Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Is anyone happy with their Full Swing Simulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone happy with their Full Swing Simulator?

I am very disappointed with my Full Swing Simulator and just wondering if I am the only one out there? Would love to hear from someone that likes their FSG setup.

I paid over $90K for the FSG Sim and a Swing Catalyst setup this summer and it has just been one big let down. They provided me with an old version of the E6 software from TruGolf, but it is a version of E6 that was released in 2007 and is pretty limited and no longer supported (enhanced). What they touted as their new Simulator software Full Swing Golf (FSG) is not much more than a Beta version.

FSG Issues:
    • No ability to set the elevation on the driving range
    • Doesn't appear that elevation is factored in to any of the course configurations
    • Golf Ball is shown as square instead of round (think the old Pong Game)
    • No pin shown when you set your range target to a green, so your hitting to a target that is the size of a green with no finer target than that
    • No integration with the Swing Catalyst, even though they sold me both systems
    • Trees, Rocks, Sand is not factored into the sim, so you can hit your ball right thru a tree or a rock and you can putt out of the sand if you wish

All I can say is... WOW. Sorry to hear that. I have no experience with FullSwing but that doesn't sound good at all. Did you deal direct with the company, or with a reseller?
    Last edited by GungHoGolf; 12-25-2020, 11:45 PM.
    - Ron at GungHoGolf.com - visit my site for instructional articles and reviews

Comment

That’s a good question? Why would you put up with that after paying $90k? Sounds like a smear job to me, you have only one post here too?

So you are saying you put up with all that and never once asked Full Swing for help, or returned the unit? I don’t believe that - so why don’t you try explaining yourself, otherwise your post should be removed as it’s fake bullsh*t, meant to do one thing - smear the Full Swing name and/or raise the perceived value of other launch monitors by making another one look bad!

Comment

• Brettster
        Brettster commented
        Editing a comment
        Foreman33 and Blaiser - I'm sorry if my post offended you, but his post was out of context... I've been on this forum for years and I've never seen someone make their first post about how disappointed they were with a launch monitor/sim without explaining better what happened, and frankly, I had a very hard time believing that could be real, without seeing his invoice/receipt post, and further details.

Sorry, but I felt it my duty to call out what seemed almost incomprehensible in the world of very high dollar golf simulators, that Full Swing would disappoint a customer that badly, and not do something to make it right to the customer, or at least offer some type of 'end-point' to providing an updated version, or a date on when some of the issues would be fixed when that much money has been spent.

I also apologized to the poster below stating such.

• Foreman33
        Foreman33 commented
        Editing a comment
        All good Brettster

• Jason Penner
        Jason Penner commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, what a bad take. Do you need a hug?

Yes but he is pretty specific in terms of his complaints.

Comment

I bought the system directly from Full Swing. A copy of my invoice is attached. Phillip James was my salesman, but he has gone dark on me since October. He was a Chatty Kathy before the purchase, but now he is a black hole. The FS Support team actually hasn't been bad and they are aware of all of the issues, but they just don't have any solutions. Their standard response is, "We will see if we can get these issues added to the product roadmap". They act like I am asking for enhancements when in reality, the issues I have are bugs not enhancements.

I signed up for this forum hoping to find some other FSG users that are either just as frustrated as I am or to learn if there are people out there that could help get what I thought I was paying for when I bought the system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FS Receipt.jpg
Views:	2526
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	306751

Comment

Here is a screen shot of the square golf ball representation. This is in the FSG Sim. The ball is shown as round in the TruGolf E6 app.

Name:	Square Ball.jpg
Views:	2533
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	306753

Comment

Here is the FSG Range with the Green set as the target. You will notice the target line go thru the green, but there is no Pin on the green. In this image the "Target" is set to 150y, but there is no indication if that 150y is to the front, middle or the back of the green target. You can chose a Basket or a Marker as targets as well, and those do seem to be set to the the correct distance.

Again, for me, not being able to set the elevation makes the range worthless as I don't want to do all of the mental gymnastics to convert sea-level yardages to my 3,400' of local elevation.

Name:	Target.jpg
Views:	2531
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	306757

Comment

Given their cost, I doubt there are many people here who have one. There are many examples in life of "more expensive does not mean better" and 90,000 bills for a square ball that goes through trees sounds like one of them.

What is their return policy? You've had it for more than the standard 30 days but do you have any options to rid yourself of that thing? Bugs aside, those graphics leave plenty to be desired.

You can get a lot more for a lot less. If it were me, I'd be looking to unload that and go back to the drawing board with a different system that will offer a significantly better experience for a fraction of the cost. Just my two cents. No reason to spend 90k to be unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettster View Post
                That’s a good question? Why would you put up with that after paying $90k? Sounds like a smear job to me, you have only one post here too?

