This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 GSX & ProTee Inteface Setup for TGC and ProTee 2.0

Follow the steps below and in the next few post to initially connect your GC2 to GSX to ProTee Interface. Enjoy!

1: Connect your Bluetooth adapter to your pc's USB port using a USB extension cable. Run the cable into the sim room where the adapter will be as close to the GC2 as possible or within 6 ft of the GC2. After that, install the Bluetooth adapter driver that came in the package.

2: Turn on the GC2. From the right bottom corner of the Taskbar, click the up arrow to show all hidden icons. Select the Bluetooth icon and select Add Devices. See the screen shots below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmgsx1.jpg
Views:	13614
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	16783

Name:	rambo1.jpg
Views:	13375
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	16785

3: If your GC2 does not pair up automatically, click your GC2 device and select Pair. Then enter 0000 and click Next.

Name:	rambo2.jpg
Views:	12671
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	16786
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maverick; 11-25-2014, 11:32 PM.

• Originally posted by johnnyload View Post
    Using the recommended Bluetooth dongle (have it plugged in at least but can’t tell if computer is using that or the internal Bluetooth) on windows 10. Keep getting both incoming and outgoing ports to be the same (both com3). Can’t figure out how to change it. Can’t figure out how to turn off internal Bluetooth without just turning “Bluetooth off” but then I can’t connect at all. So I can’t get gsx to connect (choosing com3 in the gsx settings, just says output connection refused. Previous used tgc on SkyTrak and have all licensed transferred. Any thoughts? Thanks
    Connection refused is not Bluetooth. It is the connection to PT Interface. I imagine you have this working now. If not let me know.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

• Guys - recently purchased TGC2019, downloaded the ProTee Interface. I was able to get GC2 to connect via Bluetooth, but when I go to my desktop to find the GSX icon as instructions state, there is no GSX icon? When I tried to redownload to see did I miss a check box where it says add GSX, it says I cannot as ony one stance of Protee can run. I am also having a hard time with ProTee 3.17b as it spins and say (not responding). Suggestions please as I would really like to get this thing up and running.
      I also noticed when I did a control alt delete to stop the protee from running, it shows as a 32 bit but my Win 10 is 64 bit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scottygolf View Post
        Guys - recently purchased TGC2019, downloaded the ProTee Interface. I was able to get GC2 to connect via Bluetooth, but when I go to my desktop to find the GSX icon as instructions state, there is no GSX icon? When I tried to redownload to see did I miss a check box where it says add GSX, it says I cannot as ony one stance of Protee can run. I am also having a hard time with ProTee 3.17b as it spins and say (not responding). Suggestions please as I would really like to get this thing up and running.
        I also noticed when I did a control alt delete to stop the protee from running, it shows as a 32 bit but my Win 10 is 64 bit?
        When you run the install you install TGC, ProTee Interface and Golf Sim Exchange. Run it again and install GSX. That's Golf Sim Exchange. Follow the instructions above exactly or it'll never work. You need a key for ProTee and TGC. You can left click PT Interface once and it'll open it then click exit to exit.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

• Originally posted by mthunt View Post

When you run the install you install TGC, ProTee Interface and Golf Sim Exchange. Run it again and install GSX. That's Golf Sim Exchange. Follow the instructions above exactly or it'll never work. You need a key for ProTee and TGC. You can left click PT Interface once and it'll open it then click exit to exit.
          It is not letting me reinstall the Protee as it states installed. I have TGC installed with everything states the codes are correct. Are you suggesting I uninstall and start all over and download and reinstall?
          Also - in looking at the install of Golf Sim installer setup, there is only one file checked, The Golf Club Simulator and nothing else.

Not sure what to do next.
          Last edited by Scottygolf; 02-11-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• I uninstalled everything to start from zero. Downloaded the files by using the links in my welcome email. Both TGC2019 & Protee Interface and the installed and have icons on my desktop. There is no GSX icon on the desktop as directions state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scottygolf View Post
              I uninstalled everything to start from zero. Downloaded the files by using the links in my welcome email. Both TGC2019 & Protee Interface and the installed and have icons on my desktop. There is no GSX icon on the desktop as directions state.
              Try this. It should be in the email.

My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

• After battling the software and getting everything going, I AM IN! Graphics look great just have to play with the features. Thanks again for the assistance. This game is much harder than the Foresight tracks.

