Ebay GC2 protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay GC2 protector

I just received my GC2 protector from ebay and the top hole isn't close to lining up with the flash/camera and the GC2 itself slides around inside the case. When looking at the pictures on ebay, the top hole is much higher than mine. This part is not upside down when assembled.

For others who have this, are you noticing the same thing?

This is the one I just got.

I just bought one too from that ebay vendor Used just once yesterday and I had a middle round failure to read shot issue. I have that problem anyways show up before so I don't think it's the new case but not sure.
    1# incidentally can you comment on what you think that might be failing to read shot suddenly even though when I exit out it says the gc2 is connected?
    2# send me pictures of what you're referring to on the case let me see what I have. I feel like I paid 145 bucks for a house of cards, like literally those cheap plastic pieces just stack like playing cards. That's not what I imagined I was going to be getting

Comment

The GC2 metal case is pretty much bullet proof unless you run over it with your car.. The thing I notice on yours is there is no cutout for the led array on the top of the case

Comment

I would have paid for the metal one. One I have I think will be adequate but it's laughable and sexy like a sewer

Comment

If I were to do it over again, I would never have gone with this. The GC2 doesnt fit in it very well. I had to add foam pieces to keep it centered side to side and fore and aft. Also, it says there are pieces that are 1/4", none of mine are. The top hole that goes in front of the cameras was out of position, they have since sent me a new one that has better hole alignment, although it is still not perfectly centered. Not sure how you can mess that up, it's very easy to measure center of hole to center of hole. See pic, for misalignment.

Comment

Yeah this thing sucks. Did you leave the blue plastic on the pieces on purpose? I think they're supposed to come off at first I was dismayed and then removed mine it's much clearer

Comment

They are all removed now. I left it on because i was considering returning it if they were not going to send me the correct lens. Honestly, I should have just built my own out of wood and lexan. Would have been way cheaper and a better fit. Might not looked as nice, but my sim is in the garage, so for me it's all about function.

I do like the ability to tilt the screen which I don't think is possible with the metal cage, but the metal cage is probably the best way to go.

Originally posted by 72solstice View Post
              Yeah this thing sucks. Did you leave the blue plastic on the pieces on purpose? I think they're supposed to come off at first I was dismayed and then removed mine it's much clearer

Comment

You know I saw a picture of that how do you tilt the screen?

Comment

• wbond
                  wbond commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is an opening on the underside, you can push it up from there and then there is a lever that flips out to keep it in place. I didn't know it existed until I saw this case.

Originally posted by wbond View Post
                They are all removed now. I left it on because i was considering returning it if they were not going to send me the correct lens. Honestly, I should have just built my own out of wood and lexan. Would have been way cheaper and a better fit. Might not looked as nice, but my sim is in the garage, so for me it's all about function.

I do like the ability to tilt the screen which I don't think is possible with the metal cage, but the metal cage is probably the best way to go.

You are correct you can't tilt the screen. Also the case blocks off a bit of the LCD output. However unless you are running stand alone it doesn't matter since everything appears on the computer and/or projection screen at least if you are using Foresight software like FR1 or FSX. I would imagine the same is also true for other sim programs since with the exception of the carry distance everything else would be required for simulation computation of the ball flight.

Comment

This may be more suitable for protection, iron material, sturdy, led array window small golf ball diameter, safe, can contact me if needed😊

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin
                    This may be more suitable for protection, iron material, sturdy, led array window small golf ball diameter, safe, can contact me if needed😊
                    Does that case have a slot on the side to allow the HMT arm to mount to it and still use the case?

Comment

This can be solved, customized bracket insertion port for hmt

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin View Post
                        I am interested. I’ve considered the Foresight metal cage (“shank tank”), but was turned off by the price.

Comment

Working...
                        X