So you are saying you put up with all that and never once asked Full Swing for help, or returned the unit? I don’t believe that - so why don’t you try explaining yourself, otherwise your post should be removed as it’s fake bullsh*t, meant to do one thing - smear the Full Swing name and/or raise the perceived value of other launch monitors by making another one look bad!
                Damn bro. Maybe shouldn’t jump to conclusions like this. Think dwomble explained himself and his issues pretty well

Comment

Wow, I’m really sorry to hear this. I hope the issues all get worked out. I’m sure the readings are very accurate but certainly if you spend that kind of money the little things matter.

Comment

Originally posted by RAH5 View Post
                    Wow, I’m really sorry to hear this. I hope the issues all get worked out. I’m sure the readings are very accurate but certainly if you spend that kind of money the little things matter.
                    The Clubhead speed is about 5-6MPH too fast, but the ball speed is accurate when compared to a Mevo and Trackman 4. The spin rates are in the ball park.

The Sim doesn't provide any attack angle numbers.

Comment

Wow, that's really unfortunate that such an expensive sim doesn't perform well. Just curious, why did you choose Full Swing over Trackman or Foresight? At a high price point, I'd look for the most accurate system that provides the most data.

Comment

dwomble - I apologize for my quick comments, as you have completely documented your issues. I really feel for you losing that much money, over a system, which it looks like you 'somehow validated' worked when you made your second payment (06/03/2020 of $45,683), though I'm not sure where that leaves you on your final payment (maybe you did not pay that, in lieu of Full Swing fixing these issues, which would explain why your salesman has gone silent)? Is there any way you can return the simulator, and maybe get most of your money returned, so you could start over with this, or that Full Swing can provide you exact dates on when these issues will be fixed, and if not, offer you some type of refund?

I really don't understand how any launch monitor company could promise you something that specific and you find it that inaccurate without them suggesting some ways to fix your issues, or at least promise you an alternative/updated version coming soon that would fix the problems? If you're able to test it compared to TrackMan/Mevo, I also wonder why you didn't go with one of those two systems which are both priced less than Full Swing, or was it the Swing Catalyst system that you felt lacking/missing from the other systems? There are also full camera swing analysis systems you can purchase for just about any launch monitor, at a much lower price?

It is so blatantly wrong that I would hope that someone from Full Swing Golf could post here as well and explain themselves?

I honestly feel sorry for you giving up so much cash for a system that basically 'does not work' and has significant problems affecting your ability to practice (such as lack of elevation calculations). You say this about their support team:
                        Their standard response is, "We will see if we can get these issues added to the product roadmap". They act like I am asking for enhancements when in reality, the issues I have are bugs not enhancements.
                        I hope that Full Swing Golf can reply to this up here, and give some kind of comment on how/when they expect to fix these basic problems - especially when they seem to be charging such a premium for their simulators! I think it may say something though about them releasing the 'Full Swing Kit' ($5,000 launch monitor only), as maybe they are finally realizing that they are just very, very limited in who they can sell $90K golf simulators to. The majority of us up here are so intent on building up our own simulator around a launch monitor that is already proven accurate in all measurements/data.

Certainly - it seems that they have this part right as you're saying clubhead speed is 5-6MPH fast, but that other data seems to match what Trackman/Mevo show? It's almost like they know about these issues which they don't see an easy way to resolve with their own software, so they hope that offering just the launch monitor on it's own paired with an already tested software package (TGC2019) will get them past these issues - and have a product they can sell in much greater numbers - as long as all other data is correct. We will soon know if that's the case when those who pre-ordered Full Swing Kit receive their unit and start posting test videos.

Good luck, keep us informed on how it goes...

Comment

That's a lot of money to spend and not be happy. This is the problem with these commercial setups that are locked into their own proprietary software. From what I can tell the data it provides should be accurate, so it's really just a software problem. I've played on a few Full Swing setups over the years but they were older models without the overhead cam so they didn't seem too accurate. I believe the spin on those models was calculated so it felt like you could swing as crazy as you wanted and the shot wouldn't spin off line too much. I'm assuming the overhead cam made it more accurate, but for the price I can't see it being that much better than a GC Hawk or even Uneekor Eye XO. Probably too late at this point but you should either try to return the whole thing and get some kind of refund or see if there is any way they can give you access to some 3rd party software like TGC or another one out there that is currently in beta. Highly doubtful they'd be willing to do either but it's worth a shot. If you don't see major improvements in their software soon the next step might be some legal action, but I'm sure that would be an uphill battle too.

Comment

Good Lord.... I mean I'd probably march on down to their office location with a 9i in my hand if I was given that kind of crap... Does your system have the new Ion3 overhead tracking system? I can't understand how you are getting shafted like this. I'd be bending over backward to make this right for you. Hope someone from FullSwing sees this and gets back to you.

Comment

Working...
                            X