Comment

• I went to login tonight and I can't seem to get GSX to open up. The program opens up, but when I try to actually expand the window to use it, I am not allowed to do anything. When I right click, the only option is to minimize, but won't allow me to try to stretch open the screen or even maximize. I have also tried Window and Arrow...

Attached Files

Comment

• So GC2 to arrive Monday, have Protee/GSX and TGC2019 ready to go. My question is whether bluetooth from the PC will work to connect to GC2 vs having to buy the adapter? Also, I assume to connect GC2 to PC over USB is an alternate option? Appreciate any support!

Comment

• Instron4204
                      Instron4204 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have an Asus BT500 plugged into my desktop and my GC2 situated ~6ft away. No issues with drop out. I would highly recommend if you are having any issues. Enjoy the GC2, I for sure have been.

• midpoint221
                      midpoint221 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      curious I've been waiting on my gc2 it was supposed to come 2 weeks ago but they had a delay. How long have you been waiting for yours? I ordered like 4/4 or something.

• I bought a CPO unit from Foresight Canada - they had it in stock, ordered Wednesday/shipped today.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwil View Post
                      So GC2 to arrive Monday, have Protee/GSX and TGC2019 ready to go. My question is whether bluetooth from the PC will work to connect to GC2 vs having to buy the adapter? Also, I assume to connect GC2 to PC over USB is an alternate option? Appreciate any support!
                      I have a USB interface. You can USB or Bluetooth.
                      My Courses:
                      World Par 3's by mthunt
                      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                      Weston G&CC by mthunt
                      Park CC Lidar mthunt
                      The National GC L mthunt
                      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                      Markland Woods CC mthunt
                      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                      Magna GC L mthunt
                      Barrie CC L mthunt
                      mthunt Range

Comment

• Hi - so I have the GC2 connected via bluetooth but for whatever reason the com port is not displayed in my device manager. I see incoming and outgoing as per the image above but com port column is empty. I tried com 1-4 but I always end up with Status Input Disconnected. The output connected.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by gwil View Post
                        Hi - so I have the GC2 connected via bluetooth but for whatever reason the com port is not displayed in my device manager. I see incoming and outgoing as per the image above but com port column is empty. I tried com 1-4 but I always end up with Status Input Disconnected. The output connected.

Any ideas?
                        In windows settings, go to bluetooth then click more bluetooth settings and com ports. Outgoing is what you want. It should be there. In GSX there's a tiny slider to slide to more com ports.
                        My Courses:
                        World Par 3's by mthunt
                        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                        Weston G&CC by mthunt
                        Park CC Lidar mthunt
                        The National GC L mthunt
                        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                        Markland Woods CC mthunt
                        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                        Magna GC L mthunt
                        Barrie CC L mthunt
                        mthunt Range

Comment

• My windows 10 pc won't see the GC2. I've been trying everything I can find online to remedy it, updated drivers, unistalled and reinstalled drivers. I have the BT dongle it picks up everything. I know my GC2 is putting out bluetooth my phone can pick it up I'm completely lost on what to do. I've disabled my other bluetooth adapter, followed all threads I can find. Really want to pick up TGC eventually. Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by midpoint221 View Post
                            My windows 10 pc won't see the GC2. I've been trying everything I can find online to remedy it, updated drivers, unistalled and reinstalled drivers. I have the BT dongle it picks up everything. I know my GC2 is putting out bluetooth my phone can pick it up I'm completely lost on what to do. I've disabled my other bluetooth adapter, followed all threads I can find. Really want to pick up TGC eventually. Any ideas?
                            If the phone can connect then it has to be the Bluetooth dongle. I have another interface if you want to connect using USB.

Use this instead of GSX.

My Courses:
                            World Par 3's by mthunt
                            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                            Weston G&CC by mthunt
                            Park CC Lidar mthunt
                            The National GC L mthunt
                            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                            Markland Woods CC mthunt
                            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                            Magna GC L mthunt
                            Barrie CC L mthunt
                            mthunt Range

Comment

• Jay28
                              Jay28 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Great alternative to GSX.
                              Thanks for making it.

• tlrcash
                              tlrcash commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Do I have to do anything special to get the USB interface to work with shot recording? I’m making the switch from SkyTrak, and while I have shots registering in TGC, they aren’t being recorded. I didn’t change any settings in the text file.

I’ve seen posts referencing configuring a tolerance range for putts using GSX. Does the USB interface have an equivalent setting?

• mthunt
                              mthunt commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Your shot recording will work fine. It just won't show the settings in the interface but there are no settings in the interface so it's moot.
                          Working...
                          X