Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @graham camm (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - Sony Open in Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - The American Express playing 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer)thursday - 6487y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...erican-express
See more
See less

new FW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new FW

There is a new fw for GCquad

If anyone has upgraded please let us know if TGC still works with this fw

Firmware v3.0.5.1 Update Notes:
    • Improved Spin Data Capture for GCQuad

https://spaces.hightail.com/receive/tUwJzIeczG

I decided to revert back to my previous FW. I couldn't keep the wifi stable for FSX. Sometimes disconnecting every few seconds and not reconnecting but still showing it connected. Reverted back and it fired up right away no disconnects.

Comment

Originally posted by -MG- View Post
      I decided to revert back to my previous FW. I couldn't keep the wifi stable for FSX. Sometimes disconnecting every few seconds and not reconnecting but still showing it connected. Reverted back and it fired up right away no disconnects.
      Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hold tight
        My Courses:
        Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
        London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
        Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
        Twin Peaks Desert Fictional
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
        National GC of Canada RCR
        Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range Fictional
        The Meadows 5047 mthunt Fictional

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          disregard above

I'm working on something that'll fix this.
        My Courses:
        Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
        London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
        Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
        Twin Peaks Desert Fictional
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
        National GC of Canada RCR
        Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range Fictional
        The Meadows 5047 mthunt Fictional

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ma View Post

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
          I probably jumped the gun. Still having connection issues on WiFi. Going to use the new GQSX and not worry about it and use USB

Comment

Originally posted by -MG- View Post

I probably jumped the gun. Still having connection issues on WiFi. Going to use the new GQSX and not worry about it and use USB
            haha. but do you feel like you are missing anything by reverting back to the old fw?

Comment

So, apparently it is not just me having wifi issues! It used to be rock solid, but after the FW update, I have been experiencing a lot of drops.

Comment

I haven't seen any dropped WiFi issues using the GQSX2 and TGC 2019 and I have played for hours. Are you having issues with FSX 2020 dropping over WiFi? I can try playing a round with FSX tonight to verify.

Comment

I used to only connect via usb, but recently moved my gaming pc further from the Quad. When I used wifi before, I never really had an issue. I only needed wifi for when I played TGC and that was pretty rare---but I never had a disconnect. When I moved my gaming pc, it was the same day the new FW was released. Ever since the new FW update, I have had intermittent wifi issues playing FSX2020 and E6. Just installed GQSX2 and it worked great via usb. (I ended up purchasing a 26' usb cord so I could connect via usb again. Cord is working great!) This new GQSX2 will probably make me play TGC more now that it is so easy to get up and running.

Comment

• Critzblank
                    Critzblank commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There have been issues where, with two wifi connections, the connection to either the Quad or internet would bind to the other wifi connection giving both connection to the same device (either Quad or laptop). This happened when I tried the registry hack posted elsewhere so I removed the registry key setting and now the connections stay put.

• Gawlfa
                    Gawlfa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That makes sense as it appeared to be shifting the wifi connection between wifi #1 and wifi #2 back and forth from Internet to Quad and vice versa.
                Working...
                X