Gc4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gc4

one the local pro shops told me they recently demo'd the new GC4 last week. It has the GC2 and HMT integrated into one unit. He said it's pretty slick and has four cameras now. Release in February 2017. Looks like my GC2 and HMT will be on the market soon.

I know the guy I talked to said they were currently in three different litigations against the use of TGC.

My guess is at this point for them the GC2 is not worth fighting over TGC with. The newer system is probably a different story. The FSX software is a lot of money for them.

Comment

sorry but a lot of assumptions and opinions here Col, and no facts to base this on. we will just have to wait and see
      Last edited by aeroburner; 01-08-2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

TGC doesn't even list or support the gc2 but JNPG advertises gc2 use. Wouldn't that be more of a law suit? It's funny how much the law suit has been discussed on this forum. One guy at one point, who was likely from foresight, argued with Bubba that everyone using a gc2 with ProTee was committing a crime and it would be shut down and ProTee would be forced to stop. That was like 3 years ago.

I was also told it won't connect to third party software. I don't think it's anymore accurate so im out.

Aero is right. Wait and see.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

My Foresight rep knows I have TGC and ProTee, as we discussed it all when I bought FSX from him.
          He also said it won't work with 3rd party software anymore.
          As above - we'll only REALLY know when someone tries it. Personally, it wouldn't bother me - as I don't use TGC anymore anyway. I wish I'd saved myself $2000 and just bought FSX from the start!

Comment

My rep knows also that in addition to FSX, I also have TGC & E6 thanks to the ProTee interface. I wasn't try to upset anybody here, I just asked him honestly if the new LM would accommodate these softwares, and he simply told me FSX only. I agree will you all that we should wait and see once released. I'm just trying to protect someone who would upgrade expecting TGC or JNPG to work immediately, as this is a rather large purchase.
            Personally, I want it to work with the other softwares and agree that we need to wait and see. What was told to me could be just a canned response, but I can wait to see how it plays out after the PGA show. I'm more interested at this point at the ball only vs. full data GCQ.

Comment

I was told the same thing. FSX only. Fine by me as that's what I use. I have my deposit in. Delivery late feb.

Comment

Good for you RCorsa! Very Jealous. At this point I can't afford it, but with all the preorders, I am not worried because the GCQuad will be around for quite some time, just like the GC2 is and still will be.

Comment

Keep in mind that works and supports are often not the same thing. Technically the GC2 doesn't support TGC but it works. I still haven't seen a spec that shows bluetooth on the GC4 though so who knows. I'll tell you what though, what I've seen so far I see zero reason to pre-order. They are giving below re-sale values for the devices/software and no discount on the pre-order. So, get raped on your trade-in and pay full retail for the brand new device and you still have to wait. For what? Why not just wait, get the facts on the unit, sell your equipment privately and try to get a discount on the new unit when they have a sale? So what if you have to wait a year to get it.

Comment

Some people have more money to burn than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba22 View Post
                      Some people have more money to burn than others.
                      Suprising for that kind of $ you still need stickers, no color led screen and it looks very fragile.

Comment

Actually the unit is reportedly tough enough not to need a cover but then again I bought a cover for my GC2 and finally ditched it as I never hit the thing?

About the the screen, it is supposed to be super bright with great contrast to see in direct sunlight. A color LCD couldn't have that amount of contrast. OLED maybe but that would add at least a grand to the price.

Thanks Col. Kind of an impulse buy I know many wouldn't agree with but compared to my car fetish, golf is cheep. Lol.

Comment

I eas told by rep Quad will have wifi

Comment

Originally posted by sprigs View Post
                            I eas told by rep Quad will have wifi
                            See post 43... WiFi, Bluetooth and Ethernet.

Comment

I'll buy a HMT if someone ones to sell one !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From my rep

GCQuad features and capabilities
                                1. Quadrascopic camera system – (4) camera capture capability that measures both ball and club together real-time
                                2. Sleek technological design – cool and sexy
                                3. Increased accuracy – the tolerances have been cut in half (example +/-50rpm is cut to +/-25rpm)
                                4. Expanded hitting zone - for ball lock and capture 18”x14”
                                5. Auto altitude adjustment – Built-in barometer that measures real-time barometric pressure, then adjusts the data output to correct distance based on altitude
                                6. Auto alignment – capable of out aligning to target-line
                                7. Auto-leveling – Built-in accelerometer for auto-leveling
                                8. Advanced LCD data display screen – capable of data visibility in the brightest and direct sun light
                                9. Internal IR light source - No flash unit required
                                10. Lithium battery – easy to change out and charge
                                11. Expanded connectivity – Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Ethernet – Data and power can run via the Ethernet cable connection
                                12. Protective housing – built-in protective body armor
                                13. Beaver-tail base design - Stable base platform for outdoor use
                                14. 2 year warranty – optimized performance for enhanced functionality.

Comment

Working...
                                X