TGC & GC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC & GC2

Just setting up a GC2 simulator. Looking to add software. GC2 firmware is updated to 4.0.015 ... now need to add software last remaining piece to the puzzle. Heard the stories about TGC not being compatible ... but will work if you pay foresight 995$ fee... interesting business plan. Anyway anyone have the link to the instructions, also does anyone know if having firmware 4.0015 cause TGC not to work with GC2?
    Last edited by isammase; 01-14-2017, 03:48 AM. Reason: add tags

Originally posted by Pharmer Ron View Post
    The same thing just happened to me. I got to hole 11 and the TGC stopped reading shots. I shut everything down and restarted but the status input in GSX will not connect. I have the Anus Bluetooth adapter within inches of the GC2 and my computer is paired with the GC2. What is going on here?
    Lol. Because you bought the knock off brand of BT adapter!

Comment

• Ryan5508
      Ryan5508 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those anus adapters never work right

The same thing just happened to me. I got to hole 11 and the TGC stopped reading shots. I shut everything down and restarted but the status input in GSX will not connect. I have the Anus Bluetooth adapter within inches of the GC2 and my computer is paired with the GC2. What is going on here?
    Before screwing with ANY settings. If the input is not on but was working previously:
    1) Turn off the conect toggle in GSX
    2) Hit a ball that registers on the gc2
    3) Turn the switch back on

Repeat 2-3 times until it connects. It has worked for me 100% of the time since I started doing that. As far as shutting down mid round. Alt tab to gsx. Check input, if it says input off. Turn off connection, hit a ball on your gc2, hit the connect on button. If you have an input connection, alt tab back into the back and away you go.

I have had my battery on my gc2 go out mid round and its a simply alt tab disconnect, connect, go back to playing 40 seconds later. No need to turn off TGC or even the protee interface.

Comment

Delete the gc2 from Bluetooth then reconnect it. That usually works. Check your ports too.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

Hello, I have tried everything imaginable even Pro-tee remoted into my system and couldnt figure out. I can get my bluetooth to pair and connect for a second or 2 and then it goes back to paired. I have even reinstalled windows 10 on my machine and can only get it paired with the ASUS bluetooth as well as an extension dongle. They are literally right next to each other and usually connects to COM4 port as outgoing. ProTee has been very helpful even though TGC is not supported. I just don't know what else I can possibly do before I lose a grand on buying TGC.

Comment

• vrpunk
          vrpunk commented
          Editing a comment
          Does your motherboard have internal Bluetooth, if so disable it. I had similar problems that fixed it and never had another issue with Asus BT400 adapter .

Thank you any suggestions on how I go about disabling it, because yes, I believe it does have Bluetooth built in. However, I am not sure how I disable it. Thank you!

Comment

1. Type "Device Manager" in the search bar
          2. Click on Bluetooth to expand the menu
          3. Right click on the built in Bluetooth
          4. Click "Disable Device"

Good luck! TGC is a load of fun and TGC 2019 should be even better.

Comment

• rbg88
            rbg88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so so much, You don't know how many hours I spent trying to get the Bluetooth from Paired to Connected and even gone through so much as to reinstall Windows 10. I hope this is what the issue has been all along.

Hello iskuo unfortunately my laptop (HP Envy) does not have bluetooth automatically built in. Bluetooth only shows up in device manager when I have the Asus connected. Now I am at a complete loss and am at the brink of giving up. Do I need a new laptop different operating system? I have no clue now where to go from here.

Is there a windows 10 Driver to be installed for the GC2 on Foresight Sports web page?
          Last edited by rbg88; 03-13-2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Try the VPN listed in the "slow connection " thread. I swear it's not the internet connection it helps with its the GC2s connection to the computer

Comment

• rbg88
              rbg88 commented
              Editing a comment
              Not seeing the "slow Connection" thread, any chance you can send me the link?

• rbg88
              rbg88 commented
              Editing a comment
              Not seeing the "slow Connection" thread, any chance you can send me the link?

Here

The best VPN service for private browsing, fast streaming, and more. Download our free VPN now — or check out Proton VPN Plus for even more premium features.

