Gc4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gc4

one the local pro shops told me they recently demo'd the new GC4 last week. It has the GC2 and HMT integrated into one unit. He said it's pretty slick and has four cameras now. Release in February 2017. Looks like my GC2 and HMT will be on the market soon.

So, my initial response is that they'll put out an incredible device. $18k... is that base (pretty sure I know the answer to that one), plus software? So $20k with software? Mmmmmmmm. About $6k over the GC2/HMT. Higher frame rates? Awesome! How much will that improve on the current hardware? I guess we'll see. Larger footprint? Eh, the current 4 camera combo isn't tiny; question is how much larger? Convenience: I like that I can actually take a small footprint (GC2) with me and have the option of bringing the HMT. Again, this is all relative. I'm sure the GCQ will make most of us drool. But ALL of this stuff is so expensive. I digress... I started with the ES-12. 🙄. Then I found this stoooooooopid forum!!! Lol. Love this stuff. I need help! Is there a number I can call? Golf has ruined my life!
    Last edited by Point280; 11-19-2016, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Just released for Pre sale to me as a new GC2-HMT owner. One unit, better connection (wifi), better battery and better field of ball view. Not sure about price yet but they are allowing trade ins. Also I'm not sure of actual performance differences. I may trade in my GC2-HMT or just sell here. Ping me if interested.

Comment

Was sent this picture today

Last edited by Ryan5508; 01-06-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

nice looking unit
          Last edited by aeroburner; 01-06-2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Looks pretty cool! So, without seeing the actual specs and real world comparisons to the GC2/HMT, an incredible difference in accuracy, over already proven products, would have to be the case before I would consider the switch. Obviously the price point is crucial. Let's see trade-in and non-trade in price points. Battery life? Meh... that's purely personal preference -- I don't have the need for more than the current four to five hours of battery life on my combo. Wifi...? not a selling point to me. I realize there are those who experience Bluetooth issues, but a proper adapter handles that just fine. I also like the fact that I can opt to bring my HMT along or not (although this unit appears to be comparable in size to a GC2 unit alone).

I'm not gonna lie; looks pretty cool. So for me, the main factors are accuracy vs. existing products, and price point. Oh, question... How about the need for club face markers? Any indication? Kinda interesting how the cameras would read the club face based on the photo. Maybe there are side cameras, or there are cameras angled which can't be readily seen in the picture that would pick up the club head? That might be a huge selling point.

Comment

that thing looks alien like. it looks top heavy from that pic. looking forward to hearing about it.

Comment

This is the link in the e-mail I received
                Shop our GCQuad today and experience precise data, unrivaled accuracy, and advanced features with the launch monitor technology. Invest in your potential.

Six years after introducing the revolutionary GC2, Foresight Sports has once again pushed the boundaries of innovation to create the most accurate, versatile and game-changing launch monitor available today. See the story behind the most advanced launch monitor ever.

Comment

• Joko
                  Joko commented
                  Editing a comment
                  that 4 dot club marker is new, it seems?

Originally posted by Ryan5508 View Post
                Was sent this today

Whoa, way cool , how did you get that sent to you????? I didn;t think they were released yet??

Comment

Just the picture of it

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Comment

these do not release till the spring its a pic you can put a deposit down and get on the list for the purchase

Comment

Willing to bet a crapload that it wont ever work with TGC. Im sure they stupidly made sure of that

Comment

Betting your right.

Comment

How much for the trade in are they giving you? Plus like others have said I sure it stopped tgc. But anyone know for certain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

I have an inquiry on on cost and trade in but have heard nothing back yet. I assume they sent everyone the same email and are flooded right now.

Comment

I have already put my deposit down and locked mine in did this a couple days ago

Comment

Working...
                              X