No announcement yet.

Finally - Pebble Beach for FSX reduced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally - Pebble Beach for FSX reduced!

I’ve been holding off buying Pebble Beach for a long time based on the price.
    I was hoping that they would have a US Open offer on. Not quite as good as I was hoping - but all 3 courses for $500 is probably too good to turn down!

If anyone hasn’t seen the email...

Pebble Beach single course - $300

Pebble Beach suite (3 courses) - $500

Pebble Beach suite plus FSX upgrade - $1000

Who gets these emails? All registered users in the states?

Comment

• p3eps
      p3eps commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure... but it’s on their Facebook page too now.

Now wayyyyyy, man am I spoiled with tgc2019!

Comment

Originally posted by p3eps View Post
      I’ve been holding off buying Pebble Beach for a long time based on the price.
      I was hoping that they would have a US Open offer on. Not quite as good as I was hoping - but all 3 courses for $500 is probably too good to turn down!

If anyone hasn’t seen the email...

Pebble Beach single course - $300

Pebble Beach suite (3 courses) - $500

Pebble Beach suite plus FSX upgrade - $1000
      Did you end up pulling the trigger on this? I am considering it as well.

Comment

Can you post a link to this deal? Thanks.

Comment

Go to the online store and here's the deal

BIRDIE - Code: USOPEN1 - PB $350
          EAGLE = Code: USOPEN2 - PB, SG, SB - $500
          ALBATROSS - Code: USOPEN3 - PB, SG, SB and FSX2018 upgrade - $1000

Comment

Does anyone already have Pebble Beach on both FSX and TGC19 .... if so, how do they compare?

Comment

Is pebble beach even on tgc2019?

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                Wizard of Coz commented
                Editing a comment
                Tgc2019 has 1000s of courses. Hmmm do you have cypress point? Cabot cliffs? Fishers island? Tobacco road? Augusta national? Firestone cc? Erin hills? Arcadia bluffs? Pine valley oakmont pinehurst oakland hills muirfield whistling straits riviera bethpage black fingers getting tired but I certainly could outlast fsx library.

If you consider the number of courses available on TGC 2019 right now and also every day new Lidar courses are appearing and look at what TGC 2019 cost. Then consider what FSX cost and the number of new top quality courses appearing every day (zero), it makes FSX look ridiculous in a direct sim golf comparison.
              There are aspects of FSX that are good with regard to practice mode, but for me the endless choice of courses within TGC 2019 at no additional cost trumps the advantages that FSX may have in practice mode.
              In reality the option of a full course library in FSX which would be beyond financial reach for the average person and would still have less course options available than in TGC 2019 . I only have the standard 5 FSX courses so can't comment on the quality of the "premium courses " that Foresight offer but I really could not imagine that they are significantly better than the Lidar courses we are now getting FOC , courtesy of some great designers, that look and play fantastically.
              When you look at the total cost of a Foresight FSX full library vs TGC 2019 growing every day library there is simply no contest referencing bang for buck.
              The current Pebble offer is £500.00 in the UK for only 3 courses, I did not pay too much more than that for my lifetime TGC license and then got the 2019 upgrade free. Foresights software is vastly overpriced and the worst thing is that they don't fix known issues , there is a long list of problems with the software but I don't think they are going to get fixed before they drop support for FSX 2018 and focus their energy on selling the next half baked version.
              I like my GC2 and HMT hardware it is really very good though also expensive, but Foresights software is overpriced and buggy , and dealing with that organisation is unpleasant at best.

Comment

As already posted here if you want to play golf courses get TGC, if you want to practice then get FSX. If you have money buy both. The one issue I have with TGC is that the gsx interface needs improving, sometimes it simply won’t connect, had this issue on 4 different laptops so it’s an interface issue with the gsx software. Only option to connect is a reboot which has forced me to buy a few Foresight golf courses as sometimes I just want to power up projector and laptop and play 9 holes quickly without issues. HMT is a waste of money with TGC as it doesn’t display HMT data. I would like the quad to be able to work with TGC as I would like to upgrade the GC2 for bigger hitting area and to use outside, maybe one day there will be a solution but if not TGC and FSX is best solution these days.

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
                  JackedUpSwing commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How is HMT a waste of money with TGC? The data is always available on the GC2 screen...

• Thematrix
                  Thematrix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Basic info on screen, if I have HMT connected I want full data. I’ve taken the Foresight performance course, once you complete the course you want access to all HMT data. The course is recommended if you have $300 spare dollars.

As an HMT owner, I wanted full HMT data shown on every shot in the simulation. This ruled out TGC for me.

Ended up upgrading to Quad with FSX anyways.

Comment

• Thematrix
                  Thematrix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I will probably buy quad sometime this year, full hmt data on every shot would be great.

• andygg1986
                  andygg1986 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thematrix, with a GC2 and HMT you can run FSX on USB on one monitor and play TGC2019 with bluetooth on a second one. Then you can see club data on the FSX monitor on every shot. One reason club data isn't sent to TGC is that the club data doesn't get calculated and transmitted for 2-3 seconds after the ball data appears. In TGC you send ball and club data together. So to get club data you are stuck with a delay for the ball to start moving which isn't great from a user experience standpoint. FSX shows the shot immediately when the ball data is calculated. You don't see the club data screen until after the ball has stopped moving, at which point that data is ready.

ProTee 2.0 software much cheaper, over 100 courses and practice mode is great being able to play any shout on any from anywhere too. Its the same as the original FSX!

Comment

• Thematrix
                  Thematrix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Is the Protee 2.0 courses not included in TGC?

No You can buy TGC and Protee 2.0 or just TGC or Just ProTee. Better value buying both if you do not have either.
                The Protee 2.0 is what FSX is. No sourses to buy as they are all on it.
                You can email me at jamie@proteeuk.co.uk for more info.

Comment

If you search TGC for Protee all the courses as far as I know come up in older version of TGC, I’m not sure if they were ported over to new version of TGC as I don’t play them. Protee software was good but TGC took it over with more courses and course designer. Still has the downfall of only displaying ball data if you are using the software outside Protee sensor setup.

Comment

For those with pebble and the SGH/links, do you feel quality is that much better than the other standard courses? Are they all fun to play?

Comment

Working...
                    X