Might sound like the wrong thing yo try but sounds like you've tried everything else....... Sure cant hurt !!

Comment

• rbg88
              rbg88 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks but not sure what to do to set this up or no what to do with the vpn once it is set up

• StanMI
              StanMI commented
              Editing a comment
              Normally it works with your internet connection to "clean up" your path. It also seems to help with everything TGC. I thought it was something else you could try. The 2 posts you have below this one are from folks that know a lot more then I EVER will. Might try those also,

Just thought of another one. Maybe try running the Windows troubleshooter for your bluetooth to see if it finds anything.

Comment

I wrote a post combining a lot of the above comments, plus a few others for solving this issue. If you're still struggling, I would recommend working through them.

You can view it here: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ting-solutions

Comment

Everything looked right on your set up but it's keeps dropping. Maybe try deleting the Bluetooth and GC2 and trying another dongle. They are super cheap. Like 10 bucks. On another note, you might try Windows 8. I has so many problems after my PC self installed 10 one night that I downgraded and have been super happy since. Software can be a PITA.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

• rbg88
                  rbg88 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, Yes, unfortunately after downloading the VPN still nothing goes from Connected to Paired everytime. I guess I will have to downgrade to windows 8 next. I don't know what else to do. as I am trying to set up the GC2 I have it literally right next to my computer so it cant be any interference or anything as well as a dongle too.

• StanMI
                  StanMI commented
                  Editing a comment
                  mthunt made the suggestion of try another Bluetooth dongle.......Sounds like another option to try

I understand that it could be the dongle but others have said that they ditched the dongle and hooked up the USB directly into their computer. I have tried both with my GC2 less that a foot away from the computer. I guess I will have to find the dongle that is in the forum and try with that, I just wish I could rule everything else out.

Comment

• Stingreye
                  Stingreye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Make sure you don’t have a program called harmony something or other. Also do you have an iPad? Get the free performance fitting software and make sure the Bluetooth on the gc2 is working. If you HAVE ever connectect the gc2 to another device (phone or iPad). Make sure they are powered off and see if it connects. It it does you need to unpair it from your phone or iPad.

• Stingreye
                  Stingreye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you using the windows antivirus or something else?

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great point. There is an iPhone app too. The gc2 could be broken

Thanks for offering more help, I think I am giving up and selling a perfect refurbished GC2. I have installed Windows 10 yet again with no programs at all just a complete reboot of windows 10 and installed the Bluetooth device as the only external installation. Didn't even try downloading Protee Interface or GSX as of yet as I am just trying to get it to "Connected" instead of "Paired" and cant even get past this.. The unit itself does not have the Apple Bluetooth configuration at this time as I only wanted to hook it up to Windows so I don't think my Apple devices would even recognize it and haven't tried. I don't know what Antivirus comes with Windows 10 maybe defender but I didn't download and install anything external at this time. Thanks all for your help but I think this is a lost cause... Maybe one last ditch effort in downgrading to Windows 8 and seeing if that works. Thanks again all for your time and help but I literally uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 10 twice now and uninstalled and reinstalled my Asus Bluetooth and GC2 on my system over a hundred times now.

Comment

• StuartG
                  StuartG commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you have access to an android tablet? The Foresight app is free and you can use it to test if the problem might be with the GC2 itself (you'd want to know that before trying to sell it).

Also, don't know if you've covered this or not - but does the GC2 have the latest firmware loaded? There are two different windows drivers on the Foresight web site and the one being used has to be in sync with the firmware on the GC2.

I think I can get my hands on one and download the app and try hooking it up, but I literally got the GC2 back from Foresight last Wed. so I would be really upset if I paid that much money for a refurbishing and it didn't work.

Comment

• Stingreye
                  Stingreye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought nearly every foresight refurbished gc2 they upgraded to an “A” unit. Get a tablet and connect it to the android or the Apple tablet. If it’s from foresight you have a warranty for 6 months. Have them help you get it connected to the tablet. Then we can worry about the next step. We need to verify your gc2 isn’t a dud from foresight. If it is, they will fix it for you!
              Working...
              X