Foresight rep expects me to rebuy fsx2020 on a trade gc2-quad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foresight rep expects me to rebuy fsx2020 on a trade gc2-quad

I already have gc2/hmt with fsx2020 but was curious and considering a quad if the price was right.

The rep gets all my info, serial numbers etc, and says he will check trade in price. He hasn’t responded with a trade in yet, but he quoted 14k for ball data, 18k with club..software is compulsory..

They know I already have the software?!! I’m not worried about trade in, I can sell it out my own... just scratching head on this sales rep about software..

Rep updated that if I trade in the gc2 I don’t have to buy fsx2020. If I just buy the quad then I have to buy the software?!?
    Last edited by fortysixandtwo; 02-12-2021, 05:21 PM.

Doesn’t sound right, the team there usually takes great care of my viewers. I would be happy to try and help, shoot me an email. Cheers, Jay

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
      Wizard of Coz commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds like par 4 the course to me unfortunately. Hopefully they reconsider.

That’s pretty lame if you already have fsx2020 and you have to buy it again. Maybe the sales rep misunderstood that you already own it? Or maybe he thought that if you sold it on your own he may have assumed you were going to sell the gc2 and the license with it? But yeah sounds like the quoted price includes the quad $11k, and the license $3k
    Last edited by Sixmudd; 02-12-2021, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Here’s my guess based on a past experience I saw with a Foresight sales rep...

FS ask/push the reps to buy a certain amount of stock each sales period, so I reckon he’s already bought the GCQ and the software that goes with each unit. He can’t do anything with the license (unless they take it back from him) so if you buy the Quad he needs you to buy FSX with it.

It’s just a guess, but this relatively new sales approach of forcing you to buy FSX with the Quad would go some way to explaining. When I bought my Quad two years ago you didn’t need to buy FSX and when I did get it a few months later, the rep simply sorted the license key through FS (he wasn’t holding them).

Of course if I’m wrong, then that’s just bizarre and you need to speak directly to someone at FS or another rep in your country.

Comment

fortysixandtwo - what country are you in? If you are in the CONUS, can you not just order on line without the software, have your license/courses transferred then sell the GC2 privately?

Comment

Originally posted by jasonreg View Post
          fortysixandtwo - what country are you in? If you are in the CONUS, can you not just order on line without the software, have your license/courses transferred then sell the GC2 privately?
          Interestingly I tried doing this when I was ordering my quad - didn’t want fsx2020 because I was going to just use tgc2019 with it to start. But the foresight site makes you buy the license too at the same time. So I just ended up getting it through a foresight dealer with license. It’s a good idea though if other dealer sites allow for it.

Comment

I’ve been speaking with a sales rep directly at foresight..ironically it’s the one who handled my gc2/hmt purchase in July. I feel like they’re trying to strong arm me into trading in the gc2 for the quad instead of me selling used here or somewhere else...all while hanging this attached software license to the deal. It’s just a bizarre notion that they would try to force the situation on a previous customer who already has fsx2020...and would just attach the quad to it...anyway I’m trying to get it resolved higher up the chain..

Comment

• AdamV
              AdamV commented
              Editing a comment
              100% I think that’s what it is. If you trade the GC2 then in the background they’ll transfer your existing FSX license over to the Quad and package up the Quad FSX license with the GC2.

Their policy is software stays with each unit and they want a transfer fee for used owner purchases. The only way to guarantee that is making you trade in or your getting another license with the new purchase. They do not want anyone getting the software for free. I agree with you that you’re a loyalty customer and they should provide some incentive to stick with their brand. Only problem is they have no shortage of buyers right now and no reason to change their policy. There have been a ton of posts about it lately.

Comment

• AdamV
              AdamV commented
              Editing a comment
              Losing loyal customers with high disposable income is a dumb business strategy, no matter what the market is doing in the short-term. In what is becoming a highly competitive and disrupted market, Foresight products are not so leading edge that they can afford to pull crap like this.

I’m keen to hear how it gets resolved. If they pulled this crap on me I’d buy a TrackMan, or an EYE XO if I was happy with a fixed install. .

Following to see how this works out....... I am considering a quad but I would rather not buy FSX again.

Wonder if it would make a difference if you pitched your purchase closer to the end of the month ? Dont know if reps work on commision or not.

Comment

The last email I got was if I trade in the gc2, I wouldn’t have to get fsx again..

Comment

• Gawlfa
                Gawlfa commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't remember seeing the trade-in value they offered. Does the trade-in value for the GC2 include a credit for already owning FSX? (Did they increase the trade-in value to account for you owning the software already?) If so, then this should not be a problem.

They offered 3k for the gc2, and 500 off the quad. Oh 2500 for the hmt..

They won’t sell a quad without fsx to a gc2 owner who owns fsx unless you trade up..

9 week lead time to get one...
              Last edited by fortysixandtwo; 02-18-2021, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fortysixandtwo View Post

They won’t sell a quad without fsx to a gc2 owner who owns fsx unless you trade up..
                I would talk to a different rep and tell them you want to add a quad to your current setup so you can hit lefty/righty without moving a launch monitor. Maybe they'll budge on the FSX requirement and you can sell your GC2 which you will get much more than $3500 for.
                Last edited by GarnetGolf; 02-18-2021, 02:01 AM.

Comment

May I ask what your turn around total cost is to make the switch ??

Looking at your numbers, looks like their offer is around $9000 in credits to you.

Comment

Originally posted by fortysixandtwo View Post

9 week lead time to get one...
                    They will sell it without FSX if you own it already. The problem is their “policies” aren’t consistent from rep to rep. Some allow you to transfer FSX when selling hardware and paying a transfer fee. Some say “can’t transfer software”.

Pressure them. Tell them the software is licensed to you, a human, not tied to a piece of hardware. You are permitted to use any foresight device with that FSX license, not just the one you originally bought with the software. Just keep pushing.

Comment

Avoid George Hughes if you get a foresight rep...

Comment

Working...
                      X