; 08-17-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• orangeman
                orangeman commented
                Editing a comment
                There's a little scroll bar on the right side of the Com box in GSX - it's not very obvious - hover your mouse. Scroll down for ports greater than 4.

• mthunt
                mthunt commented
                Editing a comment
                Run the installer again and it’ll put the latest version on your PC

• Hey Orangeman, I noticed the scroll bar but it will only allow me to up to Com 3.

Mthunt, I clicked on the link in latest GSX version but didn't go anywhere, so not sure where to find that. All that being said it was updated in late 2017 so I have version 6.7, not sure if there are any updates after that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cklguy2013 View Post
                Hey Orangeman, I noticed the scroll bar but it will only allow me to up to Com 3.

Mthunt, I clicked on the link in latest GSX version but didn't go anywhere, so not sure where to find that. All that being said it was updated in late 2017 so I have version 6.7, not sure if there are any updates after that?
                The download link you got when you bought the software is the installer. It’s nothing to do with GSX. It updates the software to the latest. Your issue isn’t GSX.

In GSX, there’s the slider then there’s a tiny tiny slider next to it that gives you the coms above 3
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

• Hi Guys, Just back to this today. Thanks for your help, Protee sent me an update and I found the slider, so all is good now. Next step is to update to TGC 2019.

Comment

• Once a day in the middle of playing TGC19 the shot will not read across to the game. It shows up fine on the GC2. I open up the GSX and it reads connected on both ports. I disconect the GSX and reconnect and then it brings up the last shot it missed and all is well. Any idea why it is doing this and maybe a fix?

Comment

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds like the Bluetooth is too far or faulty.

• Can anyone please help? So the problem is that I run TGC2019 for 30-45 mins, plays perfect.... Then it times out and the shots stop getting through to TGC. To fix it, I close out of tgc, then restart gsx and it works again for 30-45 min. I have the gsx connected to a power source. I have settings over and over to make sure they are the same as instructed..... Help!!

Comment

• Stingreye
                      Stingreye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Did you try turning off power suspend on USB port under power profiles for windows 10?

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It’s a windows setting

• Guys

As mentioned above
                    The power management has to be turned off for Bluetooth and USB . After doing that the internal bluetooth in my laptop works like a charm...

Comment

• I noticed this thread was started 6 years ago. I am currently in process of buying GC2 and want to make sure that, through Protee, still able to use TGC2019? Thanks for any help. First time Sim buyer.

Comment

• Yes it still works and you will still follow the steps on setup. The asus BT adapter works well.
                        Originally posted by jcbane30 View Post
                        I noticed this thread was started 6 years ago. I am currently in process of buying GC2 and want to make sure that, through Protee, still able to use TGC2019? Thanks for any help. First time Sim buyer.

Comment

Working...
                        X